10+ Year Old Account

Stone Guard Heroic: is wrong dog proc equal to failed try?

Hey,

how do you guys manage dogs in situation when single dog activates? For us it looks like this:

Tank................................................Tank
    dog A (0%).......................................dog B (0%) dog C (0%)

dog A (0%).......................................dog B (20%) dog C (20%)

activation on dog A

dog A (0%), dog B (22%).....................dog C (22%)

dog A (60%), dog B (82%)...................dog C (22%)

dog B (82%)......................................dog A (60%), dog C (22%)

dog B (82%)......................................dog A (100%), dog C (62%)

dog A explodes

dog B (82%)......................................dog A (0%), dog C (64%)

And here we are. Two dogs near explosion and next 20% we need to wait for next activation notice. Just in case our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uvk3nsyiildsbt9b/

I know we still have other issues and will be working on them, but situation described here is wipe for us. Any advise please?
    Last edited by valiorik; 2012-10-11 at 09:04 AM.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Not that it's an answer to your question, but if you want to solve that problem, give your Rogue Symbiosis and use him as a third tank - they get taunt and crit immunity/defense boosts (and can use evasion to take even less damage) for 30 seconds, meaning plenty of time for the dog to activate and the other two tanks to taunt correctly. It won't allow you to dps from the start, but it's a solution to that exact scenario. We had 3 tanks and 4 dogs in 25 man, and I'm honestly not entirely sure how they dealt with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Not that it's an answer to your question, but if you want to solve that problem, give your Rogue Symbiosis and use him as a third tank - they get taunt and crit immunity/defense boosts (and can use evasion to take even less damage) for 30 seconds, meaning plenty of time for the dog to activate and the other two tanks to taunt correctly. It won't allow you to dps from the start, but it's a solution to that exact scenario. We had 3 tanks and 4 dogs in 25 man, and I'm honestly not entirely sure how they dealt with it.
    It's a bit easier on 25man since you get another dog to pull to. Like you can get 33% on dog A, then 33% on dog B, and then 33% on dog C while making dog D explode. Or 50%, 50%, 0%, 100%. There are simply more options.
    Having all 4 dogs, however, results in more raid damage taken, but it is intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It's a bit easier on 25man since you get another dog to pull to. Like you can get 33% on dog A, then 33% on dog B, and then 33% on dog C while making dog D explode. Or 50%, 50%, 0%, 100%. There are simply more options.
    Having all 4 dogs, however, results in more raid damage taken, but it is intended.
    Yay, plus single dogs loose energy in 25m. It's 10m problem. We get less poo in raid, but have more troubles with dogs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    That's true of normal mode, not heroic however.
    Oh, beg your pardon in that case. Haven't been to 25m heroics yet. Only normals.

Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    dog A explodes

dog B (82%)......................................dog A (0%), dog C (64%)
    As far as I know A can NOT activate again right away, after exploding?! (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    If that's the case just get your tank who holds B ready to taunt A immediately as soon as B activates (C will probably be around 80ish % at this point?!). If C activates just keep your feet still and let C explode and continue from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    As far as I know A can NOT activate again right away, after exploding?! (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    If that's the case just get your tank who holds B ready to taunt A immediately as soon as B activates (C will probably be around 80ish % at this point?!). If C activates just keep your feet still and let C explode and continue from there.
    Right. We used to do so.
    But in most cases we will have 1 - 2 very short phases and most of the raid will be chained and room full of traps by that time.

I wish dogs would activate straight after explosions. Those several seconds between explosion and next activation are scary.

Right. We used to do so.
    But in most cases we will have 1 - 2 very short phases and most of the raid will be chained and room full of traps by that time.

I wish dogs would activate straight after explosions. Those several seconds between explosion and next activation are scary.
    Thinking back on our kill yesterday, it was never 20 seconds. Does their energy stack up faster? I was lighting up tiles, so I really didn't get to see much going on. But I know for a fact that some of our dog-phases lasted under 15 seconds (EG, one would explode, and we would have next one exploding less than 20 seconds later) - it just seems intended to work that way.
    Also, clear cobalt mines when the cobalt dog is up, take 90% less damage from them at that point.

Since no one has actually given an answer to this I'll do my best to help: Our guild killed this last night, on our kill attempt this exact thing happened, heres what I did

Dk tank: A B
    Pally tank (me): C (petrified)

I immediately taunted B so i had B at 15 and C at 0 by the time I had called for dk to switch I had B at 77 C at 62 and A at 15
    when C did his overload we had A at 53 C at 0 and B still at 77 then B did his petrify and I taunted over C and exploded B then continued the fight as normal. It requires tanks to be fast to give them more leg room when the wrong dogs petrify and always be prepared for the worst (I had B targetted for the whole start of the fight so I could taunt fast)

Hope this helps a little bit.
    Last edited by Uraga; 2012-10-12 at 06:48 AM.

Right. We used to do so.

2 words. Taunt pong. Depending on distance, you will have 1 dog traveling, and neither of the 3 dogs will gain energy. This is how you stagger and prevent a double overload.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    We ran with 4 tanks (25man) but we could of done it with 3, just felt like it made it easier. Each tank pulled a dog each at the start none of them were together. The main tank then taunts the active one so he has 2.

Non active which the main tank has gets roughly 30 energy then switches with another dog repeat with all dogs. As soon as the dog uses his explosion the other tank taunts the dog which did not explode. This way the main tank always has one with near on 0 energy to tank with the next explosion.
    Meanwhile during the explosion we have a tank free who runs around helping with the floor tiles and breaking cobalt mines.

Do remember that you need to use the active dog correctly.
    Jasper you can break chains. (Sometimes we went most of the try without getting a jasper rng bosses ftw)
    Cobalt everyone can break mines.
    However yes, if a non-active dog blows up, that's a wipe unless you somehow miraculously survive it.
    Tankadin in Aurora. 6/6HC MSV 6/6HC HOF 3/4HC Terrace 3 days a week (25).