Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It's so you have something to do every day IF you want to do something.

Stop telling yourself you are FORCED to do them, you are not.
    Stop telling yourself you are forced to make stupid comments, you are not. Have you looked at the quartermasters for these factions? There are enchanting and tailoring recipes. If you have these professions and want these recipes you are forced to do these dailies. Maybe if you have the intellect of sliced bread you find these dailies fun and "something to do". For others with just a few brain cells still intact, they are just a tedious grind and the exact opposite of what GC claimed they would be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    REALLY???? Were you forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talent in the old style talent trees? OF COURSE YOU WERE. That's why talents got changed. This is no different. The best path to reward leads through dailies. Their fore YOU ARE FORCED TO DO FAILIES just as you were forced to take that 5% dps talent...

The best path to rewards, yes. Guilds clear heroic mode MSV, without these rewards. They are not necessary. You are not forced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    The best path to rewards, yes. Guilds clear heroic mode MSV, without these rewards. They are not necessary. You are not forced.
    Guilds cleared bosses without the flat dps talents either. That isn't the point. I mean if your mage didn't take his best dps talent and say had one utility talent you could have still killed the boss most likely but that isn't the point. It's the same reason that Blizzard won't award an honor weapon to pvp guys. Someone asked ghostcrawler about this and his response was

Weapons are so attractive, that every PvE player would buy an Honor weapon.
    OF COURSE because it's the best more rewarding path available to them. In our case dailies and the GEAR behind them is simply to rewarding a path to ignore regardless of what the HC guild has done. For the average player and for that matter the average raider they are totally necessary.

Look I have an easy solution to this problem. Take ANYTHING THAT IS REMOTELY PROGRESSION ORIENTED away from the daily vendors. Gear, charms and recipes. How many of you would still do dailies? Not as many I'm guessing and that's exactly why they were put on the vendors in the first place. It's an overwhelming and obvious carrot that Blizzard knows people will feel forced to do for precisely the reason that they feel forced since the other paths SUCK.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-11 at 08:07 AM.

Dont like them dont do them.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Deleted
    AND THEY WOULD NEVER complain about grinds, because those people have been used to much worse in Vanilla, when recipes like these would have 0.03% dropchances from random mobs in the world instead.
    The old argument, because something was bad in vanilla it has to be bad now. I stop here, you obviously don't get it. I'm not complaining about having to do dailies to get stuff. I'm complaining about the utterly bad design. It's 2012, dailies can be fun and maybe a bit different from the usual collect 12 this, kill 12 that. Like I said before, in Icecrown we had bombing missions, harpoon missions and other stuff. Why do I have to kill 12 mogu every day now?

Deleted
    to the OP: don't like it, don't do it. No need to cry to us about it. Everything you do in the game is a choice, your choice.

I'm stuck on those race quests, finding it all very difficult for some reason.

You'll be exalted with the cloud serpents when you start the shadopan dailies so i just went from one to another. The stealth shado pan dailies are the worst! I buff my stealth breaks, I use those coins my stealth breaks, I walk two steps with no mobs my stealth broke and my companion vanished!

Great fun! Don't worry blizz has a plan in 5.1 we have more dailies.

Not that honored or revered actually mean anything anymore! I miss vanilla and tbc, the rep grind was awful but at least you felt you got somewhere with each tier! Rather than just a quest !

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroi View Post
    Is there only 3-4 quests with each of them?
    That's all I've found in their camps, but perhaps there's more somewhere?
    Since 100-300 rep x 4 per day is quite low.
    yeah I'd like to know this as well. I just hit revered with the golden lotus today and opened the august celestial & shado-pan dailies.

august celestial : they sent me to the cradle of chi-ji in krasarang, collecting feathers, sparring with the trainer, and I forgot with the other two. I think it was 3-4 dailies for the august celestial. Anyone know where can I get more dailies for the august celestials?

shado pan : killing the goat-men, bombing mission, and once again I forgot the rest. But it was about 3-4 dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    How else do you want them to let you do stuff?

If the rewards weren't somewhat meaningful, and competitive hardcore guilds are the biggest demanders of grinds, people wouldn't bother doing them. So you'd have -nothing- to do...

You're complaining about WoW being about killing mobs and completing quests now? What the fuck?
    Did you expect them to let you play Warcraft 3 RTS campaigns or Tetris to earn your reputation or what?

Check the login screen next time, it says: "World of Warcraft". That's the game you're playing and if you think that is ever going to include anything but killing mobs or reducing healthbars of others to 0 by using your class abilities then erh... I don't know what to say.

You're only forced to get the recipes if you want a 1% DPS increase. The guilds that badly want this, but don't need this, are bleeding edge content guilds, AND THEY WOULD NEVER complain about grinds, because those people have been used to much worse in Vanilla, when recipes like these would have 0.03% dropchances from random mobs in the world instead.
    Actually it's anybody who want's to progress their character. I mean at some point I'll run out of items to get in the dungeons and then i'll be stuck at running lfr once a week soooo what then? OF COURSE People are going feel forced to do dailies. It provides to much reward. dailies have always been largely cosmetic stuff or lots of gold and that's why a fraction of people did them.

How else do I want them to let me do stuff? well they could start by giving me the tabard back and letting me choose which ways I gained rep at the pace I wanted to.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    to the OP: don't like it, don't do it. No need to cry to us about it. Everything you do in the game is a choice, your choice.

I'm stuck on those race quests, finding it all very difficult for some reason.
    Taking that 5% dps talent was just your choice to. BUT THEY JUST HAD TO CHANGE THE TALENT SYSTEM... why? because it wasn't really a choice now was it. I can't believe this is the same forum that was arguing with me a couple weeks ago about doing icc 10 and 25 and how obligatory that felt.. I can't believe this is the same forum that defended the talents because they finally presented us with genuine choice by more or less getting rid of all the flat dps talents that people felt FORCED to take...

What happened guys? Where you just always gonna defend Blizzard no matter what?

Deleted
    I have mixed feelings for these dailies, I mean, I don't mind doing them, and I don't really want to rush through content and be exalted already but I just feel like there's no point in gating the reputations, it feels like an artificial way of making the grind last longer and I don't appreciate that.

Also, there's not much variety, it gets boring after the 1st week.

You know, I didn't expected it differently!
    I haven't unlocked shadow pan and august celestials yet; golden lotus is taking me forever.

It is really irritating how they gated rep gain in such a horrible way with no alternatives at all.

REALLY???? Were you forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talent in the old style talent trees? OF COURSE YOU WERE. That's why talents got changed. This is no different. The best path to reward leads through dailies. Their fore YOU ARE FORCED TO DO FAILIES just as you were forced to take that 5% dps talent...
    You are not forced to do 40 dailies each day and thus get tired of it very fast.

Deleted
    Don't do daillies if you don't want to. I don't because I find them unbelievably shit and tedious and I can't imagine anyone enjoys them, but some clearly do and kudos to them for standing it. As far as I'm concerned I can do other games that are a lot more fun than daillies. I do feel cheated by Blizz though. All I care about is raiding with guild, so that means endless heroics instead to gear to a threshold, otherwise I'm levelling alts until that gets too mind-numbing. Pet battles, tiller rep, etc etc and the lazy design Blizz put into rep grinding across multiple toons is a huge turn-off for me. This, plus the shit disneyesque panda design and the nauseating cuddliness of everything in MoP makes me feel this game has been dummied down to early teenager level and is just designed to keep that kind of mentality playing . Anyway I'm grumpily moving off-topic, so to get back on topic, just say no to anything that isn't fun. Don't do daillies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it's anybody who want's to progress their character. I mean at some point I'll run out of items to get in the dungeons and then i'll be stuck at running lfr once a week soooo what then? OF COURSE People are going feel forced to do dailies. It provides to much reward. dailies have always been largely cosmetic stuff or lots of gold and that's why a fraction of people did them.

How else do I want them to let me do stuff? well they could start by giving me the tabard back and letting me choose which ways I gained rep at the pace I wanted to.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:28 AM ----------

Taking that 5% dps talent was just your choice to. BUT THEY JUST HAD TO CHANGE THE TALENT SYSTEM... why? because it wasn't really a choice now was it. I can't believe this is the same forum that was arguing with me a couple weeks ago about doing icc 10 and 25 and how obligatory that felt.. I can't believe this is the same forum that defended the talents because they finally presented us with genuine choice by more or less getting rid of all the flat dps talents that people felt FORCED to take...

What happened guys? Where you just always gonna defend Blizzard no matter what?
    You're no more forced to do dailies to progress your character than you are to ditch your current guild and stick yourself into the first hardcore guild that will take you, and keep guild hoping to work your way up the world server list. And if you aren't a raider, you're under no external time pressure to gear yourself in these epic lewtz. So yes, If you don't like them, don't do them.

The people complaining about one thing aren't necessarily the people complaining about something else. People that complained Cataclysm heroic dungeons were too hard probably weren't also complaining that HoT heroics were too easy. Unfortunately for Blizzard, they ultimately have to appeal to one side or the other with their design choices. One of Blizzard's main problems is that they listen very vehemently to their player base on one issue, and then get instantly get backlash from the other side about it, and so on and so forth. And it just so happens that what they listen to, and what people are asking for, doesn't always come from you as well.

So you've got people complaining about tabards being too easy for rep, people complaining that there should be more grinds, people complaining that dailies weren't varied enough, and people complaining that reps are bogus. Which group do they listen to?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're no more forced to do dailies to progress your character than you are to ditch your current guild and stick yourself into the first hardcore guild that will take you, and keep guild hoping to work your way up the world server list. And if you aren't a raider, you're under no external time pressure to gear yourself in these epic lewtz. So yes, If you don't like them, don't do them.

The people complaining about one thing aren't necessarily the people complaining about something else. People that complained Cataclysm heroic dungeons were too hard probably weren't also complaining that HoT heroics were too easy. Unfortunately for Blizzard, they ultimately have to appeal to one side or the other with their design choices. One of Blizzard's main problems is that they listen very vehemently to their player base. It just so happens that what they listen to, and what people are asking for, doesn't always come from you as well.

So you've got people complaining about tabards being too easy for rep, people complaining that there should be more grinds, people complaining that dailies weren't varied enough, and people complaining that reps are bogus. Which group do they listen to?

Again you weren't forced to take the 5% dps talents either but...... EVERYONE FELT LIKE THEY WERE BECAUSE THEY WERE. Tell me why is it forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talents but it's not forced to get that gear? Christ even non raiders like to gear their tunes up in a reasonable amount of time. At some point I as a non raider will simply run out of avenues and I WILL HAVE TO DO THE DAILIES. If you have two options and one is weak and the other is much stronger YOU WILL FEEL FORCED TO DO THE STRONGER ONE. In this case not running dailies is weak and slows you the fuck down for NO reason other than dailies suck and Blizzard doesn't want to give you any other options. So you suck it up and do it. Not because you want to or you like dailies BUT BECAUSE THE OTHER OPTION IS WEAKER AND YOU HAVE NO CHOICE.

It's easy. Give tabards back that grant rep and keep dailes that grant rep. If people REALLY like these dailies and think their so amazing they'll keep doing them regardless of what I do with my tabard
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-11 at 09:08 AM.

It's so you have something to do every day IF you want to do something.

Stop telling yourself you are FORCED to do them, you are not.

Else you'd just be whining that you'd be sitting on your ass in Stormwind/Orgrimmar all day without anything to do instead.
    The solution for lack of content IS NOT repeat the shit out of the same quests every day!
    Now, if someone wants to have the cloud serpent which is purchasable at the AC quartermaster, what ways does he/she have to achieve this?
    After that pls explain to me what forcing means in your understanding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    I have decided to hit Exalted with Golden Lotus and the Klaxxi, i wont give a rats ass about Shado-Pan and the Celestial August tho, i had hoped for fun daily quests and/or better rep gains to make it worth my time, clearly they failed to do that. It will bother me since i wont get the profession specific items that they offer, but im not gona waste my time competing for quest objective items for hours and hours on end, i get enough of that from Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, Tillers and Order of the Serpent dailys (rotten move to tie the new mounts to Order of the Serpent Exalted to be able to ride them)
    That's one of the most bizarre decisions you could make... After Revered, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus award really pointless items.
    If anything, after you're revered with those 2 factions, you can now ignore them and only do shadow-pan and august celestials, at least you'll get some loot.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose we'll see an increased reputation gain through dailies in a couple weeks. 136 rep per daily does not feel like a lot. I would rather see 400-500 rep pop up every 3 daily, rather than seeing the "low" amount of 136 for each of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again you weren't forced to take the 5% dps talents either but...... EVERYONE FELT LIKE THEY WERE BECAUSE THEY WERE. Tell me why is it forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talents but it's not forced to get that gear? Christ even non raiders like to gear their tunes up in a reasonable amount of time. At some point I as a non raider will simply run out of avenues and I WILL HAVE TO DO THE DAILIES.
    I took my (and I imagine many other people did as well) talents from elitistjerks and similar sites because I didn't want some innate factor gimping my DPS, and googling "Frost DK DPS patch x.x." takes a lot less time than grinding out exalted rep for a faction for a stupid ring, and would likely have a much greater impact. Furthermore, talent trees, unlike gear, were never "hoops" to jump through, and, because you stopped getting new talents at max level anyway, were never part of personal progression. The only thing driving me to pursue these dailies are the mounts offered at exalted and the sense of completion from reaching exalted with each faction. Any gear I acquire in the meantime is an additional bonus.

And as I said, if you aren't a raider, and even then, not under the thumb of some bleeding-edge progression guild leader, you're under no "vehement pressure" to grind out 40 dailies each and every day for a sub-optimal pair of pants.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex
    That's one of the most bizarre decisions you could make... After Revered, Klaxxi and Golden Lotus award really pointless items.
    If anything, after you're revered with those 2 factions, you can now ignore them and only do shadow-pan and august celestials, at least you'll get some loot.
    In addition to achievements, I know at least the klaxxi offer some nice lore revelations, and the scorpion mount is pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-10-11 at 09:16 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    But on the other hand, if I could rush through it all and get everyone exalted in a week, I'd be back here complaining about nothing to do besides raid.
    It feels like 'fake' content as some people call it, but to me it's better than nothing at all I guess.
    This is basically it, and besides you don't need thet rep as much as you did in Wrath or Cata. Just look at Klaxxi, byt the time you hit exalted you can get better gear anyway from raids or pick it up on AH or something. So dailies ar eno longer a requirement for enchants or something like they used to.

Also the number of options you have for questing is kinda limited, so yes 90% of quests consist of kill X of Y or gather X items of Y. The other 10% are the 'quirky' and fun quests. I think they have struck a good balance to be honest. If they would add a lot more of the quirky quests then those would get boring too. Now you get an occasional refresh. Also the variety in difficulty has been done quite well. I still don't like doing dailies, but personally I think Blizzard have made a good implementation. Found doing Hyjal dailies a lot more boring tbh....