Best profession to make gold.

I need some opinions on the best gold making profession right now in the game. I figured Transmog alchmist for the living steel transmute.

Deleted
    Inscription at the moment, due to DMF cards. And soon to add lots of shoulder enchants for those starting to raid

Gathering professions after that, as people buying up stock stupid fast.

Alchemy for LS (But that is dropping fast) / BS for belt buckles and/or epic patterns (Same with Tailor/LW although those 2 more focused on their "enchants")

JC/Enchanting will kick off now as more and more people start raiding

Take your pick =)

A lot of people seem to be tipping anywhere from 1-3k for darkmoon cards at the moment so i'd have to go with that. Friend of mine made 10k in about an hour from tips for cards. This was on a extremely high pop server though, and they probably got really lucky with tips too.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    A lot of people seem to be tipping anywhere from 1-3k for darkmoon cards at the moment so i'd have to go with that. Friend of mine made 10k in about an hour from tips for cards. This was on a extremely high pop server though, and they probably got really lucky with tips too.
    How did he do that? Inscription can only craft one card per day because it requires a Scroll of Wisdom.

OP, for the next week or two Inscription is on top. But diversify. People have 5+ characters at level 85 in many cases, so level every crafting profession and start looking for ways to make money through crafting or shuffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jewelcrafting and Enchanting are the most consistent gold making duo. Currently I'm making lots of profit with just JC'ing alone and would be making more if I levelled my Enchanting up to 600.

Transmog Alchemist is very good atm, but the pricing of Golden Lotus has lowered the amount of profit you can make from Flasks and transmuting Rare gems. However in an ideal world you want to have three as they all work exceptionally well together.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-11 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    How did he do that? Inscription can only craft one card per day because it requires a Scroll of Wisdom.

OP, for the next week or two Inscription is on top. But diversify. People have 5+ characters at level 85 in many cases, so level every crafting profession and start looking for ways to make money through crafting or shuffling.
    With no nerf in sight, inscription will remain the top moneymaking profession for the next several months.

Thousands of toons need epic trinkets to raid, and some of the Darkmoon trinkets will remain BiS for several months more, making scribes extremely wealthy.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Tranmog Alchemist? I guess you mean Transmute Alchemist.

Living Steel is no major money maker. Right now on my server mats go for 600 gold (or more, but just buy when it is cheap), and the Living steel sells for 950, maybe 1000 gold. That's 300-350 profit per day. Plus you get maybe a proc every week, thats 1000 extra gold. So on average maybe 3000 gold per week. Not bad, but certainly nothing big.

Transmuting coloured gems seems always to be a loss due to the high price of Golden Lotus. (275 gold on my server, while only Vermillion Onyx occasionaly sells above that.) (Main problem is that Perfect cuts of green quality gems drive prices down to the bottom + this early in the expansion people don't have many gem slots on gear.)

Transmuting metas is nice, but the problem here is demand. I find it very hard to sell even the popular cuts. Price is reasonably high and would yield a nice profit, but supply is clearly higher than demand right now, so you just get constantly undercut and nothing sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Jewelcrafting and Enchanting are the most consistent gold making duo. Currently I'm making lots of profit with just JC'ing alone and would be making more if I levelled my Enchanting up to 600.
    you doing the shuffle or just cutting gems and selling scrolls?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    you doing the shuffle or just cutting gems and selling scrolls?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18708888

That sums up my professions atm. I'm not using Enchanting because mine hasn't been levelled yet it's obvious that disenchanting the rings/necklaces is the best way to go atm, the problem is that uncommon gems are really useless atm because of transmuting changes which makes the uncommon gems less required to the point where disenchanting seems the only way on my server to get any profit from uncommon gems.

Deleted
    Inscription/herbalism
    Go to farm Fools'cap (i get 30 stacks in one hour) mill those, make inks--> make card and rest epic shoulder enchants what sells 1000-1300g. Cards sell 2k-15k at my server atm.
    Did 30k gold last night about 5 hours of farming =) I sell those other ink or make blue shoulder enchants what sells 50-100g for one. Pretty easy money.
    Or just make glyphs

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes i am also hear many time tips for cards is the one of the best way to made gold. You can try to do this and hope you will succeed.