Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    Then I must have missed that.

Because it seems to me that CIG and the backers are still using the same weak excuses they have always used.

SC is BIG!!!
    SC is AMBITIOUS!!!
    SC has a HUGE SCALE AND SCOPE!!!
    CIG needed to build itself up from nothing.

And so on.

None of which really excuse the slow development. You accept them, but they don't really explain the time it is taking. SC might be big and ambitious with a big feature list...but other games are just as big and ambitious and have just as many features and still get developed in less time with less money. Other teams and devs also have to deal with setting up companies, and still manage to put out games. Why does CIG get a pass?

Star Citizen started development in 2011 and work was already significantly advanced by the time of the kickstarter. It has been in development for nearly seven years at this stage.

Seven years.

GTA V took about five years to develop
    World of warcraft took four or five years to develop.
    SWTOR again took about 5 years to develop.
    Destiny took about 4 years to develop, and that includes a substantial reworking

These games all took about 5 years to develop. Not "6 and counting". That includes pre production.
    You must love being wrong. SC has not been in development for 7 years, it was nothing but a bot of concept art and an idea 7 years ago. There wasn't any design work done to even build a base game until 2013 because there wasn't much funding, and the whole thing had to be redone because of engine limitations anyway.

The "bugs" in the chart have mostly been moved out to a new patch by the way. They didn't actually fix many of them, just pushed them away so that they can release something. Anger is already brewing in the SC community and Chris needs to get something out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You must love being wrong. SC has not been in development for 7 years, it was nothing but a bot of concept art and an idea 7 years ago. There wasn't any design work done to even build a base game until 2013 because there wasn't much funding, and the whole thing had to be redone because of engine limitations anyway.
    It was in development in 2012 according to CR himself. Scheduled for release 2014 or things would become "too long" (Again from CR).
    If you have a problem with how Chris uses the word "development" then that's on him. People are right in using that word and talking about 2012 because that's precisely what CR did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The "bugs" in the chart have mostly been moved out to a new patch by the way. They didn't actually fix many of them, just pushed them away so that they can release something. Anger is already brewing in the SC community and Chris needs to get something out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I know, it was meant to be a sarcastic joke question. Even when they release 3.0, if they will, it lacks 90% of the content originally said there'd be
    It's made up bullshit like this that helps propagate the FUD campaign. Random passerbys swing by and see this shit. You people use the guise of "I'm just being critical" or "I want to see the game finish." But that's just more made up bullshit. This entire website is a cesspool for toxic crybabies that can't handle anything that is outside of their own little micro-bubble world. It's shit like this that keeps game developers from being open about their projects.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    It's made up bullshit like this that helps propagate the FUD campaign. Random passerbys swing by and see this shit. You people use the guise of "I'm just being critical" or "I want to see the game finish." But that's just more made up bullshit. This entire website is a cesspool for toxic crybabies that can't handle anything that is outside of their own little micro-bubble world. It's shit like this that keeps game developers from being open about their projects.
    Or the fact that they don't owe anybody shit.

Look, I know you're upset that this thread went from a Star Shillizen echo chamber to lots of negative people showing up after 6 years of development, but it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. Chris himself said anything after 2014 would make things dull and he was right. He knew this was coming. He's not complaining and neither should you. Instead, you should have hope that eventually the game will speak for itself.

Ultimately, that is what matters if the game is successful or not. But I bet if SC fails you are going to blame us for it happening. Only time will tell.

The interview (19th Oct 2012) was copied here (the site it was originally posted on has been renamed and the link doesn't appear to work anymore.)

The quotes:

For those of us that have seen the announcement trailer and subsequent footage to come out, it seems like a hugely exciting project. How long have you been working on the game so far?

Chris: Basically I’ve been working with a small team over the course of the past year to get the early prototyping and production done. The team has varied in scale from just me, essentially, to about 10 people. That’s just the actual work though.
    You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or CIG could start delivering on their time tables.

Even when the dates they're showing us supposedly is their internal productions ones, we still get these massive delays. You don't have to be an FUD troll to be sceptical of what CIGs says about when they'll release updates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Or CIG could start delivering on their time tables.

Even when the dates they're showing us supposedly is their internal productions ones, we still get these massive delays. You don't have to be an FUD troll to be sceptical of what CIGs says about when they'll release updates.
    There's being skeptical, then there's actively wanting the game to fail, which some of the people in here posting have explicitly stated. And when you want to game to fail, you are past being skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I dont think its unbelievable.

There are ton of not-so-good developers out there, and i doubt a company thats crowdfunded has the money to hire the actually good ones, especially at a game this size and by good ones i simply mean the ones that would produce the results faster than they are.

Which is why i find the delay not to be surprising.

I dont know what job they are doing, all i know is the project is too big for a company thats not backed by millions, therefor i dont see why he wouldnt release half the game first, and then the rest..at least my opinion.
    Actually, I would say they managed to hire a number of experienced and talented developers.

Where did things go "wrong"? Why is it taking so long? Why is there so little to show after almost seven years of development?

Several factors....

1. Chris Roberts raised extra money on the premise that he could get extra developers and so finish faster. Instead, he embraced feature creep and bloat. The extra developers he hired weren't enough to overcome that anchor so the game is taking longer than expected.

2. Chris Roberts was out of the industry for a decade. As a result, he was out of touch and continually underestimated the resources necessary to complete his project

3. Chris Roberts chose CryEngine for the game. No matter how I look at it, the only possible reason why he would do that for a game like SC is because it had a reputation for being pretty. In all other aspects CE seems woefully inadequate and unsuited for the game being developed, meaning huge amounts of time and money are being spent changing the engine and making it suitable....which then also invalidates much of the work already done, which then leads to a necessity to repeat work supposedly finished.

4. Chris Roberts did not have the team needed to create his vision. So, he hired a number of third party devs to create his game. Unfortunately, he was also messing about with the engine but didn't communicate the changes to his third parties meaning huge amounts of work became incompatible with the core and had to be thrown put. Star Marine is perhaps the most high profile instance of this - Ilfonic delivered - but because it was incompatible with the engine, the work was useless.

5. CRs focus shifted from a Wing Commander successor to an MMO life simulator. Similarly to point 4, huge amounts of work were rendered useless and had to be thrown out.

6. All of this meant the project would take far far longer than planned, which in turn drove up development costs. Which means more fundraising was necessary. CR can't bring in outside investors without giving them a say in development, which means he needs to continue crowdfunding as long as he can. That in turn dictates development priorities because while a game engine is necessary, ship sales are what brings in the cash. Even though it means work eventually has to be redone, and means even longer development times as a result CIG need to prioritise aspects of the game which bring in money even at the expense of core systems.

7: No incentive for CIG to be efficient.

As a result, CR has spent huge amounts of time and money on work which was effectively thrown away, and the seven years of development is, in reality, closer to two.

- - - Updated - - -

Development started in 2011. Pre production counts just as it does for EVERY other game in existence.

Star Citizen doesn't get to ignore years of development simply because it makes CIG look slow.

The game started development in 2011 and simply because huge chunks of the game were thrown away and/or redone doesn't change that. Noone says Destiny had a development time of a year because they started the clock when they made changes...they started the clock in 2010 when pre-production began.

Star Citizen development started in 2011. That CR saw fit to scrap huge chunks of code, and even entire modules, and waste your money to do so doesn't change that.

Star Citizen has been in development since 2011. Over a year of work done by 2012 and advanced enough that CR felt he could give a 2014 release date. And without the additional bloat and feature creep, he might have made that deadline. It's now 2017...meaning over 6 full years of development, counting down to 7. Other games tend to take 5, even with huge rewrites. There's a reason for that...investors want return on their money and they often aren't willing to wait more than 5 years. But often, that simply makes development teams more efficient...the get more done with less resources in a shorter time frame.

CIG doesn't have the spur of a deadline to make them efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

There's being skeptical, then there's actively wanting the game to fail, which some of the people in here posting have explicitly stated. And when you want to game to fail, you are past being skeptical.
    And is zealo saying anything about wanting SC to fail?

Being skeptical is not the same as being vindictive.

And lets face it....SC is in trouble.

Looking just at finances, the game CR wants is one which can easily absorb $2-$300 million in development costs alone. CIG have spent $110 million or so, raised $160 million or so and have just a few tech demos to show for it. The game is still in pre-Alpha state, isn't likely to reach a true Alpha state for at least another year and they are already making plans to redo game assets....which were introduced far too early simply so they could be sold for cash.

None of this counts money that CIG will need for marketing and hosting, nor does it count the additional costs to develop S42...which can't move ahead anyway until the game engine, netcode and flight model are finished and improved.

CIG have no more than $50 million or so on hand. The financials they have released also indicate they are spending slightly more money than they are raising. What we see about donations and backers suggests that their deficit will only increase so the $50 million or so they seem to have as a reserve will only shrink.

Leaving aside everything else, for all the money they have raised....given their aims and expenses, its very likely they don't have enough to finish the game....at least, as planned.

Thats worrying. And its only one aspect of the game that has issues.

Given the way CIG has spent the money it has already raised...is a $50 million buffer enough to a: finish the game b: market the game when it is ready and c: pay for hosting costs - not to mention the money they will need to finish S42 once they get the engine, netcode and flight model working as intended.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2017-10-02 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant say things like this when even Chris Roberts has gone on record saying it started production pre-kickstarter and that quite a lot of design and concept (not the art) was worked on. In fact, another quote of Chris early on circa 2013-14 was - and I'm paraphrasing here "We've worked on this for a few years and any more and it becomes a bore/stale" lol.

2010 yes is too early but 2013 is way too late to say that's when it started. It's just like the people who say the early years don't count because they had very few employees relative to now, even though they had over 100-150 contractors and different studios working for them.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

The irony of "crybabies that can't handle anything that is outside of their own little micro-bubble world" is delicious.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    You cant say things like this when even Chris Roberts has gone on record saying it started production pre-kickstarter and that quite a lot of design and concept (not the art) was worked on. In fact, another quote of Chris early on circa 2013-14 was - and I'm paraphrasing here "We've worked on this for a few years and any more and it becomes a bore/stale" lol.

2010 yes is too early but 2013 is way too late to say that's when it started. It's just like the people who say the early years don't count because they had very few employees relative to now, even though they had over 100-150 contractors and different studios working for them.
    There was nothing tangible until at least 2013, that's pretty much my point. He had nothing to show for it until a few years ago, and even then he has yet to deliver on much of what has been expected. Two years worth of delays because of a myriad of issues haven't helped, but I don't consider a game that didn't have a solidified engine until three or four years ago, to really have been in any form of true development. New games also take longer. I find it laughable that anyone would compare the primitiveness of games like WoW's development time to the technology that SC is pushing. None of these things were possible in games made well over a decade ago. The physics alone is something no developer has really attempted to realize in an MMO type of game. I don't think there is a single comparable in gaming for the genre, let along pure single player games. I'd piss on anyone who wants to compare NMS and ED at release to what SC will have at the time of a live release. All of their content is an afterthought, CIG is trying to do the majority of it for release, not afterwards. We know many features that were secondary items will not be included in the live release, which I am sure most people are content with, but it will have a lot more features than other similar games do when it gets to a live state, regardless of how long it takes. Better to do it right than give the people who funded the project a shitty half baked project, look at how well bullshitting to your customers worked for the NMS devs.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was nothing tangible until at least 2013, that's pretty much my point. He had nothing to show for it until a few years ago, and even then he has yet to deliver on much of what has been expected. Two years worth of delays because of a myriad of issues haven't helped, but I don't consider a game that didn't have a solidified engine until three or four years ago, to really have been in any form of true development. New games also take longer. I find it laughable that anyone would compare the primitiveness of games like WoW's development time to the technology that SC is pushing. None of these things were possible in games made well over a decade ago. The physics alone is something no developer has really attempted to realize in an MMO type of game. I don't think there is a single comparable in gaming for the genre, let along pure single player games. I'd piss on anyone who wants to compare NMS and ED at release to what SC will have at the time of a live release. All of their content is an afterthought, CIG is trying to do the majority of it for release, not afterwards. We know many features that were secondary items will not be included in the live release, which I am sure most people are content with, but it will have a lot more features than other similar games do when it gets to a live state, regardless of how long it takes. Better to do it right than give the people who funded the project a shitty half baked project, look at how well bullshitting to your customers worked for the NMS devs.
    I mean, they didn't even have to start from scratch on their engine. That's a massive boon to any development studio. Yes they had to do all these re-writes for their physic grid system (I hope your not referring to the flight model physics instead, because everything flight is horrible)

But either way you make it sound like all the features promised will actually be good, when we don't know that at all. Just because their feature list and scope is much bigger then anything before it, doesn't mean it will be good.

We all know how horrible Star Marine is, even from the eyes of "placeholder bro" and how crappy Arena Commander is with the flight model and combat even 3.5 years of testing later (and no arguing will ever convince me otherwise at this point - CIG themselves have no idea what their combat wants to look or feel like) I remember making AC official threads in June 2014 and the problems then still exist now. That's the bare foundations of the game, flying and walking around. Them designing a sandbox and all the other very, very complicated game systems that go with it with any quality (professions, economy, pvp/pve, player-freedom and all that jazz) makes me spit out my coffee.

Sandbox games have an insane failure rate because the developers need a real brain to make it work. You've got what, EVE and... well a few other really shit ones and that's it and Star Citizen cant even get a grasp on space combat. Although we shouldn't have expected a miracle, It plays almost like Freelancer combat did in 2003, extremely horrible and one dimensional (as in, very low depth).
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-10-02 at 08:50 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I mean, they didn't even have to start from scratch on their engine. That's a massive boon to any development studio. Yes they had to do all these re-writes for their physic grid system (I hope your not referring to the flight model physics instead, because everything flight is horrible)

But either way you make it sound like all the features promised will actually be good, when we don't know that at all. Just because their feature list and scope is much bigger then anything before it, doesn't mean it will be good.

We all know how horrible Star Marine is, even from the eyes of "placeholder bro" and how crappy Arena Commander is with the flight model and combat even 3.5 years of testing later (and no arguing will ever convince me otherwise at this point - CIG themselves have no idea what their combat wants to look or feel like) I remember making AC official threads in June 2014 and the problems then still exist now. That's the bare foundations of the game, flying and walking around. Them designing a sandbox and all the other very, very complicated game systems that go with it with any quality (professions, economy, pvp/pve, player-freedom and all that jazz) makes me spit out my coffee.

Sandbox games have an insane failure rate because the developers need a real brain to make it work. You've got what, EVE and... well a few other really shit ones and that's it and Star Citizen cant even get a grasp on space combat. Although we shouldn't have expected a miracle, It plays almost like Freelancer combat did in 2003, extremely horrible and one dimensional (as in, very low depth).
    I haven't been a fan of the flight model either, it definitely needs a lot of hashing out and needs to be simplified in some ways and made less repetitive, as it seems far too complicated and tries too hard to be realistic when it comes to the controls, rather than being fun. I think as long as there is a bare bones system in place for flight and combat, it can be tweaked towards the end of development. I am sure the other systems are more pressing for them at this time as they push to try and get 3.0 done.

There was nothing tangible until at least 2013, that's pretty much my point. He had nothing to show for it until a few years ago, and even then he has yet to deliver on much of what has been expected. Two years worth of delays because of a myriad of issues haven't helped, but I don't consider a game that didn't have a solidified engine until three or four years ago, to really have been in any form of true development.
    And unfortunately, that's YOUR problem. You can't accept that the game has now been in development for nearly seven years but the fact remains that a lot of work had been done even before Kickstarter.

Chris Roberts even boasted about it.

And what were these delays? Much of the delay was due to

1: CIG shifting the entire focus of the game from a Wing Commander set up to a MMO style life simulator meaning an engine that was barely capable of the former was now totally incapable of the latter

2: Huge amounts of feature creep and bloat

3: All of which required massive and extensive rewrites of the game engine which takes time

4: Which CIG somehow forgot to tell their third party developers about meaning their third party work was incompatible with the rest of the game

5: The marketing model which required assets which should have been added in Beta to be added in the preAlpha phase....meaning huge amounts of work need to be redone to improve their quality and ensure compatibility

In short....development.

Telling us you don't consider the previous work "True" development is simply telling us you are OK with the huge amounts of time and money CIG wasted, that you accept that they almost literally threw out years of work.

And that you consider only the work on the current iteration of the game to be "valid".

Yes....you can make a case that the current preAlpha demos we currently see are the result of what is effectively 2 or 3 years work. But that doesn't mean the previous 3 or 4 years work did not happen.

New games also take longer. I find it laughable that anyone would compare the primitiveness of games like WoW's development time to the technology that SC is pushing. None of these things were possible in games made well over a decade ago.

Except much of the tech that CIG is pushing as new and groundbreaking is, in cases, decades old and pretty much all of it has been used elsewhere. Even FOIP isn't new. Most companies simply reject it because it isn't worth the cost in CPU time or bandwidth.

Fact remains....most AAA titles take about 5 years to develop, start to finish...rewrites, reworks and all. SC is approaching year seven and is still in its preAlpha phase...with a dodgy engine, netcode and flight model.

I'd piss on anyone who wants to compare NMS and ED at release to what SC will have at the time of a live release. All of their content is an afterthought, CIG is trying to do the majority of it for release, not afterwards.
    And the reason this means the two can't be compared is...?

Beyond the little fact that it ends up showing SC as a wannabee? ED has been carefully planned with a list of features to add. The game is structured to be expanded so why should it matter....

Except it shows that a game with the same feature set as SC, alongside a greater ambition and scope, could have been achieved with less money, fewer developers and in less time.

Why is a game that will cost $2-300 million to develop and require ten years work by up to 400 people better than a game that has the same feature list but took 50 devs 3 years to write for a cost of about $18 million?

That isn't an easy question to answer.

Being blunt...there is no reason to avoid comparisons with ED, NMS, SWTOR or other games....other than to spare the feelings of SC fans who can't accept that CIG has more devs than HG and FD combined, has already taken just as long to develop SC as ED and NMS combined and has spent several times more money than the combined development costs of ED and NMS combined...and where those are full games (flawed but full), CIG has problems getting their tech demos to run correctly and has released next to nothing.

None of EDs expansions are afterthoughts. We already know what they plan to add and the game is structured to allow it. More, EDs COBRA engine is already capable of handling what they want to add.

Afterthought? This is the thinking of a SC fan in defence mode, unable to accept that SC is not ambitious, not groundbreaking, not new...that it isn't pushing the envelope...and that other games, EXISTING games have beaten SC to the punch.

SWTOR uses a third person view.
    ED needs to add FPS and atmospheric landings and it'll be SC
    NMS requires stronger multiplayer

ED wll likely have a different feel and vibe than SC. It is after a different game with a different focus. That won't make it better or worse than SC...just different.

But throwing money at SC and calling it an AAA won't make it better either. Looking at some of the in game mechanics CR has planned makes me wonder how anyone would find it fun. There is a reason MMOs have abandoned such mechanics...they aren't fun.

Will CR make cargo handling fun? I suppose its possible....but I doubt it.

We know many features that were secondary items will not be included in the live release,
    Probably. But isn't that why he held off? Wouldn't that make everything else...afterthoughts?

And that MVP would not be the game promised. It'd be CIG going back.to the development model that they supposedly abandoned. That instead of one big release, they would have XPacs that added features and content...just like ED.

Why then have they wasted 4 years building up a game where we can get it all in one package if you are now willing to accept a piecemeal approach? If you are going to argue that this is what you expect, then what about all those who voted for a fully contained release?

which I am sure most people are content with, but it will have a lot more features than other similar games do when it gets to a live state, regardless of how long it takes. Better to do it right than give the people who funded the project a shitty half baked project, look at how well bullshitting to your customers worked for the NMS devs.
    Quite well. And NMS has turned into quite a decent game. Sure, Sony forced the games telease a year early but HG have worked hard to remedy that and have added a lot to the game.

For a game that took

THREE years and not 6 and counting
    TWELVE devs and not nearly 400
    TEN million and not $110 million and counting

to develop, what they came up with isn't bad. It would have been better if Sony hadn't driven the hype machine up...just like CR is doing...and given them an extra year

But they produced what CIG has been incapable of producing.

A working game. CIG couldn't even get a scripted polished rehearsed on rails demo to work.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't been a fan of the flight model either, it definitely needs a lot of hashing out and needs to be simplified in some ways and made less repetitive, as it seems far too complicated and tries too hard to be realistic when it comes to the controls, rather than being fun. I think as long as there is a bare bones system in place for flight and combat, it can be tweaked towards the end of development. I am sure the other systems are more pressing for them at this time as they push to try and get 3.0 done.
    No....it can't. Like the game engine and netcode, other core aspects of the game which CIG still have not finished, the flight model ties into a large number of systems and determines how they will operate and work in game.

Essentially, it ties into what ships can do and cannot do, game balance, ship feel, combat mechanics, atmospheric flight and more.

The flight engine may not be as central as the game engine or netcode but it is still a central part of the game. CR has talked about updating and improving it but there still seems to be little if any movement on it.

The danger with leaving it till last and tweaking it is the impact that will have on other aspects if the game, which will then require more time to fix. The good point is that it does seem to be in a relatively advanced state. It requires work...in some ways, a lot of work...but not so much as some other aspects of the game.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2017-10-04 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's very complicated.

Insane turn rates, very fast yaw and a point and click gimbal system mean that it's the complete opposite. Fast Yaw and Turn rates is sort of realistic but never makes for good gameplay, or in the last 20yrs of 3d games there hasn't been a good flight game with those parameters.

Even with Fast Yaw and the other stuff, I was expecting a skill ceiling of say, War Thunder Simulator battles at the least (6/10 difficulty), not what we have now (2.5/10). Freelancer would be a 1/10, War Thunder Arcade is 1.5/10 and War Thunder Realistic Battles 3/10 for reference.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this thread and remembered i actually had a supporter account for this game that i had long since forgotten about. Then i came in here to ask if it had been released yet and see from proceeding posts that it is still the same old dumpster fire.

Years ago it was "No guys, its a really real game and not vaporware."

15 years from now when this game gets launched by some company who scooped up the IP from a post-meltdown CGI i wonder if it will be better than Duke Nukem Forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I saw this thread and remembered i actually had a supporter account for this game that i had long since forgotten about. Then i came in here to ask if it had been released yet and see from proceeding posts that it is still the same old dumpster fire.

Years ago it was "No guys, its a really real game and not vaporware."

15 years from now when this game gets launched by some company who scooped up the IP from a post-meltdown CGI i wonder if it will be better than Duke Nukem Forever.
    "Hurr hurr, look at me! I'm comparing a game that people can currently watch development on and even play the latest release patch of to a game that was only mentioned that it exists every couple of years! I'm so edgy!"

Let's be honest here, Star Citizen backers are the ones stuck in time. You guys are raving on about how awesome "things look" this far in. It's like you guys are still in 2013 or 2014 and don't really want the honeymoon to be over.

Star Citizen isn't a new thing anymore. It's dated, behind schedule and the core mechanics are far, far away.

But hey, "Look at this snow and this view!!" Lmfao. Any actual game is still a fantasy and that should be a concern to anybody with a sense of time and especially those with experience from dev work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to leave this here because this thread is a prime example of this garbage-tier stupidity.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ziSkg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    But hey, "Look at this snow and this view!!" Lmfao.
    Plus, you do know that that picture was a render and not from the actual game, right? "lmfao"

I'm just going to leave this here because this thread is a prime example of this garbage-tier stupidity.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ziSkg

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, you do know that that picture was a render and not from the actual game, right? "lmfao"
    Oh come off it. Almost nobody in this thread is harassing the devs or insulting them. The posters I see the most are critical of the game's development process and design decisions which is more than perfectly fair. I'm sure there are people who are toxic around Star Citizen but this thread is not an example and you don't get to lump all critics of the title under one umbrella to spare your feels.