Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Wayfinder - New MMO RPG Looter (instanced and outworld content)

From the creators of Battle Chasers, Ruined King and Darksiders Genesis comes a Looter RPG MMO.
    13th of December starts the closed Beta
    https://www.playwayfinder.com/

The game loop is supposed to work like this:

CLASS AND WEAPON SYSTEMS VIDEO

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2022-12-12 at 09:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might actually check this one out.
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be warframe. It could be a gacha game. Or anything in between

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    Took a real quick glance and the aesthetic is nice but what the heck is a looter mmo? Does that mean like Diablo style randomized loot drops? Cause big pass if so
    From the videos i watched:

There is no actual loot drops, everything is craftable with mats.
    The creators of Warframe are helping and working in cooperation with the Battle Chasers developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if nothing else, the character designs will be cool. If not made by Joe Mad himself, it is certainly in his style. He was always one of my favorites.

Goodness gracious, this is one of the most aesthetically bland MMOs I've seen yet. Some producer during preproduction somehow, inexplicably, thought that style guide looked "good" and gave the greenlit to spend millions developing those assets. And the UI is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Goodness gracious, this is one of the most aesthetically bland MMOs I've seen yet. Some producer during preproduction somehow, inexplicably, thought that style guide looked "good" and gave the greenlit to spend millions developing those assets. And the UI is awful!

I mean we have established that for you JRPG is the only gaming genre that matters and anything except Legend of Heroes according to you is crap or bad, but feel it's slightly unfair the comment above.

Gives a ton of Wildstar vibes with a combination of Azerite UI of WoW.

Will at least try it out myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt realize they made Battlechasers. Underrated game, plays well on mobile if you has a gamepad. Hopefully DE helped them refine a good live service system. Was initially put off with it using a hero system which meant gacha for the last few years. Gacha is fine if you like it, just not for me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

From discord news:

https://www.playwayfinder.com/en/new...e-of-wayfinder

Our brand new blog post discusses some stuff our community has been frothing to hear more about! Early Access is indeed coming in May, and with that we’ll also have multiple tier founder’s packs for purchase on the PlayStation Store and Steam! Stay tuned for more details on that in the coming weeks..

Why the hell are bots targeting my Threads :S i feel bad

Saw at least one of the ex-WildStar devs talking this up as a "spiritual successor" of sorts. Now I'm starting to look into it and it seems pretty cool.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Saw at least one of the ex-WildStar devs talking this up as a "spiritual successor" of sorts. Now I'm starting to look into it and it seems pretty cool.

I'm not seeing it. Wasn't wildstars thing attunements meaning a spiritual successor would also be hard on attunements?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm not seeing it. Wasn't wildstars thing attunements meaning a spiritual successor would also be hard on attunements?
    He was getting more at the general tone/design of the game rather than "RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS"

Even the font screams wildstar
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    He was getting more at the general tone/design of the game rather than "RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS RAIDS"
    I'm not sure I would called a game the spiritual successor based on art style alone.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I'm not sure I would called a game the spiritual successor based on art style alone.
    Animations and combat look very similar too
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/sta...60671852490756

Take it up with them, I'm just sharing their comments. Though apparently I misremembered and he called it the "second coming" which is actually even more direct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Animations and combat look very similar too
    Animation = art

So to me a spiritual successor is gonna be similar to the original in more than art.
    gear system is differnt WS had normal mmo gearing and this has more arpg gearing
    class system is different WS had hard classes with specific gearing, this has lose classes that can use multiple different weapons/gear

This would be like me saying Ni no Kuni is the spiritual successor of windwaker.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Pappylicious/sta...60671852490756

Take it up with them, I'm just sharing their comments. Though apparently I misremembered and he called it the "second coming" which is actually even more direct.
    I don't use twitter, my bad for discussing things on a forum...???

7+ Year Old Account
    God you just can’t help yourself can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Calysto Protocol is the spiritual successor to Dead Space.

We see how that turned out.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything