Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    40 min+ on full pop server, people ninja-ing your mobs/cannons/barrels/fruits.
    Most high pop servers will also have people grouping up in general chat, causing everybody in the group to blaze through every single quest at high speed since the vast majority of objectives are shared, and those that aren't shared drop from mobs that all have shared quest loot anyways.
    14 days really isn't that bad, and if all you're after is gear, you can stop the second you hit revered. No need to 'punish' yourself to get to exalted.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  2. #22
    you can also accelerate by farming the guo-lai cache keys, same with the shards for klaxxi.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Most high pop servers will also have people grouping up in general chat, causing everybody in the group to blaze through every single quest at high speed since the vast majority of objectives are shared, and those that aren't shared drop from mobs that all have shared quest loot anyways.
    14 days really isn't that bad, and if all you're after is gear, you can stop the second you hit revered. No need to 'punish' yourself to get to exalted.
    Good point actually grouping up is cool, but I'm rather the guy who does everything alone. Thank god I was done long time ago with the golden lotus, I just hope blizz doesnt implement another faction like them. I love dailys and all but I just hate this faction.

  4. #24
    if you're only on once a week buy up some hozen peace pipes, should be pretty cheap on most realms by now.

  5. #25
    Warchief Kilpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,000
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    40 min+ on full pop server, people ninja-ing your mobs/cannons/barrels/fruits.
    How are they yours exactly? You think you saw it first?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdofherne View Post
    Pace myself? It's going to take about a YEAR as it is!?!? Doing one at a time would mean a year EACH faction.
    Can't win em all, you just got stuck with the short end of the stick. But yeah, I'm exalted with every MoP faction except Black Prince and Nat Pagle. Didn't have to do dailies every day.

  7. #27
    Epic! fengosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    How are they yours exactly? You think you saw it first?
    I do this really weird thing when I see someone tag a mob...I help them kill it. The sooner they get done, the less competition is around. Sometimes you even get a group invite of it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 01:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdofherne View Post
    Pace myself? It's going to take about a YEAR as it is!?!? Doing one at a time would mean a year EACH faction.
    If you're time limited the only faction I recommend repping is your 5.1 faction in Karasang Wilds. The offer the best rewards, have the best storyline and its only 5 quests per go.
    Last edited by fengosa; 2013-01-20 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling and/or grammar

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdofherne View Post
    So that's 14 days to hit Revered? I get to log in about once a week, so that's 3 and a half MONTHS to revered, how long to Exalted? :s

    I laugh at those that say "They only take 15 mins". I log in Sunday morning and have ALL DAY to play, I don't care how short they are I want to progress 7 days worth in one go. They changed the random heroic valor point rewards to allow for people with similar game time restrictions. Time to change the dailies.

    [Viable Solution]: Have tabards from each faction that allow all quests done at 90 to give rep to that faction and just have your Tabard Rep Quest Cap set to 25 or whatever. Then we can level quickly to 90, get a tabard on and go do the quests we skipped for rep. People would see far more of the World then and not get bored of the same 5 quests over and over. (Or, if they like the way it is now they could continue doing that.)

    Then, next expac, make ALL the (suitable) quests turn blue and repeatable when we hit Level cap so we can go repeat the quests we most ENJOYED!
    Viable solution to solve game's problems isn't to cater to people who log once a week.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Viable solution to solve game's problems isn't to cater to people who log once a week.
    If it were ONLY catering to them, that would be correct,but nor is it to cater ONLY to those that can log in for an hour every day. However, it IS to cater to everyone, which my solution pretty much does.

  10. #30
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    How are they yours exactly? You think you saw it first?
    Yeah they are mine if I get there and and try to click them or sprites that drop the barrels on the ground, those are mine if i pulled the mobs. People should stop beeing lazy and go look for others instead of ninja looting my stuff.
    Anyway I found a solution that my friend from a low pop server invites me to group and I do the dailys on his dead realm
    Last edited by Of-the-horde; 2013-01-20 at 01:47 PM.

  11. #31
    Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,164
    I think I'd like the Lotus more if it wasn't for the fact I've been trolled out of the next level of rep by a day almost every time. When I thought I'd hit honored with the next round of dailies, I was denied by like 200 rep. Then again, last night, when I thought I'd hit revered, I was once again short by about 200 rep. I managed to farm a cache key. Thinking that was that, I open a cache, and get a rare token that gives me 125 rep. Hooray for having to wait another 24 hours to do yet another quest just to get the last 73 rep. I mean sure, I could go and farm another key, but I may as well just leave it be and wait for reset.

    Linking them to other factions was just a bad decision. I don't want to go grind out a faction I don't care about for the sake of unlocking another faction that offers nearly all the rewards I'd want from all of the factions (The tiger and the Onyx serpent). Their dailies aren't too bad, mostly just killing, most of which can be done with AoE (provided I've got CD's available), but the limitation to other factions is something I never want to see again.

    In TBC, I didn't care for any of the factions. I grinded them out for the simple need to do so (for flasks and such). The gear was fairly 'bad', and I hated the design of factions. Wrath rolled around and suddenly I had a reason to grind the factions. Exalted was easily accessible and the gear, while still not great, was a crucial step to getting into raids early on in the exapnsion. Cata kept that system to some extent, but some reps were daily only. Now, we got handed this system in MoP where several factions are blocked by a requirement of revered with Golden Lotus.

    The gear of those factions is good, but it's no longer the start of the expansion and I moved on to getting better gear the same week the expansion launched (with the Engineering helm for example), or through LFR the same week I started clearing it. It just, doesn't make sense to have this limitation and then need people to grind out the rep for yet another faction, only to have to buy the gear with Valor points. In the time that I've grinded my way to Shado-pan exalted, I'm almost guaranteed to have gotten loot for all the slots that they can fill, and most likely without having to spend valor on it.

    I know they wanted to make the expansion more grindy, but the limitations imposed are counter to actually gearing. It makes more sense to run heroics until i460, then clear the first 2 raids in LFR, then gear up to 470 (hopefully, you ended up leaving with at least 1 piece of gear from LFR), and clear the rest. There's quite literally no reason to grind out rep for gear just so you can spend valor points, which again, are limited in the amount you can gather per week. When you consider the mounts and such aren't essential, there's quite literally no reason to grind the rep, and thus no reason to spend the valor (apart from on the upgrade system). I mean sure, there needs to be limitations, but not like this.

    At the same time, somewhat off topic but another annoyance, I hate that they limited the number of times you can turn in charms per week is once (1x90 for 3 elder). If I'm prepared to do my dailies each day, I should have the option to hand in more of them per week. This week, I wanted to go in and kill Sha of Fear and use a charm until I got the axe. Reality of it was that even though I've got 180 charms, I only had the option of doing the boss 4 times. Some might say that's enough, but there's not going to be any reason for me to go back there once I get the axe (not more than once per week at least). I'm not saying I'm there to help others clear it, but the fact I'm choosing to clear it more than once does have that advantage.
    [...]

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I think I'd like the Lotus more if it wasn't for the fact I've been trolled out of the next level of rep by a day almost every time. When I thought I'd hit honored with the next round of dailies, I was denied by like 200 rep. Then again, last night, when I thought I'd hit revered, I was once again short by about 200 rep. I managed to farm a cache key. Thinking that was that, I open a cache, and get a rare token that gives me 125 rep. Hooray for having to wait another 24 hours to do yet another quest just to get the last 73 rep. I mean sure, I could go and farm another key, but I may as well just leave it be and wait for reset.

    Linking them to other factions was just a bad decision. I don't want to go grind out a faction I don't care about for the sake of unlocking another faction that offers nearly all the rewards I'd want from all of the factions (The tiger and the Onyx serpent). Their dailies aren't too bad, mostly just killing, most of which can be done with AoE (provided I've got CD's available), but the limitation to other factions is something I never want to see again.

    In TBC, I didn't care for any of the factions. I grinded them out for the simple need to do so (for flasks and such). The gear was fairly 'bad', and I hated the design of factions. Wrath rolled around and suddenly I had a reason to grind the factions. Exalted was easily accessible and the gear, while still not great, was a crucial step to getting into raids early on in the exapnsion. Cata kept that system to some extent, but some reps were daily only. Now, we got handed this system in MoP where several factions are blocked by a requirement of revered with Golden Lotus.

    The gear of those factions is good, but it's no longer the start of the expansion and I moved on to getting better gear the same week the expansion launched (with the Engineering helm for example), or through LFR the same week I started clearing it. It just, doesn't make sense to have this limitation and then need people to grind out the rep for yet another faction, only to have to buy the gear with Valor points. In the time that I've grinded my way to Shado-pan exalted, I'm almost guaranteed to have gotten loot for all the slots that they can fill, and most likely without having to spend valor on it.

    I know they wanted to make the expansion more grindy, but the limitations imposed are counter to actually gearing. It makes more sense to run heroics until i460, then clear the first 2 raids in LFR, then gear up to 470 (hopefully, you ended up leaving with at least 1 piece of gear from LFR), and clear the rest. There's quite literally no reason to grind out rep for gear just so you can spend valor points, which again, are limited in the amount you can gather per week. When you consider the mounts and such aren't essential, there's quite literally no reason to grind the rep, and thus no reason to spend the valor (apart from on the upgrade system). I mean sure, there needs to be limitations, but not like this.

    At the same time, somewhat off topic but another annoyance, I hate that they limited the number of times you can turn in charms per week is once (1x90 for 3 elder). If I'm prepared to do my dailies each day, I should have the option to hand in more of them per week. This week, I wanted to go in and kill Sha of Fear and use a charm until I got the axe. Reality of it was that even though I've got 180 charms, I only had the option of doing the boss 4 times. Some might say that's enough, but there's not going to be any reason for me to go back there once I get the axe (not more than once per week at least). I'm not saying I'm there to help others clear it, but the fact I'm choosing to clear it more than once does have that advantage.
    i actually like the way it is now, except for the needed unlock with GL for AuC and SP.
    i don't agree with the "moar charms" idea how ever, they're effectively a chance at free gear in all circumstances, that would further exacerbate the need to do dailies to a ridiculous point.


    actually, that give me an idea on how to fix the OP's "problem".
    being able to spend lesser charms for rep would allow you to keep up a little bit better without causing a massive amount of work for something as minor as this.
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-01-20 at 02:07 PM.

  13. #33
    What's with all the necroing...

    okay, this topic is "timeless" since they haven't made any changes to rep per quest since release. I started doing GL on an alt yesterday, and at this rate I expect to be revered on friday, if I do the dailies everyday. Possibly faster since I haven't unlocked the third area yet. 100% commendation of course.

    i actually like the way it is now, except for the needed unlock with GL for AuC and SP.
    I could just imagine the culture-shock of coming from 2 hour week cap Cata and suddenly get drowned in dailies.
    There's a very good reason they gated the factions like this
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-20 at 02:19 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  14. #34
    Why is a 3 month old threat being Necro'd?

  15. #35
    Honestly, the hard part is getting to revered. Once you hit revered, you buy the commendation and in conjunction with the third questing hub, it will only take you about 4-5 days or so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •