Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I don't know if you missed my post, but on IE:

- no headers over the input fields. The results show Guild @ Server, when the input fields are Server then Guild. It wouldn't work if I typed it the other way
    I need to fire up an old VM with IE on it to test it, but yes the labels for the input fields would not work because I am using the HTML5 placeholder tag.
    Do you have IE8? Try IE9/10 it might work better for u, or get Chrome/Firefox till i fix IE

Thanks

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronoss View Post
    I need to fire up an old VM with IE on it to test it, but yes the labels for the input fields would not work because I am using the HTML5 placeholder tag.
    Do you have IE8? Try IE9/10 it might work better for u, or get Chrome/Firefox till i fix IE

Thanks
    That's fine if they are in there in other browsers. I use Chrome at home, but I was checking it with an office computer. We have no choice and are chained to the outdated IE garbage. Just wanted to make sure it was just localized to older version of IE.

New update:
    * Fix colors (red means enchanted=false)
    * Add Class icons & class name colors
    * Implement Sorting
    * Enchant counting

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:03 AM ----------

That's fine if they are in there in other browsers. I use Chrome at home, but I was checking it with an office computer. We have no choice and are chained to the outdated IE garbage. Just wanted to make sure it was just localized to older version of IE.
    Hehe, I know what u mean, I will try to fix IE, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

New update:
    * Fix colors (red means enchanted=false)
    * Add Class icons & class name colors
    * Implement Sorting
    * Enchant counting
    Awesome. *looks* so much slicker then last night. Sorts like a champ too. (love that you did every category, to make for easier importing into guild info)

Spec (or role?) icon next to class icon would still be nice. (with class/spec text on mouseover for both)

Guess I'd have to bring up pvp gear too, but I'm not sure what functionality you're given in that regard.

Deleted
    I like it, it's clean, fast and conveys the needed information. For the IE8 problem I wouldn't invest too much effort. As a web developer I developed an upgrade or die attitude lately. It's not too much to ask to use use a browser that's not over 3 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Awesome. *looks* so much slicker then last night. Sorts like a champ too. (love that you did every category, to make for easier importing into guild info)

Spec (or role?) icon next to class icon would still be nice. (with class/spec text on mouseover for both)

Guess I'd have to bring up pvp gear too, but I'm not sure what functionality you're given in that regard.
    That would be useful, but a lot of times people won't always log out in their main spec, but will look into it,
    Maybe adding 2 spec icons would be good, and activated spec would have a glow or something.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    I like it, it's clean, fast and conveys the needed information. For the IE8 problem I wouldn't invest too much effort. As a web developer I developed an upgrade or die attitude lately. It's not too much to ask to use use a browser that's not over 3 years old.
    Hehe, yes I agree with you, but as you can see somewhere in this thread, corporations limit what browsers their employees can use, and this is the main reason developers keep having to support old browsers.
    Last edited by kronoss; 2012-10-12 at 02:22 PM.
    Audit your entire guild in one shot:
    http://www.wowcheck.com
    MMO-Champion thread for wowcheck

Deleted
    Hehe, yes I agree with you, but as you can see somewhere in this thread, corporations limit what browsers their employees can use, and this is the main reason developers keep having to support old browsers.
    Disagree here too. If your client/employer specifically asks you to develop for some old broweser then yes. For some fan project for a MMO you do in your spare time, I wouldn't. Web developers had to put up with IE6 crap for such a long time and now that that abomination slowly fades out of existence the cycle starts anew with IE8? But that's just a personal opinion, if you want to support these poor corporate souls, it's your time and I don't want to derail this thread.

you're preaching to the choir

actually pretty awesome thanks

smile!! Hearts loves you!!

Anyone else noticing their armory page isn't actually showing any sockets or gems?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Anyone else noticing their armory page isn't actually showing any sockets or gems?
    Yes, I am noticing that, which kinda sucks because now I feel that it is my duty to add socket checks on mine

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang...now it doesn't work at all on this outdated IE lol. I agree that you shouldn't be developing for this garbage either. I'll check out the changes when I get home on Chrome and it will make my raid invites a lot easier this weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really cool site. I'll be linking it to my GM so he can use it for quick checks before raids.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by tuuvaak View Post
    actually pretty awesome thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Really cool site. I'll be linking it to my GM so he can use it for quick checks before raids.
    thanks guys

will you be able to implement a way to track raid attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Because if you want to check all of your raiders at once, you can't do that on the Armory. Using the Armory you'd have to go through person by person to look at their item level and summary. I know how much of a pain it is because I just did it a week ago for my guild to see which of our main raiders were ready to go.

For me, the site isn't working right now. I get nothing coming up, just the Name, Ave Item Leve, etc headers. Even when I click on someone else's "recent searches" link, nothing comes up. Just blank white page on the left side under the headers.
    ilvl means nothing. dammage done, heals per second, survivability, and of course situational awareness are all that matter.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    ilvl means nothing. dammage done, heals per second, survivability, and of course situational awareness are all that matter.
    As the expansion has been out for three weeks or so now, ilvl at this point is an significant indicator of how much effort one will put into playing their character. If they can't even get into LFR by now, they aren't likely to be raid ready in the first place. The rest I completely agree with. (but I'd also toss in "resource management" and "awareness of off-healing capabilities.")
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else having issues with this basically never pulling updated information? Mine was still showing a significantly lower iLvl from my character who had been logged off and on several times over the days before I checked it last.

Can the OP/creator give any insight as to how this pulls the information, because it doesn't seem to synch with the armory?

Deleted
    Is anyone else having issues with this basically never pulling updated information? Mine was still showing a significantly lower iLvl from my character who had been logged off and on several times over the days before I checked it last.

Can the OP/creator give any insight as to how this pulls the information, because it doesn't seem to synch with the armory?
    It's a bug with the Armory. The EU armory has struggled to update itself for days now which means all sites using its API are suffering for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas1999 View Post
    It's a bug with the Armory. The EU armory has struggled to update itself for days now which means all sites using its API are suffering for it.
    Well that's a pretty significant bug. You would think they would have that fixed soon. It's been like this for at least a week it seems. Also, I'm US so it must be system wide.

Thanks for the update. I had no idea.