Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Anyone notice how fked up we get by the bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults? But when a dk is tanking it they barely take any dmg.
    We're obviously playing a different game, because prot pallies vs blood dk's feel like they're almost exactly the same right now.

  2. #22
    The only thing that is pissing me off right now is my AoE threat. I'll have a good 10 second lead in on packs, with my SoR/Light's Hammer/Holy Wrath/Con/HotR and then my Monk co-tank runs in, hits one aoe move and rips them all off me. Then I'm lucky to get a mob or two pack unless I taunt them off.

  3. #23
    Healer Threat is the answer - it was discussed on the forums already. Went in with SoI+GoBH yesterday for 1st boss in MV - after pull even boss single tanked by warrior ran to me Not even a problem with add packs before them.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire Drfireburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Dark Portal
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The only thing that is pissing me off right now is my AoE threat. I'll have a good 10 second lead in on packs, with my SoR/Light's Hammer/Holy Wrath/Con/HotR and then my Monk co-tank runs in, hits one aoe move and rips them all off me. Then I'm lucky to get a mob or two pack unless I taunt them off.
    You're doing something horribly wrong then. I never lose threat on multiple mobs regardless of what type of dps I'm running with.

    Edit * Yay 100th post.
    Last edited by Drfireburns; 2012-10-11 at 07:30 PM.

  5. #25
    Epic! MrKnubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,502
    I felt fine. Just use Shield of the Righteous before attacks, you take half damage.

    Nothing can hold me back!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    You're doing something horribly wrong then. I never lose threat on multiple mobs regardless of what type of dps I'm running with.

    Edit * Yay 100th post.
    Couldn't tell ya. I bust everything out and still get pulled off from him. I rape in single target threat though.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Couldn't tell ya. I bust everything out and still get pulled off from him. I rape in single target threat though.
    I will say though, Brewmaster "dizzying haze" or "keg smash" generates enormous threat. I haven't looked into what the multiplier is but just anecdotely it takes 1 or 2 hits of it and a mob will stay superglued to him no matter what. So I can see in an aoe situation how he could be pulling off you.

    As other's have said, try Seal of Insight if you're not using it. The healing component helps and as a matter of fact, glyph Battle Healer.

    Also, dmg buffs in 5.1 PTR. Looks like my wish will come true on the dps side.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by saranya View Post
    I will say though, Brewmaster "dizzying haze" or "keg smash" generates enormous threat. I haven't looked into what the multiplier is but just anecdotely it takes 1 or 2 hits of it and a mob will stay superglued to him no matter what. So I can see in an aoe situation how he could be pulling off you.

    As other's have said, try Seal of Insight if you're not using it. The healing component helps and as a matter of fact, glyph Battle Healer.

    Also, dmg buffs in 5.1 PTR. Looks like my wish will come true on the dps side.
    Yeah, I've been using SoI and Battle Healer. Nothing on him in terms of threat.

    And I believe those damage buffs are the tooltips updated from when we were hotfixed a week ago.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Yeah, I've been using SoI and Battle Healer. Nothing on him in terms of threat.

    And I believe those damage buffs are the tooltips updated from when we were hotfixed a week ago.
    looks like you're right. oh well. guess I can keep hoping. it's the seal change that i'm feeling weak now.

    and yeah, not sure what else you can do other than try to out gear him. or reforge to hit, exp, haste (mix in some dps gear). depending on what side of the theorycraft fence you are, assuming you're capped hit/exp. the haste could help you vs going parry/mastery

  10. #30
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dragonblight
    Posts
    62
    Use the healing seal, it works wonders with vengeance, you'll probably pull ahead of your healers in terms of healing yourself, and then we take less physical damage than DK's anyway so you'll be doing more self healing and taking less damage.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Shirra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    626
    Surprised to see people not using Seal of Insight with battlehealer. With enough mobs on me, I can litterally heal my entire party plus myself with it. We pulled 15 mobs in scholo (the students before the proffesor) plus the miniboss and after an initial spike of cooldowns I had so much vengeance I barely ever went below 75%. And this is with mixed questing and crafted gear.

  12. #32
    I got to agree with the rest of you, prot pallys might not be at the same level as DKs but still we are relly good right now and I think that the risk that we get nerfed a bit is bigger then the chance that we would get buffed.

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,750
    Damage intake is fine. But we really, really need a DPS buff. It's awful at the moment due to the massive nerf to Seal of Truth

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Damage intake is fine. But we really, really need a DPS buff. It's awful at the moment due to the massive nerf to Seal of Truth
    Go with Seal of Insight

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    Go with Seal of Insight
    Already using it :3 I mean, the nerf to Seal of Truth smacked us bad yo.

  16. #36
    Brewmaster Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by AFweaponMAN View Post
    I also contributed nearly 45k hps to the raid/myself..
    Lmao. No you didn't. Not as prot.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Lmao. No you didn't. Not as prot.
    I've broken 20k hp/sec in a 5-man dungeon. I think 45k does sound a bit far-fetched, but still maybe in the realm of possibility.

  18. #38
    If you're tanking 2 dogs on 25 man Stone Guard you can reach around 37K HPS

    WoL Log

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I've broken 20k hp/sec in a 5-man dungeon. I think 45k does sound a bit far-fetched, but still maybe in the realm of possibility.
    You should try pulling 5-6 packs in a hc.

    My record is about 350k dps and 95k hps without any special buffs other than own cooldowns. ( done in Siege of something temple )

  20. #40
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Prot paladins spamming wrath with vengeance up got alot of 4/6 cheesed kills .. shame you were hotfixed to get Rebirth now, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •