Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Monks are OP in running away.

Roll, roll, roll your monk,
    Gently down the map.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Survival is but a roll

Mistweaver is just as any other healer so yeah...Not a problem if you have +3 people!
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Monks are OP in running away.

Roll, roll, roll your monk,
    Gently down the map.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Survival is but a roll

Mistweaver is just as any other healer so yeah...Not a problem if you have +3 people!
    that didn't rhyme...

As enhc, I haven't felt pressured by a WW monk yet, at all in PVP. Feels like they do next to 0 damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest class I've faced yet. And I'm a friggin rogue. I should be a faceroll for most classes....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Monks are the new shamans of wow. This alone should some it up nicely.
    Good that they are weak seeing as that comic strip class shouldn't be in the game in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i know is that they stun me when i hit them with charge stun, like everyone else

little do they know, their fear and inability to face the warrior without blanket ccing him only feeds his rage bar

feel like they suck worse than rogues lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcf86ad View Post
    I was just slightly curious how Over powered the monk class is. I was planning on leveling one and am trying to figure out if it is gonna be my new raider or new pvper.
    I am not an expert in PVP, but so far with the little PVP i had they are not overpowered in damage, but they are kinda overpowered in movement, since if they want to disengage, they can create huge gap (dont know exactly, but im guessing like 150 yard gap) in a second.

So if you dont kill it with a stun+burst when he is low and he wants to get the hell out of there he will.

Well, can't say, only faced them at levels 20-68, and i killed them all with my warrior tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Awesome, the best monk spec is a healer... Have fun in pvp dps monks.
    to be honest, this isn't unexpected, paladins and shamans both have poor histories with their dps specs being pvp viable.

i find mistweavers frustrating to kill due to their mobility and control, they have a lot of potential as healers, i think monk/mage/rogue might be a really really solid comp given the weaknesses of priests currently and the monk replicates a lot of the priest's offensive control. i think few people are playing them because other healers are better (coughdruidsshamanscough) and that people have still not quite figured out how they synergize with other classes.

windwalkers i think are undertuned i have no played one personally but from what i hear their mechanics are a bit clumsy to use.
    i personally think blizz intentionally undertuned monks because of how powerful death knights were.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2012-10-12 at 08:51 PM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    they have the surprise factor

if you find one in arena the first thing you think is "what the heck does that panda do"

10+ Year Old Account
    As a WW Monk with almost full Dreadful Glad, I can tell you, Monks are sub par in PvP. Brewmaster is even worse than WW, don't even bother with them. They have extremely shitty PvP survivability compared to the other tanks (especially the OP Blood DKs)

Never tried out healing Monks, heard they do better than WW and Brewmasters, but that's not saying much.

WWs have ZERO CC breakers. I think they are the only melee DPS spec in the game with 0 cooldowns to deal with stuns and fears. If you get caught up in one (which is about 5 times per fight), then you're pretty much fucked. Don't bother relying on that 2m PvP trinket, because you'll only be feared/stunned again 2 seconds after you use it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    WWs have ZERO CC breakers. I think they are the only melee DPS spec in the game with 0 cooldowns to deal with stuns and fears. If you get caught up in one (which is about 5 times per fight), then you're pretty much fucked. Don't bother relying on that 2m PvP trinket, because you'll only be feared/stunned again 2 seconds after you use it.
    Yep, I consider this a major flaw of the class. It's the only melee class with 0 specific ways to break fears and stuns. This means you have to rely on the trinket, which is stupid considering how fears are flying around.