10+ Year Old Account
    Well if I'm reading that right they got to almost five hundred grand in like a day. Even with everything crashing. Isn't the goal only like two million? A very good sign indeed.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Oh man... They updated so many videos.

Its like this guy knows exactly what I want. To be able to live out my dream of living in space.

Watch... Nasa is going to have to turn to crowd funding.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...that vid is flipping amazing. I may have to look into this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I may have to look into this game.
    This is what happened to me when I looked into it.

Deleted
    If they can hit the sweet spot between WC:Prophecy and something like X3 then I'll give them everything I own.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm somewhat disapointed that this is an online game. i first saw the videos and thought: fuck yea, a mix of mass effect and freespace! ... but then ... mmo. i don't want a grindy space game. i want one epic storydriven action strategy game. a freespace with planets and spacestations to explore, massive battles, aliens, ancient robots, lore, mystery, certain doom and explosions! (especially explosions).

i will keep an eye on it but every single space mmo i have seen and played was pretty underwhelming imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    i'm somewhat disapointed that this is an online game. i first saw the videos and thought: fuck yea, a mix of mass effect and freespace! ... but then ... mmo. i don't want a grindy space game. i want one epic storydriven action strategy game. a freespace with planets and spacestations to explore, massive battles, aliens, ancient robots, lore, mystery, certain doom and explosions! (especially explosions).

i will keep an eye on it but every single space mmo i have seen and played was pretty underwhelming imo.

QFT (except that I like EVE online).
    I'd love this to be single player with added multiplayer 'dogfight' options. He made it sound like it was based on EVE in the way security is handled (one can trade on earth, there's tax, one can trade on low-security systems for more rewards, but it's also less safe).

Also, what are these 'citizen cards'? If you back them, you get a citizen card (which apparently has to be shipped...extra 15euro for EU =( )
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2012-10-13 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    i'm somewhat disapointed that this is an online game [...] i will keep an eye on it but every single space mmo i have seen and played was pretty underwhelming imo.
    I believe the single player campaign mode is going to be available offline, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The counter is working again on the home page.

We’re Back!

What a long, strange trip it has been! I’m very pleased to announce that the Roberts Space Industries website is coming back online as originally intended. Thanks to the heroic efforts of our web team, you can now pledge as originally intended as well as access your account information and view the real time pledge counter.

More changes are coming, too: we’re in the process of setting up the more robust forum you deserve; a search feature, PMs and everything else you have asked for will be available soon. Additional payment options and the ability to add to your existing pledges (against all odds, you demanded it!) will be online in the coming days.

It’s not all going to be apologetic letters and ‘back to normal’ updates, either. Now that we’re not “all hands on deck” dealing with the site outage you will see the Comm-Link and other familiar sections return to life. Expect more polls, in-depth ship descriptions, news from the world of Star Citizen and more Q&A with Chris Roberts! Ask him about physics! (On second thought, maybe you shouldn’t, we’ll be here all day…) We’re also putting the finishing touches on the maps and the Galactapedia.

And one last thing: your Golden Tickets WILL RETURN. We had to put them away while we fixed the site, but you’ll find them waiting for you in your accounts in the coming days.

I’d like to thank you all, personally: you space pilots have proven yourselves to be the most thoughtful, helpful and incredibly patient group I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I feel terrible that the web issues have impacted such a great group. We’re going to do everything we can to justify your treatment of our endeavor. It’s going to be cool!

Ben Lesnick
    Community Manager
    Cloud Imperium Games
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    The counter is working again on the home page.
    Going to have to squirrel away a little cash and buy the "wingnuts" deal.

I mean, its THE GAME + a high end dog fighter. No reason not to buy it.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a severe lack of information on this game and it's disheartening.

Citizens Cards? The hell are these. What is the significance of the different levels

Credits? The hell are these

Are the ships you get from pre-funding any good? Can you get them in game otherwise?

What happens if the game doesn't get funded? Do people get their money back?

All these have been asked on the forums and such already, but they're the exact questions I'm wondering as well...seems like someone would have gone "huh, maybe we should explain some of these things since we don't have a good FAQ about them yet" before offering them as purchases
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Star Control 1, only space game worth a dam.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Are the ships you get from pre-funding any good? Can you get them in game otherwise?
    What happens if the game doesn't get funded? Do people get their money back?
    Citizens Cards? The hell are these. What is the significance of the different levels
    Well, I can tell you some of the things right now.

"Everything is bought with in-game credits. These purchases won’t offer any advantage over someone who puts in the “game-time” to earn the same amount of credits. You might ask, why have “in-game” purchases at all? This allows us the resources to support the game on an ongoing basis as well as continually add content."

That answers one question.

The other

"we are offering you the option to have your money refunded (less processing fees), should we really not reach our minimum goal."

And the third question

"Even though there are other alien races, we’re beginning with the human side of it. The Star Citizen universe has evolved into a futuristic version of the Roman Empire. We thought it would be very interesting to have Citizenship be something that you don’t automatically receive. It’s something you have to earn through civic duty or military service. It’s a way to create a class system, which creates the potential for conflict among various groups and players."

(so its like rank.)

Come on man.

Its just at the bottom of the page.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but all games ever made that were launched as jawbreaking blockbusteing never done before projects end up offering half of what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I'm sorry but all games ever made that were launched as jawbreaking blockbusteing never done before projects end up offering half of what they promised.
    and?

+10char

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This is what happened to me when I looked into it.

I don't use Facebook, but I wish I could "like" this post.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Just bought the 125 Dollar package, very excited about a Chris Roberts space MMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
    Just bought the 125 Dollar package, very excited about a Chris Roberts space MMO!!
    SOMETHING ME AND KETZER CAN AGREE ON?

Impossiburrrr!!

From the trailer it looks to be yet another "airplane physics in a pretended space environment" game. Why can't anyone make a space combat game with somewhat real physics? And contrails in vacuum? Yet another immersion breaker just to make it look "cool".
    It might end up to be fun, but so far I'm not that impressed.

Don't really like space games- only really play x3. That's sort of impressive though. I have a lot of respect for the developer too.

Very bold. Well, pitched. I shall donate.