Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How Op are Monks so far in Pvp?

I was just slightly curious how Over powered the monk class is. I was planning on leveling one and am trying to figure out if it is gonna be my new raider or new pvper.

As far as I can tell, they're not at all.

Good for raiding, not so good for PvPing has been my observation so far. Buuuuut I haven't tried it in PvP yet and don't ever plan to, so take that with a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf86ad View Post
    I was just slightly curious how Over powered the monk class is. I was planning on leveling one and am trying to figure out if it is gonna be my new raider or new pvper.
    No spec of monk is op in anyway in PvP.

Deleted
    the windwalker monk is a freekill for the most other classes :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf86ad View Post
    You should totally roll a monk. You'll be pwning nubs left and right in pvp AND pve. Heck even hunters with sporebat pets run away in fear at the sight of an encroaching WW. BM monks are also some of the best tanks in the game. You will be so leet if you do .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-11 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    This is gonna turn into a qq fest pretty fast Personally I love my windwalker so far, I don't think it's OP in any way, but I'd say it's decent against most specs. There is no class I can't take head on 1v1.

Monks are not OP, but are very powerful if you know how to play one. I know fully how to play a WW in pvp, I can kill anyone 1v1, and even take several classes 2v1 and win, or at least kill one of them before dying.

The problem is since its a wide belief that monks suck in pvp, its hard to find any RBG groups, for those of us who know how to play one.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Mistweaver monk's are fine in arena, If played well ofcourse. And as Pandragon is mentioning it ain't easy to get in to a RBG! I got luck and got a guild wich can use me in RBG. And got 1890 CR and 2.2k MMR. But yeah for the pugger it ain't gonna be easy to get into a RBG.

Sorry for my bad english!! I suck at it

Deleted
    Actually, never had a problem against any monk yet as a rusted hunter. I think they are still a lil bit weak, but that will change I guess

Deleted
    Yeah i hope so... As i dont like about the monks, Is that we need to go midfight to get a cc off! wich makes us vunerable to cc aswell. And we dont have anythig to avoid cc ( only trinket en los ) But i said, On the rest we are fine. We have some of the greatest burst healing!

Deleted
    No idea!

Went against one yesterday in 2s monk / bm hunter (not like hunters play any other spec in pvp) vs me (rogue) / lock

bombed the monk and ripped him apart, his hp went down in seconds, then back up to half then just died.

After fighting the rare monk elites I know to move away from the spinning kick thing :P the monk tanked me for a few seconds before his hp went boom.

It's hard to tell.

I really haven't seen many at 90 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    You should totally roll a monk. You'll be pwning nubs left and right in pvp AND pve. Heck even hunters with sporebat pets will run away in fear at the sight of an encroaching WW. BM monks are also some of the best tanks in the game. You will be so leet if you do .
    hehe, agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks are like bass, easy to ''play'' but hard to master.
    So a Monk is pretty much a free kill since everyone is dumb out here
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Actually, never had a problem against any monk yet as a rusted hunter. I think they are still a lil bit weak, but that will change I guess
    You shouldnt have a problem against anyone as a hunter tbh.

It's unclear atm. One thing for sure - they aren't grossly OP as DKs were on start, but we've to wait and see when mainstream monk setups will be established and check how they'll fair against other mainstream compositions. At first glance they're strong (well WW one), but nowhere near hunters with their out-of-nowhere burst.

Deleted
    PvP is really confusing atm.
    Did some pvp at 1900 rating yesterday, Frostmage (me) + BM hunter.
    We did a total of 4.300.000 damage over 67 sec, and yet the monk was standing (Healer).

His BM hunter mate then continued to rape us up with sick burst damage, as hunters tend to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    At lower levels the healing spec is just fucking ridiculous. You can outheal 2 - 3 people at a time if they don't throw CCs.

At 90, they're pretty lackluster. They don't post much threat, and they're easily combated.

Deleted
    Biggest problem for monks in pvp is that we're VERY easy kiteable... we don't got any mid range CC, unless we specc in it, and then give up a 5 sec AoE stun.

Another problem is that we're very squishy. We barely got any defensive cd's, and the one good CD we got is countered by just running away from us for 10 sec, or bursting us down and using a bubble or iceblock to remove the damage it causes...

However if you are able to get up close, and you can land your stuns and disarms. You can be deadly, and can even take out 1v2. But that relies on your oponent being bad

Deleted
    Monks are the new shamans of wow. This alone should some it up nicely.