1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059

    Need a Japanese phrase translated

    あなたはたくさんの愛

    there is the phrase. Google translate doesn't quite get the correct translation since its not perfect, so could anyone who actually speaks japanese translate this for me?

  2. #2
    That sentence doesn't really make much sense. I'm not exactly fluent but it says something to the effect of "you have a lot of love" or something.... (very roughly translated... don't quote me on it)
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  3. #3
    Blademaster Ratcliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    42
    "meet me at the shithouse"

    But "shithouse" is used as a feminine verb.

    Near as I can tell. Hope it helps.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral Carmakazie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The road less traveled
    Posts
    1,059
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    That sentence doesn't really make much sense. I'm not exactly fluent but it says something to the effect of "you have a lot of love" or something.... (very roughly translated... don't quote me on it)
    that is more or less what google translate said.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    "meet me at the shithouse"

    But "shithouse" is used as a feminine verb.

    Near as I can tell. Hope it helps.
    it all makes sense now. I thank you good sir

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    that is more or less what google translate said.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:12 AM ----------



    it all makes sense now. I thank you good sir
    Yea it's missing something to have it make actual sense.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  6. #6
    "You are a lot of love."

    If that sounds broken, that's because it is. You're missing either half a sentence or some particles or most likely both.

    Are you sure it's not あなた?
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-10-11 at 05:26 AM.

  7. #7
    I'd go with the shithouse one. Not because it is right but because it seems more entertaining.

  8. #8
    what is it trying to say? or has someone sent it to you and you can't translate?

  9. #9
    あなたはたくさんの

    Hiragana/Kanji - Romaji - Meaning

    あなた - anata= refers to the person spoken too

    は - wa/ha = Subject marker Particle

    たくさんの - Takusan no = a lot of

    の - no - possessive Particle

    愛 - ai = love

    Romaji:
    Anata wa Takusan no Ai.

    You are loved loved a lot or you have a lot of love might be a meaning, but then again I am not a Japanese speaker though I have been Self studying a bit on and off. This just a guess based upon what info is given
    Last edited by Hablion; 2012-10-11 at 05:44 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    You are loved loved a lot or you have a lot of love might be a meaning, but then again I am not a Japanese speaker though I have been Self studying a bit on and off. This just a guess based upon what info is given
    It's really just putting the pieces you got together, "You (anata) are (ha) a lot of (takusan no) love (ai)". The sentence is the problem.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    420
    The sentence does not make any sense as others have already said, maybe you could tell us the context in which this phrase was used so we can try to fix it/add the missing parts.
    Last edited by Orochiro; 2012-10-11 at 07:09 AM.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Beavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    2,836
    No verb dude.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •