Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Everyone forgets that this is a real alpha and not a complete game.
    Yeap, after seeing the reaction from the Pax event, I realized why a lot of publishers don't reveal their game early. Because people are stupid, at least a lot of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the Alpha, is it random selection or if I purchase the game (or one of the Aircraft) I receive an Alpha slot? It seems that wouldn't be the case considering a lot of people already paid prior to Alpha announcement.

So what is this "reserve" an Alpha slot?

Or does it simply mean after the slots run out there is no way I can get in alpha/beta even by pledging?

Also whats the minimum pledge amount?
    Last edited by Mister K; 2014-04-16 at 07:04 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Suprm View Post
    Also whats the minimum pledge amount?
    I believe $40 dollars is the cheapest that gives you alpha access.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr

About 100 Alpha slots left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I believe $40 dollars is the cheapest that gives you alpha access.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/316-aurora-mr

About 100 Alpha slots left.
    Thanks and also when is the Alpha or when will we have the access for it?
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    The next module coming up is the dogfighting, exact release of that i do not know but its estimated to be somewhere in April-June. You can download the hangar module and have a look at the ship already though.

What zealo said, you will have access to your ship and hangar right away and you can walk around in it. Dogfighting module should be coming in less than a month so you can fight other players, in a arena style battle. Think World of Tanks but with spaceships.

This roadmap shows what is coming.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post26424637

10+ Year Old Account
    Lastly if you pledge now does that also give you access to the game or will we have to purchase the game "again"? Thanks btw.
    -K

Lastly if you pledge now does that also give you access to the game or will we have to purchase the game "again"? Thanks btw.
    The link I pasted above includes the game, some packages only include ships. Scroll down and it will tell you what it includes. That $40 dollar package I linked, comes with the multiplayer game (Star Citizen), the single player game (Squadron 42) and alpha/beta access with some other things.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-04-16 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

"Star Citizen Digital Download"

Aha, derp my reading comprehension right now is horrid!

Thanks and away I purchase the $45 Aurora ^^ If only I had more dollah $_$
    -K

Andddd no more alpha access, all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Alot of backers that i know had thier eyes opened by the shit presentation of the constantly crashing dogfighting module and they are starting to see what a scam this is. Just give it some time.
    You mean whiny bitches had their entitlement shattered because seriously early development doesn't equate to flawless experiences. Especially when full launch is 12-15+ months away. This was somehow a shock to them?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You mean whiny bitches had their entitlement shattered because seriously early development doesn't equate to flawless experiences. Especially when full launch is 12-15+ months away. This was somehow a shock to them?
    If you dont work or have any experience/knowledge about software development, yes. Why should a Causal Joe know whats the difference between pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta and Release. Nowdays, with trailers, gameplay vidoes popping up left and right, it is expected to only show things, that is amazing already.

Look at for example Heroes of the Storm, its a tech alpha, but probably already more polished than 90% of released steam games.
    By now, if someone goes public with a demo, your avarage causal buyer expects quality.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair i can't really blame people that do not know much about software development for that, it gets a bit blurry for your average joe what a beta and alpha actually is when publishers like EA releases polished glorified demo versions and calls them betas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    To be fair i can't really blame people that do not know much about software development for that, it gets a bit blurry for your average joe what a beta and alpha actually is when publishers like EA releases polished glorified demo versions and calls them betas.
    getting burned may not be a bad thing though. They'll learn eventually.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

From what I can find average development time on a AAA game is 2 years. it's been 1.5 years.........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    From what I can find average development time on a AAA game is 2 years. it's been 1.5 years.........
    Yes, average.

Development cycles can be both longer and shorter than 2 years, when a studio have the funding and no investors involved its quite likely it will take longer if they feel it needs more time.

Star Citizen is hardly an average AAA game.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

AAA game. Now adjust that time for an AAA MMO, then it is closer to 4 - 5 years.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-04-17 at 07:23 PM.

Starcraft 2 took 7.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Starcraft 2 took 7.

Blizzard is notorious for taking a very long time with their games.