Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Shado-Pan, Celestial August daily quests, are you kidding me?

Hello, just wanted to start a topic on this subject since i think it is rediculus.

The two factions: Shado-Pan and The Celestial August dailys became available to me yesterday, but didnt try the daily quests untill today and OH BOY! horrible shit quests that requires you to yet agian pick up 10+ just to finish that one objective of 1 quest, how fun is that? feels like its gona take me 5 years just to get through the Golden Lotus dailys + Klaxxi, and now im gona be curseds with more of the same thing after i thaught i would get something more rewarding?

Ok, lets just disregard of the time it takes because of how many players are doing it, atleast i get great rep since it took me a while to unlock them, right? WRONG! 137 rep per quest for Shado-Pan(900 something rep daily at honored) and 275 rep per quest for The Celestial August (Celestial August will take more timne since you can get to honored through questing with Shado-Pan beforehand in Townlong). After i unlocked shado and celestial i thaught it would be about 500 rep per quest to make up for the fact that i had more dailys to do, ofcourse im not forced to do them, but not doing them is the same as nerfing yourself since there are things you need for your profession and even items.

I have decided to hit Exalted with Golden Lotus and the Klaxxi, i wont give a rats ass about Shado-Pan and the Celestial August tho, i had hoped for fun daily quests and/or better rep gains to make it worth my time, clearly they failed to do that. It will bother me since i wont get the profession specific items that they offer, but im not gona waste my time competing for quest objective items for hours and hours on end, i get enough of that from Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers and Order of the Serpent dailys (rotten move to tie the new mounts to Order of the Serpent Exalted to be able to ride them)
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-11 at 01:42 AM.

MMO quests are MMO quests.

So some of them are worthy of your time and others are total crap and not worthy of your time? I hate to break it to you but none of them are that different. Maybe you should re-think how you value your time.

Finish Tillers Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, then do them.

I don't see how you aren't exalted with Serpents though.

I feel your pain, I did every single daily today and saw how little rep it was for some factions and was thinking the same thing you are.

But on the other hand, if I could rush through it all and get everyone exalted in a week, I'd be back here complaining about nothing to do besides raid. It's probably not the best solution but I can live with it for now. My guild isn't going for world or server firsts so we decided to take it easy on the rep grinds. We'll have people do whichever dailies they want and kill what we can with the gear we have.

It feels like 'fake' content as some people call it, but to me it's better than nothing at all I guess.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    MMO quests are MMO quests.

So some of them are worthy of your time and others are total crap and not worthy of your time? I hate to break it to you but none of them are that different. Maybe you should re-think how you value your time.
    What got me throug the horrendous daily quests that Golden Lotus has, was the thaught of opening the daily quests for Shado-Pand and The Celestial August, surely they would have good rep rewards since i had to unlock them by hitting revered from another Daily quest faction, but no, instead its just 2 more factions with more of the same shit.

And no, "some" of them are not worthy of my time, actually i think they all suck, but since i want the Scorpion mount and am already revered with klaxxi, its more of a "well, why not." and Golden Lotus is the same, its not all that farr of, Shado-Pan and Celestial August on the other hand....no, just no, if the Daily quests for them would phase me so i would be solo and doing them, then i would do them, then i wouldent even complain about it since i would be able to finish them in a reasonable amount of time, nut now? yea so fun to compete for every single quest objective with about 30 other players or more depending on when you are doing them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    Finish Tillers Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, then do them.

I don't see how you aren't exalted with Serpents though.
    Didnt do egg hunting, didnt want to since i find it boring. Also didnt do their daily quests every day, sure theirs are really fast, but i didnt complain about their daily quests now did i?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent @ exalted Shado-Pan is pretty nice incentive to do it. Also it keeps you active in the game till they roll out 5.1

Complaining because there is something to do is worse than complaining there is nothing to do.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent @ exalted Shado-Pan is pretty nice incentive to do it. Also it keeps you active in the game till they roll out 5.1

Complaining because there is something to do is worse than complaining there is nothing to do.
    That is not what my post is aimed at, my post is aimed at the poor rep per quest, and the way that the quests are laid out, they are just a copy/paste of the other daily quests, now that wouldent bother me really, if it wasnt for all of the quest objective items you have to loot everywhere, in itself that isnt bad either, but when there are 30-50 players all competing for every single respawn, and players actually sitting on every spawn spot to get it first...then i complain.

As i said in my previous post, i wouldent complain if i could get the quests done, but at this moment in WoW whenever i do the daily quests i have to compete for every single quest item/mob for well over 45 minutes. I want you to understand that the part that makes me complain and get upset with dailys is that i have to sitt around doing 0 and wait for quest items to respawn and its not just 5-10 minutes of waiting, its sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to get all of the quest items, and im not the only player doing that, there are always other players just waiting to nabb that quest item before anyone else, that is not acceptable for me.

I have been playing ever since Beta, and never have any daily quest zone been like this. And i did daily quests ever since they were available in TBC.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-11 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    That is not what my post is aimed at, my post is aimed at the poor rep per quest, and the way that the quests are laid out, they are just a copy/paste of the other daily quests, now that wouldent bother me really, if it wasnt for all of the quest objective items you have to loot everywhere, in itself that isnt bad either, but when there are 30-50 players all competing for every single respawn, and players actually sitting on every spawn spot to get it first...then i complain.

As i said in my previous post, i wouldent complain if i could get the quests done, but at this moment in WoW whenever i do the daily quests i have to compete for every single quest item/mob for well over 45 minutes. I want you to understand that the part that makes me complain and get upset with dailys is that i have to sitt around doing 0 and wait for quest items to respawn and its not just 5-10 minutes of waiting, its sometimes up to 20-30 minutes to get all of the quest items, that is not acceptable for me.
    Can you please say how to improve it as an alternative rather than merely complaining about something? Say quests give 500 rep each then you'd be done with them in no time and then you'd be ..I have nothing to do .. The days where people had to actually put effort into something seems to be gone. You have the whole expansion to get these rewards but let me guess.. you must have it now right?!!

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    Can you please say how to improve it as an alternative rather than merely complaining about something? Say quests give 500 rep each then you'd be done with them in no time and then you'd be ..I have nothing to do .. The days where people had to actually put effort into something seems to be gone. You have the whole expansion to get these rewards but let me guess.. you must have it now right?!!
    An alternative way that would satisfy me would be to phase me whenever i do these daily quets so i am solo when i do them unless it requires teamwork, then i wouldent have to feel like im in some marathon for every quest item.

Already did mention this in a previous post, and if i had all factions exalted i would still need to get my 1k valor points per week, and why would i complain when i had the dailys out of the way? then i wouldent have to do that tedious stuff, its not fun for me, i dont know how many players thinks it is actually fun to do the daily quests when all you do for average 15 minutes is to sitt on your ass and wait for respawning quest objectives.

And i dont se how you could interpret my post as a "I want it all right now, gimme gimme gimme" re-read my post's and perhaps you will understand what i am trying to convey.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-11 at 02:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Shado-Pan quests are utterly horrible, or at least the ones I did today. Far too many mobs in a small area, and seeing as the stealth effect appeared to be bugged, it was frustrating.

But yeah, I have changed my mood about dailies as well. Up until now I have done all dailies possible, but I have begun skipping some. I didn't do the anglers today because they all involved fishing (horrible drop rates ftl), and I probably won't do anymore Klaxxi dailies until I hit exalted with the Golden Lotus.

I really think Blizzard added too many factions to rep grind.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2012-10-11 at 02:20 AM.

The gear you're wanting is in the Raid environment. The items you're grinding are intended either to plug the gaps or for non-raiders so they can progress their characters. Maybe your expectations are too high.

Dailies are a good way to delay the point at which you become sick of them, but I think most people (myself included) find that the novelty does indeed wear off well before we're done, at least for the 'major' factions. I'm at a loss to explain why Blizzard completely replaced tabard-rep with dailies. I think the two systems compliment each other nicely, as they each lend themselves to monotony, but having two systems lets us switch grinds when one becomes too dull.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    The gear you're wanting is in the Raid environment. The items you're grinding are intended either to plug the gaps or for non-raiders so they can progress their characters. Maybe your expectations are too high.
    True, i did expect daily quests to deliver on the fun factor. Ill just lower my expectations for future content or move on to another game.

An alternative way that would satisfy me would be to phase me whenever i do these daily quets so i am solo when i do them unless it requires teamwork, then i wouldent have to feel like im in some marathon for every quest item.
    Nothing needs to be said here except "go play a single-player RPG."

My stance on this whole thing is : Complete and utter BULLSHIT.

Here I was, merrily thinking that I'd spend 2 weeks of being gated to these Rep factions, and then when I finally get to do them, they'd probably progress at a rate so that everything will hit Exalted at once. Because you know, when you get gated to a Faction for 2 Weeks I kind of expect it to be a little faster since you've already put in a reasonable amount of time and effort.

Nope, 825 Rep per day (13 days just to get REVERED!) for Shado-Pan. The August Celestials isn't so bad, I initially didn't realise there was extra Quests at the Cradle of Chi-Ji in Krasarang so now that I've found out about those it's like 2.5k Rep per day ... But that's the problem, You should be getting that same 2.5k rep per day FOR SHADO-PAN also.

I honestly don't really have a problem with dailies, but now I'm not enjoying it because I'm so angry that they would gate you for 2 weeks and then give you 825 Rep per day, it's just completely ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I think they are trying to keep us busy, but i'm not a fan of HAVING to do them for gear. A mount is one thing.
    You can gear via raids if you want, you don't have to unlock the VP vendors. As someone said it's to plug gaps or for those that don't have the time / means to get it from the other content.

True, i did expect daily quests to deliver on the fun factor. Ill just lower my expectations for future content or move on to another game.
    It's funny you mention this as one of my guildies just told me earlier one of the Golden Lotus quests, the one in which you roll down the great big wall was "awesome fun". I guess fun is subjective though.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

What would you consider a fun and valid alternative, what would you like to be doing in the game? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm curious. For instance more of something else that exists in game, or something new?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    When have WoW dailies ever been "fun" in the past? The only fun dailies I ever encountered were ones you could blow through in like, five minutes, like the Thieving little Pluckers quest back in Uldum.

I'm not a fan of the tabard system. While it certainly expedites the process, it indeed makes rep grinds an "oh hey, I'm exalted now" affair. I would, however, like a system where running heroic dungeons awarded reputation to a specific faction for killing mobs/bosses. Perhaps this could be integrated into challenge modes: the first time killing an enemy would reward the specific faction rep for that day. (To prevent people from infinite reset grinding.) This might even work for raids... Killing bosses in Mogu'shan vaults would award Golden Lotus rep, Heart of Fear would award Klaxxi Rep, and Terrace of the endless spring could award August Celestial Rep. All of these numbers would be tuned to nicely augment someone working diligently on their rep grind, but in no way would replace doing the dailies completely.

The problem with dailies is that people feel obligated to do them, apparently now more than in the past. I would have left valor gear off of reputations, save for maybe one or two good gear pieces... They're not necessary, but it adds another hoop for min/max "hardcores" to jump through (That they always seem to implore blizzard to add for other people.) Another good "nut up or shut up" opportunity.

As for a physical sense of progression, I agree that they should tone it up more. I would prefer a system of phasing where, as you progressed through a faction, the environment heavily changes to reflect your progress... however, other players, and Blizzard, felt this created too strong a dissolution between players trying to quest together. This makes me somewhat unhappy... If I'm beating the crap out of 8 Mogu every day in the vale of eternal blossoms, I'd really like to see that my efforts are going towards something beyond moving on to where they're also beating people up.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-11 at 03:10 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    You can gear via raids if you want, you don't have to unlock the VP vendors. As someone said it's to plug gaps or for those that don't have the time / means to get it from the other content.

It's funny you mention this as one of my guildies just told me earlier one of the Golden Lotus quests, the one in which you roll down the great big wall was "awesome fun". I guess fun is subjective though.
    Well ofcourse, my idea of fun, isnt everyones idea of fun. And i already did clear Mogu'shan on Normal, progressing on Heroic mode atm so i dont have a problem getting my gear elsewhere. But its not just gear that is tied to rep, you seem to be stuck in the idea that i want gear from rep vendors, no i dont, i want meaningfull daily quests. You already know what i mean by meaningfull if you read my other posts so i dont have to repeat it.

I think everything is fine EXCEPT Shado-Pan and August Celestials being gated by being revered with the Golden Lotus. That's just dumb. Especially when they made a big deal about just HOW MANY dailies they were going to have. Then they gate two whole sets of them.