10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    TTH has had a fucking bug up their ass for SC since forever.

Think it's time for another round of "engage TTH writers in pointless one sided debate!"
    Or just tell them to suck a lemon and f off
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Or just tell them to suck a lemon and f off
    Where's the fun in that?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The writer sounds like a tool. If he wants to talk about broken games, shouldn't he be crying about Dead Rising 3 being plagued with bugs out the wazoo at release or Skyrim which still has game breaking bugs years after release? How is an alpha game broken in any definition other then it is incomplete.

TTH is just butthurt beyond belief because CIG decided not to pay them (or not pay what they were asking for) for advertising the game. Or so goes the rumour anyway.

6 articles on the game and at least 4 or 5 of them are scathing clickbait.

Tradewind: Ahh see, I remember you posting that stuff before, but I didn't remember anything being said about if the instances were transparent/interacted with each other.

This gives me hope that we could still see some pretty massive battles happening. Maybe not 3000 ships big like EVE, but then again those crawl along at 10% speed, so it's not so much a battle as watching paint dry.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Tradewind: Ahh see, I remember you posting that stuff before, but I didn't remember anything being said about if the instances were transparent/interacted with each other.

This gives me hope that we could still see some pretty massive battles happening. Maybe not 3000 ships big like EVE, but then again those crawl along at 10% speed, so it's not so much a battle as watching paint dry.
    Certainly you will be able to "see" massive, three thousand player battles; but in your instance you will only he interacting with a couple dozen people or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Certainly you will be able to "see" massive, three thousand player battles; but in your instance you will only he interacting with a couple dozen people or so.
    But that's all relative if the instances are transparent. A squadron of interceptors could travel across multiple instances in the course of a battle, for example. As long as you can "interact" with everything thats in weapons range or nearby, and see capital ships farther afield, what does it matter?

But that's all relative if the instances are transparent. A squadron of interceptors could travel across multiple instances in the course of a battle, for example. As long as you can "interact" with everything thats in weapons range or nearby, and see capital ships farther afield, what does it matter?
    As I understand it: You can see say a Bengal (albeit a low poly version to save on performance) outside your instance, but can't do anything to it (ie, target it or shoot at it). So in a large fleet encounter, you'd still feel apart of a major battle. But I'm just talking about viusal, not mechanics. There was a video posted a little bit back explaining how mechanically instances work with each other.

Deleted
    Instancing is just a small part of what is needed for massive scale battles. We know very little about how will players be able to organize themselves, what influence will players have in shaping the universe, what kinds of objectives and goals will be present in the game that will motivate people to actually form big fleets and engage in large scale conflicts etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I understand it: You can see say a Bengal (albeit a low poly version to save on performance) outside your instance, but can't do anything to it (ie, target it or shoot at it). So in a large fleet encounter, you'd still feel apart of a major battle. But I'm just talking about viusal, not mechanics. There was a video posted a little bit back explaining how mechanically instances work with each other.
    I was under the impression you can interact with local instances (meaning the one's directly connected to yours). I'm sure I remember them saying you could fire a missle and watch it track and hit a ship in a local instance, they explained how the coordinates and physics-interactions of each ship in an instance is calculated and relayed to the relevant local instance.

It's been a while since I looked in to it though so could easily be wrong .
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2014-12-24 at 01:49 PM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    TTH is just butthurt beyond belief because CIG decided not to pay them (or not pay what they were asking for) for advertising the game. Or so goes the rumour anyway.

6 articles on the game and at least 4 or 5 of them are scathing clickbait.
    Do you honestly think with all the cashola that CIG is racking in from their backers, that they really need any more advertising? The game has received nothing but positive PR from the majority of Internet based sources and most of them probably don't even need to give them more PR because CIG has done so much of it themselves already. I do wonder if and when the game will reach 1 million in total registered backers who all have packages.

I think it won't happen until the PU hits. It's reasonable for people to be interested, but not willing to put money down until they see a more coherent version of the big picture in play. There is just so much unaccounted for yet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I reckon a large number of the registered accounts are all backers, probably in the 500k range, which would be pretty impressive if true. Even 400k would be a strong contingent of people who backed in alpha. There are almost 700,000 registered accounts and 571,000 ships, and I am sure many backers own more then one ship (I own two myself and know several others who do as well) so even at a 2:1 ratio that would be about 235k people who actually spent money.

I think it won't happen until the PU hits. It's reasonable for people to be interested, but not willing to put money down until they see a more coherent version of the big picture in play. There is just so much unaccounted for yet.
    I think that it will hit 1 million after the first episode of Squadron 42 comes out. If that is good then I could easily see many more people jump on the bandwagon because there is a tangible game available.

There was some discussion, I think it was a dev chat or a 10FTC video or something, that there's going to be interaction across instances managed by the galaxy server or something. So targeting and the 3d radar would work, and if in range so would weapons. I doubt that larger capital ship weapons will have a 1500m range limitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Do you honestly think with all the cashola that CIG is racking in from their backers, that they really need any more advertising? The game has received nothing but positive PR from the majority of Internet based sources and most of them probably don't even need to give them more PR because CIG has done so much of it themselves already. I do wonder if and when the game will reach 1 million in total registered backers who all have packages.
    I didn't say anything in that regard

Just trying to find out why TTH has a serious bug up their ass. Rumour is that it had to do with some advertising deal between them that went wrong. CIG advertising on TTH, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooo this video is pretty epic!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love TTH. That was my first WoW site. Forum traffic died though so I migrated to busier boards, like this one.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

So today I bought a Behring minigun and two Behring missile racks for my 315p, slapped those puppies on and... can't get into a match because the menus are bugged! Spent 10 minutes trying to load into the game and another 10 just fiddling around with the AC menu hopping to find a quick join screen, then ended up waiting 5 minutes to load into free-flight match. Tried going back to hangar, then... game closed.

Anyways, had a nice time repeatedly crashing into the landing pad trying to land my ship. Note: If you either land and get out of your ship, or eject, you have a jetpack that let's you fly around (at ridiculously slow speeds) and a phaser you can pull out by scrolling up on the mouse to shoot spaceships with (Four-five shots from this destroyed my 315p with shields up in a couple seconds).

Also, don't 'Right Alt + Backspace'!

Here's a great recap being made by someone on Reddit of the Holiday Livestream if you don't want to watch it. Lots of info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/...ay_livestream/

Well Elite: Dangerous turned out to be a pos. Your turn to amaze me, SC.