Thread: Battletech

Battletech

Anyone else stoked about this?

http://battletechgame.com/

This game is more in line with the old Mech Commander games than it is with the Mechwarrior games, although it's turn-based rather than real-time. I've been drooling over this for a long time now, and have sunk $50 into the backing.

Here's a really good vid to watch of the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

I like the speed mechanic or whatever they call it to help keep lighter mechs more viable against LOLAlpha from the big boys.

looks very promising, especially for a pre alpha version.

if they include the points said at the end of the video (targetable bodyparts and lvling crew with perma death) i will be on board with this game.

if i have a new pc until then ...
    and if the mech hangar is better than in mechwarrior online. that one is just a sad clusterfuck ...

Elemental Lord
    I got a chance to play the pre-alpha demo that they had at MechCon in Vancouver back in December. Already looked pretty polished, for a single map anyway. HBS has the advantage of all their Mech models coming from MechWarrior Online so there is no work involved in that design, which I play pretty well daily and have for 4 years now by the way. The backer beta is expected to launch in the next couple of months, so I am looking forward to playing the game.

Congrats to the 8 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

looks more like front mission. to which I can only say HELL YA

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    looks more like front mission. to which I can only say HELL YA
    Now that you mention it, it does kinda feel like that. Especially the way damage numbers are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

TURNED BASED MECH STRATEGY? I think I just came a little. They need to make a Code Geass game with this exact same premise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Calling it now. Malfurion and/or Varimathras will be the final boss in Legion. If I get this right I will brag about it till the end of time.
    "Watch me Swooce right in!"