Also remember this; CIG has to nail down the essential components of the engine first before they can start tossing in the fun stuff like capital ships or 100 player space battles. Just because you didn't get a new map, game mode, playable ship, or other cool stuff in the last patch doesn't, in fact, mean that they aren't working. Because they are. There's a lot of back end programming that has to be done for the game to work. Otherwise, asking for them to rush it will inevitably mean your going to have a bad product.
    Im fine with that, im even fine with them taking so long. Im not fine with them showing flashy new trailers for shit like planet combat when they havnt even finished space combat yet. They are stretching themselves to thin, and starting 50 projects before one is finished. Id say prob half of thier time goes into making shit works for all the people playing the demo and alpha rather than working on finishing the game. And thats going to make this game drag longer and longer and longer. Im sure any game dev can tell you if they had to make every version they are working on playable for a mass of online backers that it would slow down production greatly. In the end they are trying to hard to hook or please you guys than they are deving. I think if they were to hunker down and focus on the game and less on you guys that the game would be finished alot faster. As it is i think the current 2 year mark is a pipedream

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im fine with that, im even fine with them taking so long. Im not fine with them showing flashy new trailers for shit like planet combat when they havnt even finished space combat yet. They are stretching themselves to thin, and starting 50 projects before one is finished. Id say prob half of thier time goes into making shit works for all the people playing the demo and alpha rather than working on finishing the game. And thats going to make this game drag longer and longer and longer. Im sure any game dev can tell you if they had to make every version they are working on playable for a mass of online backers that it would slow down production greatly. In the end they are trying to hard to hook or please you guys than they are deving. I think if they were to hunker down and focus on the game and less on you guys that the game would be finished alot faster. As it is i think the current 2 year mark is a pipedream
    Given their current technology and resources, they could very possibly make the current 2 year mark with all content at launch.

They are not wasting half their resources on trailers and hype, I guarantee you that. Each team pulls aside 2, maybe 3 people when they have time and aren't doing anything to spend 10 hours or so making a quick, 5 minute video of the work that team did over the course of a few months (Ie, Inside CIG videos). The trailers for the ships are made by a very small team working on their own spare time as well to pull together a nice promo to give the ships the glory they deserve. Everyone else is still working. Not sure why you think they just spend half of their time working on trailers and shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it its not flying like it was in space i can tell you that. Still just cus they are human doesnt mean they have to all look like planes. We arnt dealing with turbines an alluminum here, they hae shields and trusters, so i fail to see why they have to be fully aerodynamic to make it from atmosphere to planet if every single subcapital ship is going to land on a planet. It would be like us making all our cars look like viking ships.
    The shape of the craft is entirely irrelevant if it doesn't have to be atmospheric, the only thing that would matter would be the location and direction of the engines. Something covered in wings is no more or less valid than a massive floating cube, or whatever design you believe is more appropriate.

Ah yes every person who doesnt beleave the game will come out must be a child with no money. Sound logic there.
    About as sound as thinking that the development team for a game are just general 'tech labourers', so if anyone spends any time making a trailer then no one is working on the game.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I think if they were to hunker down and focus on the game and less on you guys that the game would be finished alot faster. As it is i think the current 2 year mark is a pipedream
    There are different teams to work on things. And not everyone has expertise at the same things. Hell, for the Planet module isn't it being done by Crytek anyways? While RSI works on the space sim stuff?

And they focus more on "us" than the standard game, because "we" are the ones directly funding the game. If this were a standard corporate-funded game, instead of us, they would be having meetings with upper management.

I think many of us have MORE faith in them being proper stewards of the funds given by keeping everyone updated than taking the cash and disappearing into a black hole for 2 years saying "Trust us guys, it's coming along!" in a vaporware state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Betas and demos and fancy trailers do not make a game.
    I'd just like to point out that those "fancy trailers" are not only bits of lore but also ads for the in-fiction companies to sell the vessels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes every person who doesnt beleave the game will come out must be a child with no money. Sound logic there.
    Yes, and totally blind.

Here's RSI letting a member of the German gaming press preview the racing module at Gamescom (warning big picture http://i.imgur.com/41YrxK8.jpg). A big RSI contingent is there for the show.

Pretty interesting that the M50 is already flyable and the first racing module is in atmosphere.

Funny that the flightstick for a flight game is pushed aside and they use kb+m instead

those new Constellations are hot shit, I am totally upgrading mine to the Phoenix haha.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    That is one cool trailer.

They previewed mult-crew combat during their live stream, and it looked really exciting. I really wasn't expecting the amount of progress they've made over the last few months. I will suck at it, but the racing looked cool too.

A few more trailers. All of these trailers are using in-engine graphics. Drool...

Murray Cup Trailer...

New hangar trailer...

And a FPS teaser...

Last edited by carnifex2005; 2014-08-15 at 09:29 PM.

It's payday and RSI releases new shit to buy that is totally awesome...

Where'd my money go?!

I am so weak!

Sounds like 0.9 is going to be huge. I am looking forward to the audio revamp too.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-15 at 09:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Semi new but what's the cheapest purchase you can get to...sort of get a grip on playing the game?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Semi new but what's the cheapest purchase you can get to...sort of get a grip on playing the game?
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...rora/Aurora-MR

and then the $5 Arena Commander pass

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...rena-Commander

to get you in right away. So $45, includes the full game at release, AC alpha and future beta access. It possibly won't include other alpha modules, like Planet Side/FPS stuff, not sure. Most of the alpha access was an early backer reward. This is basically what you'd get buying the retail box when it is eventually released.

You could probably expect to get wrecked in an Aurora though. Some pilots do well, but they're mostly outclassed by the 350 and Hornet. As one would expect with a starter ship.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-08-15 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Here's the crew demo video as well, that looked fucking awesome.

Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2014-08-16 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It's payday and RSI releases new shit to buy that is totally awesome...

Where'd my money go?!

I am so weak!

Sounds like 0.9 is going to be huge. I am looking forward to the audio revamp too.
    Also exchanged my cutlass for a phoenix, did not really need the cargo capacity of the other variants due to the banu MM but have spent way too much at this game by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Here's the crew demo video as well, that looked fucking awesome.

That looks horrible. THe game was laggy even before combat, the one guy spent like 2 minutes trying to get to the second turret and you honestly cant see much of whats going on. Really not impressed by that battle.

Deleted
    That looks horrible. THe game was laggy even before combat, the one guy spent like 2 minutes trying to get to the second turret and you honestly cant see much of whats going on. Really not impressed by that battle.
    It was laggy because they were having desync and connection issues, I didn't watch the stream but apparently the first time they tried it, the guy at the start got sucked out of the ship before he could activate his mag boots due to the lag, which is to be expected, since it's still like 2 years from being finished. The turrets looked odd because they haven't implemented a UI for those yet, since again, it's still in alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your posts get worse everytime in this thread, if you hate hte game so much just get out.