Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    So it really boils down to preference?
    mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaze48 View Post
    So does the 40% from a 2H only effect attack speed and NOT Energy regen even though it shows as flat Haste on your character sheet? I was under the impression with Haste being such a good stat for Brews that an extra 40% would make a 2H the clear and only choice...
    it does not. I'm not sure why blizzard shows it like that but it is not 40% haste... just attack speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    This is completely incorrect. There is one attack result roll. Hit, miss, crit, dodge, parry, and glancing blow are all one random roll.
    Would you be able to provide proof of that? I must admit I'm going entirely by memory so I fully accept if I'm wrong, would just be nice to update my internal records, so to speak.

Deleted
    Everything being equal, DW is slightly ahead of 2h. This is true for both WW and BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Would you be able to provide proof of that? I must admit I'm going entirely by memory so I fully accept if I'm wrong, would just be nice to update my internal records, so to speak.
    It goes back years, to the 102.4% block chance discussion, crit-capping, etc. I can't cite a direct, authoritative source because like nearly all theorycrafting it's all been determined by people in the community. Go ask a tank forum, and they'll give you the same answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Attack_table

http://www.wowpedia.org/Attack_table

Google is hard =P
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-10-11 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Posted wowpedia link, google still hard
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I may have found the answer to the "Jab Glyph Problem", correct me if i am mistaken again...

Brewing: Elusive Brew generates Stacks of Elusive Brew based on the attack speed of the autohits, slow hits = more stacks per crit, fast hits = less stacks per hit. It seems to change whether i have haste buffs or not in dungeons, makign me gettign 2 stacks whiel unbuffed in sw, or only 1 stack in a dungeon.

still i find it strange that it changed from 3 stacks in the beginning to 1 now, as i still get the impression that i generate less stacks than before. but if my "solution" is correct, could anyone share the attackspeed needed for the different amount of stacks? that would be cool :>

greetings

This is a highly misleading statement. Yes, DW will get more crits than 2h, but not because there are more hits. More hits don't get you more crits, more swings do. Increasing your hit chance does not increase your crit chance.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 09:31 AM ----------

This is completely incorrect. There is one attack result roll. Hit, miss, crit, dodge, parry, and glancing blow are all one random roll.
    You have slightly contradicted yourself in these statements. Technically, if you have very high amounts of crit, but low hit, the one roll attack table would cause you to have some wasted crit chance because the miss chance would eat into that, and hit rating would raise that chance. Hypothetically.

Quote Originally Posted by vgfreak2008 View Post
    You have slightly contradicted yourself in these statements. Technically, if you have very high amounts of crit, but low hit, the one roll attack table would cause you to have some wasted crit chance because the miss chance would eat into that, and hit rating would raise that chance. Hypothetically.
    Yes, because a few classes (maybe just Rogues?) were beginning to run into the crit-ceiling. Any crit beyond a given amount of hit is wasted because every attack you make is either a crit or a miss. So by increasing the amount of hit they had, they increased the number of crits they could make as long as their crit continued to be at or above the threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tombard View Post
    I may have found the answer to the "Jab Glyph Problem", correct me if i am mistaken again...

Brewing: Elusive Brew generates Stacks of Elusive Brew based on the attack speed of the autohits, slow hits = more stacks per crit, fast hits = less stacks per hit. It seems to change whether i have haste buffs or not in dungeons, makign me gettign 2 stacks whiel unbuffed in sw, or only 1 stack in a dungeon.

still i find it strange that it changed from 3 stacks in the beginning to 1 now, as i still get the impression that i generate less stacks than before. but if my "solution" is correct, could anyone share the attackspeed needed for the different amount of stacks? that would be cool :>

greetings
    Are you taking into account that you probably upgraded from a 3.6 speed 2-handed weapon to the 3.2 speed heroic dungeon staves?

Deleted
    I have a question about 2H vs DW when it comes to what enchant one should be using. "The Madgod", your guide tells me i should be using Dancing Steel. Does this apply to both weapons if DW?

If so, how does the proccing work when using 2H vs DW? Does Dancing Steel have an internal CD affecting the "other" Dancing Steel enchant? Is it better to get another enchant to avoid that?

Also, Dancing Steel costs a fortune now. What enchant/enchants should we use if the budget wont allow Dancing Steel?
    Last edited by mmocfc8aff6510; 2012-10-12 at 04:20 AM.

It does however affect your chance to hit, which means more opportunities to crit. We use a two roll system: first checks if you hit, the second checks if you crit. So if you fail that first roll, you're missing opportunities to even check if you've critted or not.

It's what happened last I heard, at any rate. So indirectly, yes, it does affect your chance to crit.
    Auto attacks are only 1 roll, unless they changed it for Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    Yes, because a few classes (maybe just Rogues?) were beginning to run into the crit-ceiling. Any crit beyond a given amount of hit is wasted because every attack you make is either a crit or a miss. So by increasing the amount of hit they had, they increased the number of crits they could make as long as their crit continued to be at or above the threshold.
    All agility classes ran into crit-cap issues in ICC. Don't think that has actually happened since(outside of very specific abilities)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epaconny View Post
    Also, Dancing Steel costs a fortune now. What enchant/enchants should we use if the budget wont allow Dancing Steel?
    I'm using Windsong, my 463 staff isn't worth a 15k enchant =P No one in guild even has the pattern yet.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

This is a highly misleading statement. Yes, DW will get more crits than 2h, but not because there are more hits. More hits don't get you more crits, more swings do. Increasing your hit chance does not increase your crit chance.
    A crit is always also a hit. Also, i never claimed that you get more crits because you hit more often. I said that you get more hits and more crits for the same reason.

Besides, you apparently don't understand how the melee hit table works. If you have more crit% than you have non-glancing hits(that is, swings that actually hit the target), everything above those hits is wasted. Getting more hit in this case will in fact increase the number of crits per time.

im kinda puzzled by this myself. looking at some of the fist weps id say one of the best to dw would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=81286 boasting hit/expertise.. or http://www.wowhead.com/item=81245 if you prefer crit/haste vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=81247 .. the 2her equivalent of choice

i noticed the 2her has 900 agi and 1350 stam.. vs 2 of the fist wep would be 770 agi and 1156 stam
    this is a difference of 130 agi and almost 200 stamina if you choose to dw.. possibly balanced by the fact that you can enchant 2 weps when dwing.

all in all i jus assumed BrM was spose to 2h.. while dw would be left for windwalkers.. who knows maybe its viable to dw as a tank after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    im kinda puzzled by this myself. looking at some of the fist weps id say one of the best to dw would be http://www.wowhead.com/item=81286 boasting hit/expertise.. or http://www.wowhead.com/item=81245 if you prefer crit/haste vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=81247 .. the 2her equivalent of choice
    Think you answered your own question with the fact that both DW weapons get a separate enchant. In regards to Hit/Expertise vs Crit/Haste we need them both so that doesn't really matter, especially at 463. What you'd want to avoid are items with Mastery on them unless you have so much Hit/Expertise that you can't reforge down to the caps.
    [/URL]

Bring back DW frost tanking!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Are you taking into account that you probably upgraded from a 3.6 speed 2-handed weapon to the 3.2 speed heroic dungeon staves?
    i am not, for i am lvl 60 and using the heirloom agi staff does not chaneg the fact that i am reading deep into the mechanics and i foudn this interesting....problem.