Thread: Never OOM?

  1. #1
    The Patient Jarshwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    245

    Cool Never OOM?

    I am LOVING my Fire mage, only at 86 but its so much fun. WIth my rotation the targets usually dead before they reach me, but my question is this: Why do i never ever ever lose mana? it stays at 100% the whole time, dips to maybe 95% sometimes but otherwise, i never lose it. i havent used evocation ONCE this expansion. Is there something amiss here?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarshwar View Post
    I am LOVING my Fire mage, only at 86 but its so much fun. WIth my rotation the targets usually dead before they reach me, but my question is this: Why do i never ever ever lose mana? it stays at 100% the whole time, dips to maybe 95% sometimes but otherwise, i never lose it. i havent used evocation ONCE this expansion. Is there something amiss here?
    Yeh I managed to get from 85 to 90 without using a single evocation or managem, that said if I'm not terribly mistaken they upped mage mana regen @<level 90 and at level 90 you can go oom if you dont use your 90 talents..

  3. #3
    dps classes are not supposed to play the mana game, except arcane.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Yeh I managed to get from 85 to 90 without using a single evocation or managem, that said if I'm not terribly mistaken they upped mage mana regen @<level 90 and at level 90 you can go oom if you dont use your 90 talents..
    Yes, at 85 you have 400% regen I think, and that number drops down with each level until it's back to what it should be at 90. At 90 you can definitely OOM in Fire if you're not using your 90 talents.

  5. #5
    I love my rune of power never go oom

  6. #6
    Loving fire eyyyy....well sorry to bust your party buddy, but when you start using 90 talents you can then kiss the fun goodbye.

  7. #7
    What is fire like leveling ? can you get mobs down fairly quickly ? iv just been using frost and the burst you can set up is ridiculous, but i could do with a change !

  8. #8
    The Patient Berkhtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt / Germany
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Crableg View Post
    What is fire like leveling ? can you get mobs down fairly quickly ? iv just been using frost and the burst you can set up is ridiculous, but i could do with a change !
    Stay frost unless you want to play punching-ball.

    More control, more burst, more cooldowns and less dots

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciros View Post
    Loving fire eyyyy....well sorry to bust your party buddy, but when you start using 90 talents you can then kiss the fun goodbye.
    I'm not really sure what you're talking about, I've been fire all the way and have been 90 since shortly after release, raiding already, etc. Have not had mana issues on a single fight (including when my gear was horrible), in fact I believe I haven't gone below 75% - although I can't be absolutely positive about that...you see, I've stopped looking at my mana bar since it's never even close to an issue.

    Unless you're just saying you don't like fire, which would have nothing to do with the level 90 talents and everything to do with your own personal preference for the playstyle.

    OP - yup, never OOM, even at 90, pulling tons of mobs, whatever. You can pull as much as you want and the issue you'll have is being squishy as hell, not mana. That being said, I use my level 90 talent ALL the time. I've found while doing dailies RoP is invaluable since it heals you from the steady damage you're taking, and helps you take on the elites by blinking back and forth between spots, for example. Much easier to use, and more consistent with protecting/healing you, than the other two talents.

    And as much as I love fire (and despise frost), I'd agree with Berkhtar that it can take a little longer and you do get beat up on.
    Last edited by Wtflock; 2012-10-11 at 01:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •