Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well, what are two bugs that you reported in say, June, that is still going on today on the live version?
    Ablib, as a simple example... go to Dalaran and use the anvils in the blacksmith shop and make something.. 2nd thought, dont bother...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5152412121 here is the report from MAY... still exists... but who knows, maybe the anvils are now meant for show and not meant to work.

I'm not going to derail OPs thread with pointing out more bugs, OP asked a question, and I am of the opinion that "yes, in fact, we ARE paying for beta."

And I will continue to hold that opinion until simple stuff like anvils work... there is a uniform time zone in northrend... not 3-4 different ones, the Fishing tourneys are enabled and not exploitable... ya know... simple stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    "A lot of the tickets you’ve submitted have been complaints about game design
    choices, changes or current support workflows/policie"

They told you exactly where to post your complaints. They told you that the ticket system is NOT the place for them. You even submitted a ticket (from the sounds of it) about the wait time on tickets.

In essence, you seem to have trouble reading.
    the petition that ellicted that email was about the dalaran anvils... hardly a GAME DESIGN complaint... and I've never submitted a ticket about wait times on tickets... so... perhaps YOU have the trouble reading.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I spent all summer reporting them, and watching them be ignored.
    From the sounds of your other post you were probably reporting them to the wrong place.

I highly doubt the dev team ignores bugs, however I do believe that it's harder to fix a bug than just changing a couple of lines of code (at least for the majority of bugs). Wouldn't they have to find out exactly what caused you and others to get the bug? Are they the same issue? Is it the combination of multiple factors?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ablib, as a simple example... go to Dalaran and use the anvils in the blacksmith shop and make something.. 2nd thought, dont bother...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5152412121 here is the report from MAY... still exists... but who knows, maybe the anvils are now meant for show and not meant to work.

I'm not going to derail OPs thread with pointing out more bugs, OP asked a question, and I am of the opinion that "yes, in fact, we ARE paying for beta."

And I will continue to hold that opinion until simple stuff like anvils work... there is a uniform time zone in northrend... not 3-4 different ones, the Fishing tourneys are enabled and not exploitable... ya know... simple stuff.
    Bugs go into a priority list. Bugs that don't really affect anything would be very low priority. The anvils bug would be very low priority since there's an anvil only a few feet away (in the engineering shop) that works. That it hasn't been fixed yet is annoying, but not important in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    From the sounds of your other post you were probably reporting them to the wrong place.

I highly doubt the dev team ignores bugs, however I do believe that it's harder to fix a bug than just changing a couple of lines of code (at least for the majority of bugs). Wouldn't they have to find out exactly what caused you and others to get the bug? Are they the same issue? Is it the combination of multiple factors?
    from the sounds of your post, you failed to realize that I WAS posting them IN the designated forum on the designated website, of which I DID provide the link.

now... I'm done and I'll stand by my opinion which is rooted in my experiences, and I will agree with OP... Good day.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    call me a free loader but this is why i enjoy playing games that are free. when im playing something like LoL or WoT and encounter a bug i simple remind myself "hey dude, you havent spent anything on this game, its ok"

Deleted

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 11:01 PM ----------

the petition that ellicted that email was about the dalaran anvils... hardly a GAME DESIGN complaint... and I've never submitted a ticket about wait times on tickets... so... perhaps YOU have the trouble reading.
    No I can read their e-mail perfectly well. They said you've submitted multiple tickets about issues that should not be dealt with through tickets.

The anvils in dalaran (sorry for not reading your mind about that...) is not something that is preventing your game play from carrying on. In fact the forum post you linked clearly said there were anvils working in Dalaran. There is a bug report system already in place.

"complaints about...changes or current support workflows"

That line suggests you aren't limiting your complaints to game design issues. In fact the complain about current support workflows issue does imply that you complained about the wait time for support i.e. submitted a ticket about wait times on tickets.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of issues, a lot of issues people don't see, won't see or choose to ignore.
    Most of the people on these forums will defend the game to their death, ignoring blatent bugs.

If this were any other game, 1 bug would have the forums fuming/trolling/whatever.

Personally I get on with it, even if missing an entire daily hub which ruined my being first on realm with exalted Lotus. Thanks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Bugs go into a priority list. Bugs that don't really affect anything would be very low priority. The anvils bug would be very low priority since there's an anvil only a few feet away (in the engineering shop) that works. That it hasn't been fixed yet is annoying, but not important in any way.
    while im not jumping on the "yes youre paying for beta" bandwagon i can sort of see an underlying point to his post.

you say that things like he posted about go into a low priority list, which i completely understand, some things are ment and need to be fixed over others. but the underlying point, im my opinion, is that this bug has existed since may and still not been fixed. which means there must be a shit ton more bugs theyre working on or possibly dont care.

like i said, im neither for or against the "pay for beta" arguement but i do feel that ever since cata was released the hot fixes have become more frequent. obviously bugs are always going to be present but it really does seem like some of the stuff is not fully tested. just my opinion however, dont burn me at the stake

Usually I don't.

But today... I just hit revered with Golden Lotus and the quest Battle Helm of the Thunder King or whatever is bugged. I can understand some bugs making it to live, but this is a huge bug that wil affect everyone doing the dailies. And the part that really gets me mad is it was apparently reported numerous times in beta >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    only real bug i've seen is the inability to loot some mobs. while annoying it is also easy to get around. pull over other mob. kill near first. loot. due to aoe looting, all items are looted. still needs fixed though.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Configer View Post
    try goingh through the golden lotus dailys for a week , then come back to me and say to me you havnt had eny problems. for new content . this is old school programer error , its like playing a Zx spectrum game .
    i've done the golden lotus dailies every day since i hit 90, three days after the x-pac went live, and have not had one problem.

The only issues I have had is where the quest marker on the map was in the wrong spot when doing a couple quests in Dead Wastes. Besides that I haven't seen any bugs at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I ask this question because of the serrious affect of bugs that is happening to the daily golden lotus quests . Its allways a case of eather one or another of the quests being buged out for one reason or another . 5 day Gm tickets dont help the matter eather. theres a issue here and it shouldnt be overlooked . serrious rep is being lost her due to blizzards bad costomer service , do you think this is because of the layoffs they made ? or is it just because they just dont give a fuck ?
    About your ticket time issue...

Really?

Ive posted around 3-4 tickets about various things since MoP launched, and probably the longest i had to wait was 6 hours?...

Quickest was about 40 mins, which was an account security issue so im glad they hopped onto it asap

And to answer your question, no, no i dont. This expac has to be the second cleanest release for me, Cata was pretty much on the money with no bugs from my experience. BC and Lich King were dogs breakfasts

try goingh through the golden lotus dailys for a week , then come back to me and say to me you havnt had eny problems. for new content . this is old school programer error , its like playing a Zx spectrum game .
    I'm almost revered with Golden Lotus. I have had one issue with it, when the NPC at the lake phased out. That was one day.

Either you've just had bad luck with bugs or like someone else said, you're just here to complain about everything.

I think you should try out beta at some point to give yourself some context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    while im not jumping on the "yes youre paying for beta" bandwagon i can sort of see an underlying point to his post.

you say that things like he posted about go into a low priority list, which i completely understand, some things are ment and need to be fixed over others. but the underlying point, im my opinion, is that this bug has existed since may and still not been fixed. which means there must be a shit ton more bugs theyre working on or possibly dont care.
    Well I'm not saying that it doesn't need to be fixed, and five months is kind of ridiculous, but the person I was replying to doesn't seem to understand how the system works so I wanted to make that part clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, it's silly to think they would work bugs out of thousands of lines of coding when there are whole sections of the game that haven't been tested at all.

I haven´t had a single bug doing GL yet. I have had nodes that I couldn´t touch, and a had one of my crops in halfhill that I couldn´t click (until I phased out and phased back in). I haven´t had any quest related bugs yet.

And even still, there are probably 1500 quests added in this expansion.. you really think if a few of them bug out that is beta? Mozilla has been out for like 10 years, and tonight I still had to download a patch that was nothing but bug fixes. You really need to get a grip if you think wow is buggy.. my guess is you never played any other MMORPG:

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 05:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    About your ticket time issue...

Really?

Ive posted around 3-4 tickets about various things since MoP launched, and probably the longest i had to wait was 6 hours?...

Quickest was about 40 mins, which was an account security issue so im glad they hopped onto it asap

And to answer your question, no, no i dont. This expac has to be the second cleanest release for me, Cata was pretty much on the money with no bugs from my experience. BC and Lich King were dogs breakfasts
    This is a guy who gets killed in a BG and reports it as a bug. No doubt half the gms have him on ignore. I am betting a print out of some of his tickets are taped to the frig door in the break room. ´where is the ´any´ key´??

No, I don't get that feeling.

I didn't get that feeling in Wrath either, nor in Cataclysm.

For me.

TBC/Wrath > Panda Man of Mystery >>>>>>>>> Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-10-11 at 06:30 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Yes, with all these bugs regarding dailies not phasing you correctly or just not working, abilities being broken, tooltips not changed from beta>live, world bosses not spawning, and many other things that I could spend a day typing, I feel like they obviously released this game earlier than intended and that the beta essentially meant absolutely nothing. When quick leveling opportunities and various bugs are being reported and were not fixed before release, it's clear they did not put much thought into it and figured a quick release would be better than a quality release.

That said, it seems that they are fixing things slowly, and patching them to make up for the early release, much like they are doing at the moment with Diablo 3. I have come to expect these sort of things though and am not surprised, if anyone is then they obviously haven't been playing for more than a week.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-11 at 11:38 AM.