Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Beast Mastery Stat Priority [Mastery vs Haste]

    Hey guys, I've looked around at various websites, used different optimisers and spoken to different hunters, however, I have recieved split results as to what is better for BM. I personally have not tried both in raids, so please don't bash me for that, but my question is does anyone know which stat wins in the Mastery vs Haste argument for BM hunters? I am currently using Mastery over Haste.

    If you could also provide a source on your answer, that would help me alot. I'm currently fine with the damage I'm doing; I've ranked on all the fights I've done so far (currently progressing on Will; ought to be down this week) but if there's something I can change to increase my damage output, obviously, I'd make the changes.

    Thanks in advance

    Veej

  2. #2
    Uhm it is crit ---> haste ---> mastery ? At least that says noxxic.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    Uhm it is crit ---> haste ---> mastery ? At least that says noxxic.
    Noxxic says mastery is better than haste but i dont know how accurate outside websites are but noxxic have been pretty accurate and up to date

    would make sense if mastery was better seeing that nearly half your dps is from your pet

    though crit is still the best stat atm


    EDIT* looking at Icy veins it says haste is actually better than mastery for BM so if anyone has been solidly testing i would like to know

  4. #4
    Mechagnome warex00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    514
    Try sim it maybe?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Noxxic says mastery is better than haste but i dont know how accurate outside websites are but noxxic have been pretty accurate and up to date

    would make sense if mastery was better seeing that nearly half your dps is from your pet

    though crit is still the best stat atm


    EDIT* looking at Icy veins it says haste is actually better than mastery for BM so if anyone has been solidly testing i would like to know
    Do you see where I'm having problems. You have just said that all three stats are good. Mastery is good, crit is good, haste is good, according to different sources. No offence, but this is the kind of reply I am trying to avoid and keep out of this thread.

    Please only reply if you know of a source that can actually confirm and be trusted to be correct, that a certain stat is significantly superior to one or both of the others.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome warex00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Hey guys, I've looked around at various websites, used different optimisers and spoken to different hunters, however, I have recieved split results as to what is better for BM. I personally have not tried both in raids, so please don't bash me for that, but my question is does anyone know which stat wins in the Mastery vs Haste argument for BM hunters? I am currently using Mastery over Haste.

    If you could also provide a source on your answer, that would help me alot. I'm currently fine with the damage I'm doing; I've ranked on all the fights I've done so far (currently progressing on Will; ought to be down this week) but if there's something I can change to increase my damage output, obviously, I'd make the changes.

    Thanks in advance

    Veej
    Well the best way to find out is take your characters gear and sim it with different reforges

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Try sim it maybe?
    I've used femaledwarf to sim my character, but unless I'm setting it up incorrectly, it's telling me to use AMoC instead of Lynx Rush. I don't know if that's entirely correct, therefore I don't know if the overall results are either.

  8. #8
    Just compare the damage of your spells (which is rather difficult because as BM Kill Command is listed under your pet)
    No matter what specc, auto shot always deals the most damage for me, after that arcane shot.

    Knowing that auto deals most damage and is only affected by crit and haste, I would assume that crit and haste are best, (critting auto shots give focus to your pet with Go for the throat, so faster auto shots => more crits => more focus => more dmg) But overall you have to compare how much DMG your pet actually does, and I have seen numbers where your pet actually outdps his master :P

  9. #9
    Mechagnome warex00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I've used femaledwarf to sim my character, but unless I'm setting it up incorrectly, it's telling me to use AMoC instead of Lynx Rush. I don't know if that's entirely correct, therefore I don't know if the overall results are either.

    afaik, AMoC is actually better on patchwerk fights. However in reallity, LR goes ahead for different reasons. Dont have much exp with FD. But ive heard good things about them. I will however recomend Simcraft

    - http://simulationcraft.org/

  10. #10
    I would say that the order is Crit>Mastery>Haste and the femaledwarf.com site supports that. Also for BM, even though AMoC does sim out higher on single target fights, I still prefer Lynx Rush because it's awesome if you get more than one mob on you or in AOE situations. It doesn't get parried as often as some people are saying and maybe FD has it wrong as well. The only problem I have noticed is that in the Golden Lotus daily to kill the Behemoth, Lynx Rush will not work for some strange reason. It keeps saying out of range but all other pet attacks hit just fine.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    If you want burst, mastery is king. This is how people are doing 250k+ dps right at the start of a fight.
    If you want sustained DPS, crit is -slightly- better.

    Haste is not ideal, comparatively. Haste became worse in MoP - we were given even more instant casts than we had already. Get enough to where you're comfortable with your focus regen, and then don't worry about it. You probably won't be able to get cobra shot down to a 1.66 sec cast without FF/RF to fit in an extra global any time soon (not that I'm even certain you'd want that much - you probably wouldn't), and ~1.33 sec cast under those effects is achievable with somewhere around 1400 haste (easy).

  12. #12
    Out of curious, Does AMOC get benefits from mastery? I heard it does.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Out of curious, Does AMOC get benefits from mastery? I heard it does.
    Yes, it does.

  14. #14
    I have a feeling that, although Haste doesn't sim well at all for BM, it's the preferable secondary stat after Crit. My logic behind it is fairly simple; with bosses that require cleaving/target shifting, you're going to have to start hitting Cobra Shot or/and Multi-Shot on a regular basis. Atm, this is a fairly large issue for us. We simply need more focus, faster. Given that when hitting multiple targets, our pet's dps becomes secondary, mastery pretty much drops off the planet as a concern. In single target fights, then ofc Mastery will be superior, as we can maintain focus fairly well.

    I would also like to see what type of Cobra Shot speed most people are aiming for, outside of/and with haste effects.

  15. #15
    Haste is one of those "feel" things, personally i only have about 600 haste i put everything into crit and mastery, its not uncommon for my pet to actually beat me slightly in damage cause he does so much.

  16. #16
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    when hitting multiple targets.
    When hitting multiple targets, you should be survival. When doing bosses that require constant target switching, you should be survival. In fact, survival is pretty much better for every boss this tier.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    When hitting multiple targets, you should be survival. When doing bosses that require constant target switching, you should be survival. In fact, survival is pretty much better for every boss this tier.
    BM is parsing notably higher on at least half of the bosses.

  18. #18
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    BM is parsing notably higher on at least half of the bosses.
    False. Try not checking 10 man rankings that noone gives a damn about. SV is WAAAAY higher on Stone Guard, Feng (try heroic lol), and WotE. On the other 3, its within 1%. I'm tired of people spreading misinformation.

    BM is only better on patchwerk fights, and in 10 mans where random buffs are needed. Stop believing everything sims and forums tell you and maybe you'll be a better player.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    False. Try not checking 10 man rankings that noone gives a damn about. SV is WAAAAY higher on Stone Guard, Feng (try heroic lol), and WotE. On the other 3, its within 1%. I'm tired of people spreading misinformation.

    BM is only better on patchwerk fights, and in 10 mans where random buffs are needed. Stop believing everything sims and forums tell you and maybe you'll be a better player.
    I see 3 fights where BM parses ahead, not sure what your point is.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered View Post
    False. Try not checking 10 man rankings that noone gives a damn about. SV is WAAAAY higher on Stone Guard, Feng (try heroic lol), and WotE. On the other 3, its within 1%. I'm tired of people spreading misinformation.

    BM is only better on patchwerk fights, and in 10 mans where random buffs are needed. Stop believing everything sims and forums tell you and maybe you'll be a better player.
    Funny thing is the bulk of raiders don't give a damn about 25m... Most raiding guilds do 10 mans now.

    Look at the main page World first was a 10 man guild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •