Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,259
    I suppose we'll see an increased reputation gain through dailies in a couple weeks. 136 rep per daily does not feel like a lot. I would rather see 400-500 rep pop up every 3 daily, rather than seeing the "low" amount of 136 for each of them.

  2. #62
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Again you weren't forced to take the 5% dps talents either but...... EVERYONE FELT LIKE THEY WERE BECAUSE THEY WERE. Tell me why is it forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talents but it's not forced to get that gear? Christ even non raiders like to gear their tunes up in a reasonable amount of time. At some point I as a non raider will simply run out of avenues and I WILL HAVE TO DO THE DAILIES.
    I took my (and I imagine many other people did as well) talents from elitistjerks and similar sites because I didn't want some innate factor gimping my DPS, and googling "Frost DK DPS patch x.x." takes a lot less time than grinding out exalted rep for a faction for a stupid ring, and would likely have a much greater impact. Furthermore, talent trees, unlike gear, were never "hoops" to jump through, and, because you stopped getting new talents at max level anyway, were never part of personal progression. The only thing driving me to pursue these dailies are the mounts offered at exalted and the sense of completion from reaching exalted with each faction. Any gear I acquire in the meantime is an additional bonus.

    And as I said, if you aren't a raider, and even then, not under the thumb of some bleeding-edge progression guild leader, you're under no "vehement pressure" to grind out 40 dailies each and every day for a sub-optimal pair of pants.

    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex
    That's one of the most bizarre decisions you could make... After Revered, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus award really pointless items.
    If anything, after you're revered with those 2 factions, you can now ignore them and only do shadow-pan and august celestials, at least you'll get some loot.
    In addition to achievements, I know at least the klaxxi offer some nice lore revelations, and the scorpion mount is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-11 at 09:16 AM.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  3. #63
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    But on the other hand, if I could rush through it all and get everyone exalted in a week, I'd be back here complaining about nothing to do besides raid.
    It feels like 'fake' content as some people call it, but to me it's better than nothing at all I guess.
    This is basically it, and besides you don't need thet rep as much as you did in Wrath or Cata. Just look at Klaxxi, byt the time you hit exalted you can get better gear anyway from raids or pick it up on AH or something. So dailies ar eno longer a requirement for enchants or something like they used to.

    Also the number of options you have for questing is kinda limited, so yes 90% of quests consist of kill X of Y or gather X items of Y. The other 10% are the 'quirky' and fun quests. I think they have struck a good balance to be honest. If they would add a lot more of the quirky quests then those would get boring too. Now you get an occasional refresh. Also the variety in difficulty has been done quite well. I still don't like doing dailies, but personally I think Blizzard have made a good implementation. Found doing Hyjal dailies a lot more boring tbh....

  4. #64
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I took my (and I imagine many other people did as well) talents from elitistjerks and similar sites because I didn't want some innate factor gimping my DPS, and googling "Frost DK DPS patch x.x." takes a lot less time than grinding out exalted rep for a faction for a stupid ring, and would likely have a much greater impact. Furthermore, talent trees, unlike gear, were never "hoops" to jump through, and, because you stopped getting new talents at max level anyway, were never part of personal progression. The only thing driving me to pursue these dailies are the mounts offered at exalted and the sense of completion from reaching exalted with each faction. Any gear I acquire in the meantime is an additional bonus.

    And as I said, if you aren't a raider, and even then, not under the thumb of some bleeding-edge progression guild leader, you're under no "vehement pressure" to grind out 40 dailies each and every day for a sub-optimal pair of pants.
    .
    It's not about pressure. Your not getting it. Even non raiders like to gear up and progress their toons. At some point I will have no choice but to spend valor on rep gear so I had better be farming my dailies because I'm almost at that point. Saying you don't have to do dailies is basically saying you can play at a worse pace then everyone else and the extension is that I may as well not long on.

    Talent trees felt FORCED because they were even though in reality you could avoid that 5% dps talent even if EJ gave it to you and your guild would probably still clear the boss. It has nothing to do with hoops and everything to do with perception. The 5% dps talent didn't feel optional even though it was entirely. Just like farming two iccs in wotlk was also optional. Just as logging into the game is entirely optional. However since the alternatives to those decisions SUCK you are forced to take them.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #65
    On the beta, the requirement to get revered with GL first didn't exist so I was able to see the Shado-Pan and AC dailies. I didn't find them any worse than any of the others.

    I'm doing the dailies more to get the mounts than the gear. I'll take whatever gear I can use but, gear gets replaced quickly, mounts are forever. I only hit revered with the Cloud Serpent Riders two days ago and I have only found one egg so far. I've pretty much given up on looking for eggs and the daily that requires Archaeology I have so far refused to do. I saw it on the beta and it stinks.

  6. #66
    Banned True Anarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Shadowlag Valley
    Posts
    7,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Actually it's anybody who want's to progress their character. I mean at some point I'll run out of items to get in the dungeons and then i'll be stuck at running lfr once a week soooo what then? OF COURSE People are going feel forced to do dailies. It provides to much reward. dailies have always been largely cosmetic stuff or lots of gold and that's why a fraction of people did them.

    How else do I want them to let me do stuff? well they could start by giving me the tabard back and letting me choose which ways I gained rep at the pace I wanted to.
    Someone who does their dailies 2-3 times a week will be able to get the stuff just as fast as someone doing them every single day, because of the valor cap.

    The only other thing are the profession recipes, but I hardly would call that a grind. This is designed for people who want to grind heavily and want that heavy grind to be meaningful, really competitive people.

    I don't see how anyone that wants to be really competitive at the same time can complain about it taking too much work. That just reeks of "I want everything handed on a silver platter!"-behaviour to me. NOBODY in the circle of top raiding guilds I know even remotely complains about it taking so much time, because it was much harder to get recipes like these in vanilla, TBC and even WotLK. Now it's just doing a few dailies every day... back then it was: "grind 5000 mobs and hope you're lucky for it to drop." This is way more casual friendly.

    Maybe they should've done it that way instead, put the recipes as 0.02% drops from daily questmobs instead. That way you wouldn't feel like the carrot on a stick is deceiving you into being forced to do things.

  7. #67
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Someone who does their dailies 2-3 times a week will be able to get the stuff just as fast as someone doing them every single day, because of the valor cap.

    The only other thing are the profession recipes, but I hardly would call that a grind. This is designed for people who want to grind heavily and want that heavy grind to be meaningful, really competitive people.

    I don't see how anyone that wants to be really competitive at the same time can complain about it taking too much work. That just reeks of "I want everything handed on a silver platter!"-behaviour to me. NOBODY in the circle of top raiding guilds I know even remotely complains about it taking so much time, because it was much harder to get recipes like these in vanilla, TBC and even WotLK. Now it's just doing a few dailies every day... back then it was: "grind 5000 mobs and hope you're lucky for it to drop." This is way more casual friendly.

    Maybe they should've done it that way instead, put the recipes as 0.02% drops from daily questmobs instead. That way you wouldn't feel like the carrot on a stick is deceiving you into being forced to do things.
    Uhh no. That's not true. Especially if you didn't quest in klaxxi and especially since HEY LOOK AT THAT shado pan and celesitals are gated behind golden lotus. The game is a crappy grind and it isn't casual friendly in the least. Hell they even reverted the REALLY casual friedly change they made to dungeons in cata. Now it's back to you may receive this reward one more time today. I mean let's say I only have done day to play and it's alot of time on that day we'll im boned as far as rep is concerned because dailies by their definition are dailies and extremely limited and inflexible.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #68
    The harder the game is, the game is better. No doubt.
    I like that much daily quest farm.
    I am a menace to my own destiny.


    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    The harder the game is, the game is better. No doubt.
    I like that much daily quest farm.
    it's not fucking harder, it's just time sink. 100 rep is bullshit.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    it's not fucking harder, it's just time sink. 100 rep is bullshit.
    For someone with the mental capacity below that of sliced bread it might be harder.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    how to improve it
    They could start at each quest giving 250 rep like most quests. Firstly because in valley some mobs have about 600k health and those isnt really fast to kill if you happen to have for example just blue gear. Second option would be reduce the mob health and keep same rep.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Malenurse View Post
    it's not fucking harder, it's just time sink. 100 rep is bullshit.
    But it's 120 - or maybe 130. Clearly that means it's fine. Even though there's only 5 of those so getting revered Shado-Pan will take even longer than Golden Lotus.

  13. #73
    I am Murloc! Yunru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jagged Pass
    Posts
    5,564
    If they nerfed daily quests too need 5 kills instead of 10 it would be much better. And FFS make a quest item drop 100%. Nothing is more anoying too see.

    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31234 (serios--its a eye)

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    But it's 120 - or maybe 130
    Fuck that it's still about half of 250.

  15. #75
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    If they nerfed daily quests too need 5 kills instead of 10 it would be much better. And FFS make a quest item drop 100%. Nothing is more anoying too see.

    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=31234 (serios--its a eye)
    Zhevra hoofs from the barrens anyone? :P anyway... someone on page 3 mentioned about the August celestials that there only 4 dailies given each day, yet another person spoke about 2.5k rep each day... Can you visit each temple in pandaria for 4x4 dailies or something?

  16. #76
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,361
    erm op i done the hando-pan dailies yday on my hunter and i got 275 rep per quest and 550 for the last 1 so im not sure where this 137 is coming from.

  17. #77
    Freaking dailies. Awful design, just awful

    Which is a shame also since the rest of MoP is pretty nice so far.

  18. #78
    I don't see why they didn't keep the way TBC did it, and at the same kind of speed. That was perfect.

    Or they should have with held some factions for a bit. Personally I am now only doing Golden Lotus and Tiller dailies every day, while queuing for an instance that offers the biggest upgrade for me. I don't have the inclination to sink 2 hours a day doing rep grinds for 5 different factions :/
    WoW PvP; Where DPS are healers, tanks are DPS, and healers are tanks!

    RETH RETH RETH!

  19. #79
    Old God Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    10,044
    People complained there was nothing to do, that dailies didn't account for anything and felt worthless.

    Blizzard made changes.

    People complain there is to much to do, that dailies account for to much and are important.

    I am glad I don't work for Blizzard. I would've lost my mind years ago with this community.

  20. #80
    The only decent dailies I have ever seen in WoW are the Molten Front dailies. Every other daily just eats into the time when I could be doing things in WoW I enjoy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •