Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm not sure why people seem to think the rep gear is a prerequisite to raiding. It isn't. It's far too slow for that. It's an alternative source of items for people who don't want to raid.

Raiders can do them in case they get unlucky with drops, but I'd wager that most of the top 1000 guilds or so will be able to get heroic drops long before they can farm the rep and VP needed to get anything useful.

If you don't want to do them, then don't. The number of people I saw in Cata boasting that they "make 100k gold a day from 10 mins work on the AH", I'm sure they can just do that again and buy everything they need on the AH/BMAH.
    Actually Golden Lotus was a pre-requisite to top guilds and hardcore guilds, why? because 7 days after MoP you would hit Honored with Golden Lotus, Honored=Ilvl 476 profession items (crafted). I have them myself and it was the best way to get geared up a bit for the release of the First raid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    erm op i done the hando-pan dailies yday on my hunter and i got 275 rep per quest and 550 for the last 1 so im not sure where this 137 is coming from.
    You seem to be confusing Shado-Pan dailies with the Celestial August dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    that's easy to say but yet people do feel forced to do them not because of gear mainly either but of the rep itself and the recipies or mounts items they give.

I am in the exact same boat atm. and I absolutely hate the daily concept because its blizzards way limiting your character progression on a daily base.

my background: I started the game in vanilla and I never had any problems with the rep grinds there ( did wintersabre, fulborg moltencore reps and some other reps too) but I had the choice to set my own pace in it. Cant grind one day because of IRL obligations or because of a raid I had no problems with it because I could catch up with it in the weekend if I choose to do so. However with this new system its either do the quests that day or your rep just vaporizes without being able to get it back.
    Then tbc came and new reps and the daily concept was introduced I never had any troubles with them either, reps like skyguard, ogrila and netherwing where the perfect combination of grind and dailies why? because you had the choice (you could either do strictly dailies or grind some extra if you where able to do them for some reason) was it long and tedious yea sometimes but it dint bothered me at all it just made me set goals for myself and it dint wear me out.

then WOTLK hit and somehow blizzard thought it would be a good idea to make some reps solely gain able by dailies (oracles,tournaments etc) funny enough I did this once on one char and never looked back at them Ii hated then with passion. Then CATA came and blizzard started introducing more and more things that only are doable by doing dailies day in an out.

And now MoP they went completely overboard with it tbh all meaningful reps are either gated (celestials and shadopan) and only way to get them is running dailies day in an out and the thought I actually need to do this for 2 additional characters yea that's not gonna happen. They could have made it easily the same way they did the cloud serpents chain (healthy combination of dailies and a repeatable) but now they decided to go this way instead making it look like a job.

When I get home from work I already barely have a one hour time frame to make dinner, take care of my cats and take a shower then I need to log and get raid prepped (we raid 4 day currently of which 3 are during the week) I ended up in bed at 1/1.30 am
    last night because I felt the need to get at least the celestial and golden lotus quests done. I felt completely overwhelmed and frustrated because I literally saw my rep vaporizing in to thin air when I logged off. Yet in the weekend when I actually a sea of time to play I hit a progress block in an 2 hours or so and I simply cannot progress any further working on the reps its such a frustrating thing atm. And I am not even doing this because of the gear as many people have pointed out.

Again personally I think the serpents and tillers fine because they still give alternatives (eggs and insta popping harvests ) and have a form of grind for it.

Klaxxi repeatable if tuned properly should be no problem then either right now I hear its quite horrendous and seeing the items in my own pack after 2 weeks of dailies yea I think it could use a tune up.

personally if they would add a turn in/repeatable to for the remaining ones there would be way less rage from most of the people because it will give them the choice to set there own pace instead of the pace blizzard is forcing on them what is wrong with that?

If someone chooses to skip a certain rep for 2 weeks why not let him or her grind the 2 weeks rep back later if they have a day off or if they have a weekend to waste and feel like doing it.

Again its not because of the gear its about principle when it comes to decide to do the reps.
    tell me who puts more effort in the game

a gamer who logs 2 hours a day 7 days a week earning 10k rep for a faction
    a gamer who logs 3-6hours a day 7 days a week and grinds the same 10 k rep on mobs in a 2 day session of 7 hours per session
    or a gamer who who logs 3-4 hours a day 7 days a week but decides to grind that same 10k rep in the 3 days he or she doesn't raid

The end result is still the same they all earn 10k rep why limit the choose in how you can obtain that 10 k rep?

people really need to stop with this dailies take effort thing
    dailies dont take effort!
    Dailies are purely there for the people who can spare a static 2 hours a day to do this mandatory task without being hampered by IRL or Raid obligations
    I already do something similar 8-10 hours a day 5 days a week its called a job and dont need a second one on top of that on the stuff normally would enjoy doing thank you very much
    Wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The overall gearing scheme in mop has been fantastic. I have mostly 463 gear but I also have a 476 engi helm, 496 boots from galleon, a 483 malevolent neck, a ring from the BMAH and a valor belt from the klaxxi. There's more variety and choice to it than there has ever been in wow and it's a shame that some people won't look at alternative options because the best non-raiding gear in game requires a time commitment.
    Yet another poster who overlooked the point of the post....

Its not about geting gear for me, its about how bad the daily quests are, im fine with doing daily quests, im NOT fine with the daily quests takin so much more of my time only because 50 playersa re going them at the same time, and when you get acces to Shado-Pand and the Celestial August daily quests it is just more of the same thing, namely pick up quest objective items that has a rediculus respawn timer so you end up sitting there just waiting for the quest items to respawn, tahts my biggest issue with dailies.

I find that to be rediclus, and never before in any of the daily zones from previous content did i have to do this and actually extend the time it takes to finish the dailys just because the respawn timer of quest objectives is retarded, i wouldent have an issue at all with it, if they were respawning at a faster rate, perhaps spawn rate should be faster depending on how many players are in the area, that would solve the issue for me and my complaining about it would be over.

And also...it is quite boring that they seemlingly just did a copy/paste on every single daily quest, nothing new to do except for the Klaxxi daily where you do /kneel and /lay at the 2 points to make the mob that drops the quest item spawn, that one is quite fun, because its something new and doesnt require me to wait for any ammount of time to get it done, i can do it whenever i want to.

Someone said that "This is an MMO" when i said that i would be satisfied with being phased out of the world to be solo for quest objective quests, but hey, if you do the Tillers, why arent you complaining about having a farm to yourself? you still do the daily quest in your own phase...Single player RPG game! omg!

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I don't see why they didn't keep the way TBC did it, and at the same kind of speed. That was perfect.

Or they should have with held some factions for a bit. Personally I am now only doing Golden Lotus and Tiller dailies every day, while queuing for an instance that offers the biggest upgrade for me. I don't have the inclination to sink 2 hours a day doing rep grinds for 5 different factions :/
    TBC daily quests were nice, even did the cooking and fishing daily quests along with the Heroic dungeon daily, they were fun to do.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Ogri'la. That is all
    Not sure what you mean by just posting "Ogri'la" the Ogri'la dailys were not occupied with 50 players at the same time, and did not take a huge ammount of time to complete unless you sucked at playing your class. And the daily for the music thingy, cant remember it clearly right now, but that one was fun along with the bombing quest ^^

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Tears and more Tears. If you don;t want to do the Dailies, just don't. If the rewards aren't enough to entice you, do something else. I can beat the brains out of beasts until I can;t see straight, and that is a good thing. Adapt and Overcome. Crying in public is only gonna get you ridiculed.

It's a funny thing. Blizz tries to listen to their customers. "Give us more to do", we get more to do. Customers cry, "I can't do it all in a Week, I'm quitting". Ridiculous is exactly the word for it. Crying like spoiled children over the path to riches is a pure, unadulterated Entitlement Issue. Do the stuff, get the stuff. Enough said.
    Yet another poster who thinks i am not prepared to work for the rewards.....i already did every single daily available to me untill 2 days ago, how the heck do you think i hit revered with Golden Lotus? i am complaining about the availability of the daily quests, it takes an unnecessary amount of time to complete them simply because every second quest requires you to pick up a quest objective x amount of times to complete and you are competing with another 30-50 players for quest objectives, have fun. /fail

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Some of us didn't get the free dragon when eggs spawned all the time. No people who took their time leveling get screwed, while people that rushed got a free dragon.
    Actually it only took me 20 hours to reach lvl 90, i just didnt know about the dragon egg respawn bugg or whatever it was

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly View Post
    Go figure, in Cata people complained about not having enough factions and the game being too easy. Now you all complain about too much to do. TBH If you need the crutch of faction purples to progess in a raid, then you need to l2p. The first tier of raiding can be done in heroic blues.

This thread just shows people will complain about WoW no matter how it changes, or doesn't change
    Your reply only shows that you did not bother to read most of the posts, i already cleared Mogu'shan vaults on Normal, progressing on Heroic atm, i dont need the valor gear to raid, it is entirely possible to clear normal mode with Blues.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    By the time you're anywhere near exalted with August celestials you very easily could have reached exalted with order of the cloud serpent many times over. It took me about a week, maybe a week and a half, to reach exalted, and I turned in a grand total of... Maybe 10 eggs. While that certainly expedited the process, it was in no way essential. I really don't see the issue; it's no more an "unecessary hassle" than it is to make it so you must reach level 90 to start grinding reps.
    Eh cloud serpents is very easy to hit Exalted with, not once has i complained about that factions daily quests, and why? because i can do them w/out having to be blokced by quest objective items that im competing for with 50 other players also waiting for that same quest objective item to respawn.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-11 at 04:53 PM.

It's an easy 1000 gold a day. Doing all of the factions dailies in a day (including Anglers, Tillers, and Order) is only between 51 and 55 dailies, depending on which node procs for the August Celestials. (You can always do the Chi-Ji dailies, but if you get sent there, you only get 4, instead of 8 for getting another node).

'Sides, you can take all the gold you make doing the dailies, and use it to buy the 10k gold ground mounts you'll never actually use! I know I will!

Quote Originally Posted by chaos61988 View Post

So considering the best way to complete dailies faster is by having less people around... your saying that just because some people have the good fortune to be on at lucky time of day or on a low pop server they should be rewarded more than say... people that work and can only be online during peak hours? this is the best logic ive ever seen...yes lets punish people for having real lives even more. AWESOME! /sarcasm...
    punish people?
    how come?
    with all due respect, your logic is deranged, mate.
    I say make the dailies more interesting and reward for doing it better.
    if you cant do that you just get normal rewards.
    where is the punishment in that?

Deleted
    Iv stopped with my Golden Lotus quests now iv hit revered, I have no desire for the exalted mount and the amount of daily quests from that place is exhausting, that's taken a load of the daily grind. Im happy with the Shado-pan and Celestial dailies though they seem pretty fast but I couldn't care if Shado-pan was the biggest bore ever the tiger mounts and onyx serpent flyer are enough to keep me going!

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I agree with any negative post about Quests and/or Dungeon/Raid bosses.
    Horrible bad mechanics and/or objectives. Why Blizz, Why not just give us exalted with everyone, or remove reputations all in all, and Valor/JP systems.
    Just send me the BiS gear with full enchants and gems so I can just log off and be happy with completing the game without any effort what so ever.
    Thank you.
    That is not what was said or meant! Do you have an issue with reading and understanding what you read?
    or did you understand but just wanted to say something about people not willing to work for gear and stuff?
    if so, read my first sentence again.

it is not about effort and it is not about not willing to work for stuff at all.

Just wanted to post an Update on the Shado-Pan daily quests: Shado-Pan has 3 sets of daily quests, only 1 set is available per day, 1 of the 3 sets of dailys only rewards 137 rep per quest, while the other 2 sets of the quest rewards 275 rep per quest (im guessing its not supposed to be like that, but currently it is)- They also seem to have added a LOT more oil for the daily "The Enemy of My Enemy... Is Still My Enemy!" first time i did it, there were only about 4-5 spawn points for the oil and it was really painfull to do it, even when you were alone since the oil had a terrible respawn timer, now it seems they have fixed the spawn timer for it.

And as another poster pointed out, you get to do 2 sets of Celestial August dailys if you are sent to either the tiger temple or the jade temple, but only 1 set if you are sent to cradle of chi-ji, which to me, seems a bit strange.

Anyway, still think that they are boring and just more of the same thing except for the companion you get to choose for when you do the Shado-Pan dailies(woho....).

And as another poster pointed out, you get to do 2 sets of Celestial August dailys if you are sent to either the tiger temple or the jade temple, but only 1 set if you are sent to cradle of chi-ji, which to me, seems a bit strange.
    I think it's a bug, I hope they don't fix it before I hit Revered though. :3

Here you go, OP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/

I believe you meant to post this there. I also suggest making it more constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This guy gets it. If you try to do all the dailies every day you'll tear your eyes out. Since valor is capped, you have ~5 weeks to do each one. Don't stress.

I think the gating is also part of the way they are trying to relieve people from doing too many dailies. Only 4 are required for gear, and a lot of raiders will probably do Tillers to be able to farm Harmony. So you are about honored by leveling with Klaxxi=1 more week for revered, then 2 weeks for Golden Lotus revered. Now you dont have to do those any more unless you want vanity items and you can do AC and Shado-Pan. So really you only have to do 2 sets of daily quests each day if you are only doing it for gear. The only thing thats annoying is if you only want AC for the bag pattern which I do on an alt. Not looking forward to another 2 weeks of GL and then a month of AC on a character I use mostly for professions.

Also I'm pretty sure you get more than 900 rep for Shado Pan. I was 1k of honored before being able to do the quests and now I have 6k into honored after 5 days so that would be closer to 1400 rep. Its still not great but it seems like they want it to take about a week to get to the next tier. If you haven't done all the leveling quests that give Shado-Pan rep you should do them since if they add quests when you get to honored you are gimping yourself by starting out low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exalted feels like something that is worked hard for. Some people dislike dailies, I enjoy them. They bring somewhat limited, but still a feeling of vanilla days, where you had to do same thing over and over again to hit exalted reputation with whatever faction it was. There was no stupid tabard system (I hated that in WotLK and Cata).
    The downside of the current system is that you can't go all out and grind the faction you want. Progression is gated. This is the only thing that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I think it's a bug, I hope they don't fix it before I hit Revered though. :3

AC is strange. At White Tiger you get like 5 dailies, at Ox you get 3 and at Crane you get 4 and they give the same rep. I havent seen Jade Serpent yet. So far the best rep is White Tiger + Crane and the worst is getting Crane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    AC is strange. At White Tiger you get like 5 dailies, at Ox you get 3 and at Crane you get 4 and they give the same rep. I havent seen Jade Serpent yet. So far the best rep is White Tiger + Crane and the worst is getting Crane.
    There are 4 dailies at Jade Serpent. Niuzao is 4 also. Haven't got Tiger once and I'm 2 days away from revered already (unless I get screwed up by Crane).

A lot of people complaining about a lot of things here. Lets assess it. We're 1 month in. There are a lot of people expecting to be highly geared and exalted with everyone. Why? This is a game played over time. It always has been. If you want games you can finish in a day, go back to consoles.

People don't realise how easy things are these days. Riding at 20, flying at 60...and how cheap it is, my God! There were no addons, there was no vent. Try organising 40 people for a raid. None of this 25 man stuff. Anyhow, not to stray too far off topic.

The dailies are a great opportunity to progress at a steady rate as a realm rather than having 10-15% of the realm storming ahead and leaving others behind. A lot of people are complaining of the lack of rewards at exalted. At least 4 factions give epic armor and mounts as quests rewards at exalted. Then all of the factions have purchasable mounts. Epic armor items may become unlocked at honored, but given the cap on valor, you cant just get them all in one hit. In saying this, there are other opportunities out there for armor other than factions.

Gold is now easier to get than ever. While waiting for my raid team to be ready, I've made over 150000 gold, and that's nothing compared to what some people are doing. This has allowed me to get 4 iLvL 476 pieces, (2 crafted and 2 world drops). As well as this, there is the quest reward boots from completing the Sha of Anger world raid and I've been able to purchase the leg plates from the Klaxxi and obtain the ring from the exalted quest chain. Not to mention rings and trinkets from holiday events. I'm one of the top 5 geared tanks on my realm. LFR is also out now. As the weeks fly by most people have a couple of pieces from there as well. All of this should well and truly set you up, provided you have a raid team to go with you, to start progressing through the normal 10 man version of Mogu'shan Vaults.

I'm not telling you all of this because I'm some elitist prick that lives on the game, because I'm not. I'm telling you this because I'm just an average player. I put in 3-4 hours a day on average.

You and you only set your demands for the game. No one is going to hand you the keys to walk into a raid. You have to work for it. A lot of the people that have commented here need to reassess what they want from the game and how they go about getting it. Or alternatively, pick another game.

Happy Hunting,

Magneith - Saurfang - US

It's AUGUST CELESTIALS. August as in dignified and majestic, pronounced awe-GUST instead of AWE-gust. Not the month. I know it's not a common adjective anymore but sheesh.

In fact the month August was named after the first Roman Emperor, Caesar Augustus. His full name was Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus Augustus - he was born Gaius Octavius, but was adopted as an adult (common in Rome at the time) by Gaius Julius Caesar. Adopted Romans took the family name of the adopting family (Julius Caesar) and put their old surname on the end with an -anus suffix to denote their origins. He was given the title "Augustus" by the Senate after his victory over Marc Antony and Cleopatra. It meant the same thing it means now, grand or majestic. So it's not actually a coincidence.

P.S. I like the Shado-Pan and August Celestials dailies!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    But on the other hand, if I could rush through it all and get everyone exalted in a week, I'd be back here complaining about nothing to do besides raid.
    Having nothing to do is a lot better than having something soul destroying to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe go to....*gasp* a different server! It seems a lot of your whining is about the excess of players in those areas. Go to a less populated server.

MMMmmm...feels so good to be done...Johnblaze Cenarion Circle, Exalted across the board. Enjoy the grind!

Deleted
    I found Shado-Pan and August Celestials a relieve compared to Golden Lotus imho. Golden Lotus took the longest to do per day, the longest to get Exalted with and all three parts were the same, not just design, but also mob wise. While Shado-Pan had 3 different enemies (yes, Mogu included, but there where serpents too..), Golden Lotus was just: Mogu, Mogu everywhere, and the amount of quests were too much, i think a total amount of 15-20 quests it would've been, and while with Shado-Pan the rep doubles itself after honored/revered, GL was always 100 rep..However, the worst quest ever would be the strong brazier quest at the temple of the white tiger, that quest is just horrible, good thing i'm Exalted in 2-3 days..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    The Shado-Pan quests are utterly horrible, or at least the ones I did today. Far too many mobs in a small area, and seeing as the stealth effect appeared to be bugged, it was frustrating.

But yeah, I have changed my mood about dailies as well. Up until now I have done all dailies possible, but I have begun skipping some. I didn't do the anglers today because they all involved fishing (horrible drop rates ftl), and I probably won't do anymore Klaxxi dailies until I hit exalted with the Golden Lotus.

I really think Blizzard added too many factions to rep grind.
    Are you talking about the Angler's fishing dailies or Nat Pagles rep grind....you do known they are separate of each other right? Yes you will get some angler rep when you turn in 1 of those special fish to Nat but he is own rep grind away from Anglers. Getting exalted with Anglers is easy as pie....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm able to kick back atm, the only dailies i have to do is the AC ones and the cooking daily which takes 15-20 mins in total. The only annoying dailies for me was the Golden lotus stuff.

The way i looked at it was - it was something to do instead of sitting in seven stars / SW, rewarded me with some of gold, got some vp's so didn't have to do as many hc dungeons or scenarios, quests are usually pretty quick to complete & good chance at some world pvp.

Now that i've done everything except AC it feels great and i'm looking forward to the 5.1 stuff.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง