Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The content is designed to last you longer than the 2 months or so this xpac has been out.

More at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I found Shado-Pan and August Celestials a relieve compared to Golden Lotus imho. Golden Lotus took the longest to do per day, the longest to get Exalted with and all three parts were the same, not just design, but also mob wise. While Shado-Pan had 3 different enemies (yes, Mogu included, but there where serpents too..), Golden Lotus was just: Mogu, Mogu everywhere, and the amount of quests were too much, i think a total amount of 15-20 quests it would've been, and while with Shado-Pan the rep doubles itself after honored/revered, GL was always 100 rep..However, the worst quest ever would be the strong brazier quest at the temple of the white tiger, that quest is just horrible, good thing i'm Exalted in 2-3 days..
    Protip: If you are a monk you can just flight form straight up the mountain with the torch. Takes all of 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Protip: If you are a monk you can just flight form straight up the mountain with the torch. Takes all of 15 seconds.

Shh, the more people that know about this, the more likely it will be hotfixed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The content is designed to last you longer than the 2 months or so this xpac has been out.

More at 11.
    Yea, they should cut rep gains further by 2-3 times, then that brilliant content would last even longer. /sarcasm

Y'all who aren't fans of quick rep must not have 10 toons all trying to max out professions. I have a tailor who finally unlocked the patterns from GL. I have a inscriptionist I'm still trying to level to 90 to level up Tillers so I can start farming motes and making hot items, like fans. I have an engineer who's in the same boat wanting to make guns. (Etc. etc. etc. for each profession)

I'd love a chance to get my peeps to 90, but the 3+ hours I spend on my tailor doing dailies nukes the amount of time I can devote to just getting my other toons leveled. I have 2 90s, 3 87s and the rest are barely started in MoP. It's retarded.

And I'm quite sure the vast majority of players are more in my boat of wanting to level alts to 90 and work on dailies with them, then the few (though very vocal) who only have 1 toon, is already exalted with all the factions and thinks anyone who hasn't put in the time and sweat that they did are just mouthbreathing casual raiding tard who want free loots.

Just so you know, you're wrong.

Deleted
    Don't like them? Don't do them. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The problem with dailies is that people feel obligated to do them,
    This is exactly why Blizzard was hesitant for 2 expansions after dailies were introduced to remove the daily quest limit per day. The players insisted they could police themselves and didn't need to be nannied by Blizzard and the forced limit was unnecessary.

Blizzard says "okay, you're mature enough to handle your impulses" and removes the cap. Then we get this flood of "too much to do" complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    Y'all who aren't fans of quick rep must not have 10 toons all trying to max out professions. I have a tailor who finally unlocked the patterns from GL. I have a inscriptionist I'm still trying to level to 90 to level up Tillers so I can start farming motes and making hot items, like fans. I have an engineer who's in the same boat wanting to make guns. (Etc. etc. etc. for each profession)

I'd love a chance to get my peeps to 90, but the 3+ hours I spend on my tailor doing dailies nukes the amount of time I can devote to just getting my other toons leveled. I have 2 90s, 3 87s and the rest are barely started in MoP. It's retarded.

And I'm quite sure the vast majority of players are more in my boat of wanting to level alts to 90 and work on dailies with them, then the few (though very vocal) who only have 1 toon, is already exalted with all the factions and thinks anyone who hasn't put in the time and sweat that they did are just mouthbreathing casual raiding tard who want free loots.

It's easier to max and gear alts now than it was at the same point in any other expansion. I bet this is the first time you've tried to max 10 characters at the start of an expansion. Hell, even at the end of Cata when epics were falling from the skies you still have to grind through MF to get recipes.

How many characters did you grind through MF on, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Don't like them? Don't do them. Simple as that.
    Awesome! I'm so glad I get my free loots by simply not doing dailies.

/sarcasm

It's not the fact that we don't like doing them - it's different for different people. I'm sick of the low drop rates that garner me 3-10 silver from grey items and no other purpose. I'm sick of having to fight with 20+ other people all doing the same thing, killing the same mobs and waiting for respawns. The quests themselves are fine. The mechanics are what need to be adjusted - or at least a reasoning as to why all the goats look the same, but 10% are secretly fatty. Either make some fat, so I know which to kill, or make them all drop steaks.

Blizzard has made it clear that the game has gotten too loose on having a "Main" vs "Alts" in this respect. I have 11 characters on my server and I'd like to get them all to 90 and have them all maxed on professions with access to some of the rep patterns, but in no way does that mean I need Blizzard to design the game around conveniently enabling me to do so in 2-3 months of release. You have TWO FRIGGIN' YEARS to worry about alts.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    How many characters did you grind through MF on, I wonder.
    3, though only 2 got the mount.

I was fine with Cata though, I had 2 raiding toons. The rest were just support. Now, all my support toons have to get to 87 to unlock the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to get the recipes to finish out their profession (Tailor, Leather and Blacksmithing, specifically). But even then, everything is gated by spirits of harmony - and they aren't readily available until after 90 and after revered with Tillers.

So, before I can even reasonably get to raiding, given my small guild/server population, I need to get my support toons up to 87 at a minimum. Which I'm doing, but the daily grind isn't helpful.

But whatever. It's all my singular problem because I chose to live on a small server and have no friends to help enchant and gem me or make me nifty purple items. I get it - it's an mmo and I play it like a SPG. Because it literally has the best game play of any game I have ever played ever. I'd play WoW single player if they offered it. I'd play any other game SPG or MMO, if it had the same (or better - lol) game play. They don't. Sorry Blizz has made the perfect game for my play style. Get over it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You have TWO FRIGGIN' YEARS to worry about alts.
    Sweet - so my main gets to kick it for two years in green level gems and blue armor because my poor alts are relegated to the dung heap because everything is gated for enjoyment by your one main toon.

wicked awesome.

Of all the dailies the tillers and August celestials are the quickest and easiest to finish. In fact these 10 quests are the ones I will be farming each day for valor and coins after I max out with both. The most annoying celestial one is the torch carrying one, but I found a way around it. You walk outside the chains and on the outside edges of buildings to avoid 90% of the tornados. The goat steak one is the most annoying tiller quest and I can choose to just not do it.

The nice thing about AUgust is that the dailies get switched up often enough that its not so mind numbingly painful as Klaxxi and Shado Pan.

As for gearing up in LFR you get a chance on every boss to get gear with 3 rerolls a week, I have unlocked 15 bosses so far so even with a 15% chance to get LFR loot 18 times a week I pull down 1-3 pieces each week. One guy in my guild is just as geared as I am (476) and he hasn't done a single daily quest and our guild has not started regular raids yet. Half our members are ready.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 09:10 PM ----------

Sweet - so my main gets to kick it for two years in green level gems and blue armor because my poor alts are relegated to the dung heap because everything is gated for enjoyment by your one main toon.

wicked awesome.
    I play an hour a day and 4-6 hours on friday, I valor cap by Friday night/saturday morning, and then I have until tuesday to level alts with increased valor and soon double rep. If you can't find time to do your alts then either you don't have time for wow anymore or you need to learn how to spend your in game time more efficiently. I'm ilevel 476 and I have evey single LFR boss unlocked and am exalted with Klaxxi, Serpents, Tillers, Golden Lotus and Lorewalkers, revered with August (should be exalted today) and honored with Shadopan. If I can do it, anyone can.

I was fine with Cata though, I had 2 raiding toons. The rest were just support. Now, all my support toons have to get to 87 to unlock the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to get the recipes to finish out their profession (Tailor, Leather and Blacksmithing, specifically). But even then, everything is gated by spirits of harmony - and they aren't readily available until after 90 and after revered with Tillers.
    You can max out every single crafting profession without setting foot in Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeton View Post
    Exactly, I'm not even going to grind them for gear, I don't really care. All I want is REPUTATIONS ACCOUNT-WIDE, so I can grind them for the achievements / mounts / goodies.
    Well fortunately for you, mounts and achievements are account-wide, so most of the reputations you only have to do once, unless there are specific items you desire for your alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    “It's not just “kill 6 Mogu today and also kill 6 Mogu the next day”.
    -Greg Street

The biggest lie ever told.
    No, he was telling the truth. It's actually 12 Mogu.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You can max out every single crafting profession without setting foot in Pandaria.
    Don't you need spirits of harmony to buy the recipes for some professions?

All I have to say to everyone mad about "needing" to do dailies. Go do a raid. I leveled up a mage from 1-90 in 4 days, did just dungeons and normal raids for my gear and I am all epic't out. Didn't do 1 daily or buy any from the vendors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadopan dailies get griped about a lot, but I haven't really noticed them being too bad, except for the one where you have to kill 1 elite yaungol and 8 non-elites, but there's the same number of both. Pick the right shadopan helper and things go much faster. It also helps if you're doing the Yak Temple quests for Auguest Celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Don't you need spirits of harmony to buy the recipes for some professions?
    You need spirits to craft some items in each profession, usually rares and epics. But you can level to max completely on trainer recipes without a single mote.

I've yet to have an issue with the August Celestial dailies since I figured out my path for running that torch up to the brazier. Shado-Pan, however, are unholy abominations in my eyes and I'm glad I'm finally done with them. The Dragon/Mogu ones aren't too bad, just annoying. The Backguard Protectors with the tank NPCs aren't too bad either, but still annoying. The stealth/assassin dailies I refuse to do anymore. There are far, far, FAR too many mobs in a small area, they hit like trucks, they aggro from 9 miles away, and if you have that special-ed hunter NPC who decides to fight wherever he feels like it and aggros 30 packs of trash while placing traps at his feet before feigning death and dumping that on you..... Suffice it to say that faction needs work, but the biggest problem is the requirement of revered with Golden Lotus before gaining access. Just allow them to be started at 90 and be done with it.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?