Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    ok, i am just going to leave this here...
    We know mate. Game is excellent and can do no wrong.

Some of the comments made me giggle due to their honesty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I admittedly didn't watch the whole thing, but skimming through this seems to be a 30 minute video about how amazing some random piece of ambiance in a video game is. It brings to mind a certain super realistic dog preview that's still a meme to this day.
    Pretty much is. Not a spectacular video personally.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrene View Post
    Oh look, SC is not getting released. Totally did not see that coming. You guys keep on throwing money at him.
    I threw some money at the game 3 years ago and I still don't care that it isn't done. I have enough shit to play as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I threw some money at the game 3 years ago and I still don't care that it isn't done. I have enough shit to play as it is.
    Bingo.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Bingo.

/10char
    Cool. Can you guarantee every other player who's thrown money at the game and is still waiting feels the same way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cool. Can you guarantee every other player who's thrown money at the game and is still waiting feels the same way?
    No, and why would I? I'm not them. Hell, I've told more people to wait for eventual release than to buy now. I haven't touched the game itself in over a year, just watching stuff grow from the sidelines. But I'm still here to answer peoples' questions about the game instead of doomsay and piss on the other people that are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    If your hype died ages ago the you are just one of those who cannot cope with the fact that we see the development from the start.
    SC just reached 5 years, its a big single player game's dev time. If it were to be a publusher funded game we would probably only hear about it this summer in a teaser.
    The original release date was in 2014, however. It's hard to fault people from getting a bit disillusioned now that we're mid 2017 and completion is nowhere in sight. Yeah, progress is being made and all, but the pace is pretty slow all things considered. And I assume many people joined post 2014, but it doesn't change the fact that it had a long and, if a quarter of the shit being throw around the 'net is right, pretty rocky development, and even alpha releases keep getting delayed too.

No Man's Sky also probably made some people more skeptical. Yeah, the context isn't the same, but the basic idea of a (potentially) overpromising and under delivering space sim remains the same.

No, and why would I? I'm not them. Hell, I've told more people to wait for eventual release than to buy now. I haven't touched the game itself in over a year, just watching stuff grow from the sidelines. But I'm still here to answer peoples' questions about the game instead of doomsay and piss on the other people that are still here.
    God forbid people are critical of the game right? I can't blame them after how many times it's been delayed.

As I said if this turns out to be good then great. Maybe the wait will have been worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    God forbid people are critical of the game right?
    God forbid people are interested in the game right?

God forbid people are interested in the game right?
    Where did I ever say there was anything wrong with people who are interested? You are really grasping at straws here.

I was more referring to people who go out of their way to defend a game and ignore all of it's flaws. I've seen it in other game forums/threads and I see it in this one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-14 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I ever say there was anything wrong with people who are interested? You are really grasping at straws here.

I was more referring to people who go out of their way to defend a game and ignore all of it's flaws. I've seen it in other game forums/threads and I see it in this one.
    And you're grasping at the same straws of me. Not once did I ever say people couldn't be critical. But they need to understand the process behind it all. WHY are things happening the way they are. You can go back and see me complain about stuff about this project.

Overall though, I'm mainly referring to those that are part of the FUD campaign that sit in their cesspools ignoring any of the progress and building upon lies to try and hurt to development of the game, and to a lesser extent, the ones that mock anyone who's interested (you can go back and find more of those).

And you're grasping at the same straws of me. Not once did I ever say people couldn't be critical. But they need to understand the process behind it all. WHY are things happening the way they are. You can go back and see me complain about stuff about this project.

Overall though, I'm mainly referring to those that are part of the FUD campaign that sit in their cesspools ignoring any of the progress and building upon lies to try and hurt to development of the game, and to a lesser extent, the ones that mock anyone who's interested (you can go back and find more of those).
    And I agree. But the game has been delayed multiple times. I don't blame people if they are slightly annoyed at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    my favorite bits from today's AtV are:

i also loved the character testimonials at the end, but that should be watches and heard rather than just watched, imo.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    So, more delays. Chris Roberts was straight up bullshitting at Gamescom last year about 3.0 release date.

Freelancer only got released when it did because Microsoft stepped in and stamped on Chris Roberts' 'ambitious vision' so the thing could actually be done. There's no Microsoft this time.
    So much this.

At this rate, the game will never be actually finished. I don't think a lot of backers want to see this(obvious reasons) but I see more and more people waking up as time goes by.

The turning point came by last year's anniversary stream when the whole reddit was on fire. Chris then came with his message in an attempt to calm people down, but it was already too late. A lot of people had already done a "Screw this, I'll be back in 6 months" and signed off. You could really feel the anger from the community and it still stirs in the volcano.

If Star Citizen doesn't release, everyone knows that all the blame goes on Chris. He should never have been the lead for this project. Part of it, sure, dreamers are good to have around. But you can't teach old dogs new tricks. He is doing the same mistakes he did in Freelancer and nobody dares to challenge him. His wife isn't going to. His brother won't either. They have personal connections that basically prevents them from doing anything about it. Dealing with Chris isn't even on the map, It's a shame.

If Chris goes down, SC will go down with him. That as much is clear.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2017-07-14 at 10:57 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a damn about other people's feelings on this game, personally. When it's ready, I'll be ready.

And I agree. But the game has been delayed multiple times. I don't blame people if they are slightly annoyed at this point.
    i have put more money into the game already than most of the people thats moaning about a game which would take around 7 years to be ready, its in year 5 now and even at the kickstarter stage if you knew chris you knew he was a dreamer and not to pay attention to dates because he gets over excited.

the company only got up and running in 2013 and it took a while before it was at a reasonably strength to start bashing out whats needed for the game.

Fact is this game is taking so long because of the level of detail going into every aspect and it will be ready when its ready, most likely end of 2019/early 2020 when we are to see at least beta stage where the game is pretty much complete.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

10+ Year Old Account
    Introducing the Tumbril

- - - Updated - - -

New AtV is up: Kiosks

Courtesy of Mr-Hasgaha on Reddit

love the details in the animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    just discovered these from CIG

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at those fancy jpegs of a tech demo.

Those pictures while they look nice are still not interesting. I care about the gameplay more than fancy graphics.

Game could look as pretty as it wants and can still play like hot garbage.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-26 at 02:34 PM.