I'm guessing the 890 Jump. That seems to be the one that had the most leaks lately.

Deleted
    Reclaimer is available until Monday (October 6th) so it's 1½ week sale, not sure if they're going to add new stuff asap after it ends but I hope they do. I want that Herald!
    I'm gonna guess 890 JUMP will be next, there's lots of concept art for it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Something cheaper than the Reclaimer was lol
    I would guess all but the herald in that bunch will be at a similar point as to a constellation, hoping for the RSI Orion, since its meant to be a dedicated mining ship.

A screenshot of the revamped Idris frigate for Squadron 42. Wow. What an upgrade.

http://i.imgur.com/4toxZB1.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we sure that is an Idris? Says banshee on the hull, could have been renamed though being the same ship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Are we sure that is an Idris? Says banshee on the hull, could have been renamed though being the same ship.
    Does look a lot like the Idris, and that Banshee is probably the individual ships own name.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Yeah, it was a in game shot from Squadron 42. That is the name of the ship. The Idris is going to be the first ship you start your campaign on.

Christ I cant wait for SQ42 at least.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Gah, that's a bit too much lol.

I'm seriously beginning to have a bad feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    que?

/10ques

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    High price tag and limited quantity, can certainly see what kind of trick they are going for there...

I hope they sell every last one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    For a guy who's avatar Jebediah Kerman loves to test out (and then horribly die) pretty looking and highly unsafe spacecraft, you don't seem to appreciate the benefits of being able to pay a bunch of spare cash for a spaceship that you can ram into other people's spaceship's without fear of losing the hull... whilist supporting the game with your extra money. Because; who doesn't want to spend $600 on a virtual luxury spaceship in a game that has yet to be made, hm? Then again; you could just buy it for $30 and then earn it ingame for free (2000% cheaper!).

So for the ships you buy right now -- are they going to come with some sort of minimal "white items" slotted in for them, and it's up to you to deck them out in "epics" -- or is it completely just the base hull and you'll have to fit everything?

I'm having trouble convincing my friend this isn't "pay to win" despite me trying to tell them you can't buy them at release, and you only get the base hull.

Point being: 50+ million wouldn't have been tossed at SC unless people actually thought CR would produce what they wanted. Pretty sure Scotr Manley, Sage, and dozens of other major players in all this wouldn't have bet their reputations on it unless they thought it could suceed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    So for the ships you buy right now -- are they going to come with some sort of minimal "white items" slotted in for them, and it's up to you to deck them out in "epics" -- or is it completely just the base hull and you'll have to fit everything?

I'm having trouble convincing my friend this isn't "pay to win" despite me trying to tell them you can't buy them at release, and you only get the base hull.
    1. Each ship in the game - both bought with RL and ingame cash - comes fitted with a default set of gear. You buy a 315p for 100 RL bucks; you get two cannons and a tractor beam. Pay with ingame cash and you get the same. At least, that's my current understanding of it.

2. Explain your friend's definition of "paying to win". Everyone's different.

That you're buying these ships with real money before the game comes out. I just don't think the base hull will matter all that much, nor that these hulls will be all that difficult to earn.

I guess it depends on just how large a ship these are on the grand scale of ships in the game. By EVE Online terms are we buying at most, Cruisers? Battlecruisers?

10+ Year Old Account
    In EVE terms id estimate these bigger sized ships are around the frigate to cruiser size if the planned bengal carrier is a titan, ships in EVE are much larger in general than they will be in star citizen though.

As for why people feel tempted to actually go for these bigger ships, id say LTI plays a big part in it. We do not know how it will work out yet but one could assume keeping it running for a ship being 200 meters are going to be more of a hurdle for someone alone than a small aurora.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-06 at 11:53 PM.

The first thing that needs to be adjusted is the concept of "buying a ship." Which is the hardest thing to disassociate. You're not buying a ship. You're pledging to support continued development of the finished game. The ship is the reward for doing so.

That being said, you are getting stuff for launch. But as you suggest there, it is the bargain basement entry level, vanilla version. There's some variations that have subtle differences, but it's mostly swapping out Module A for Module B and both modules are again, dollar store equivalents to what will be available for farming/crafting/purchase in game.

Not to mention the more prestigious or expensive ships are not a solo'able affair. Many of them take multiple crew (actual players or NPC's that you pay with ingame credits). So while it might seem hugely intimidating to see someone buying themselves an Idris back when they were up for $1500, it doesn't always come to that person's immediate attention that it is going to require 30+ players to operate it.

I guess an analogy would be buying a WoW character. You could spend $1500 on a WoW character who is already level 60 or whatever and point for point its going to be way better than your level 1 dude in Goldshire. But that level 60 needs someone to control the legs, another to control the arms, another to control the first 2 spells, another for the next 2 and so on and it also has no gear to speak of. You'll both eventually get to level 90, they just got a bit of a head start to it, but at a significant cost and early complication.

That you're buying these ships with real money before the game comes out. I just don't think the base hull will matter all that much, nor that these hulls will be all that difficult to earn.

I guess it depends on just how large a ship these are on the grand scale of ships in the game. By EVE Online terms are we buying at most, Cruisers? Battlecruisers?
    In EVE terms, you're basically buying a tier 1 battlecruiser at best, in most cases destroyers and frigates, with a character with next to no skills and no valuable gear or meta.

imo, for most people buying the ultra huge expensive ships just to get a head start are going to find that without the support of a large organization and crew, they're not going to be able to ever use them.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2014-10-06 at 11:53 PM.