I figured it would be good to have a general thread for Nintendo's upcoming console.
Here's what we know:
- Nintendo's console and portable gaming divisions have been integrated as early as late 2013 (announced during the March 2014 investor call)
- Nintendo has made a partnership with Japanese mobile developer DeNA to help create an integrated system across moble, PC, and Nintendo's own platforms.
- Satoru Iwata has talked about both the iOS and Android operating systems as what Nintendo is looking to help ease gaming shortages as what happened with both the Wii U and 3DS.
- Iwata has said there may be more and there may be less "form factors" (aka systems) depending on what Nintendo thinks consumers want.
- Nintendo is making mobile games with its IPs, but only for marketing; core games will still be on the "NX" itself.
And here is something new:
A former Software engineer for Microsoft who helped work on the Windows phone has been working at Nintendo as a Principle Software Engineer since 2014, more than likely on the NX.