Thread: Prot LFR

Prot LFR

i queing for LFR and the que took over 1 hr and still didnt get in if i que as dps with 10min que times will i still get tank gear or just dps?

lets do i little math here.

a dungeon is 5m. lfr is 25 man.
    so to have the same que we have in a dungeon in lfr. we need 5 tanks instead of the 2 we use now.
    that is why the tank que's are way off. and no you want get tank gear as dps afaik.

The way we're currently preferring ret items to prot item due to better itemization, and having looked at loot tables for 1st 3 bosses - I would suggest going ret for this part. This will yield shorter queue times, better itemized gear and better chances of getting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzaruney View Post
    i queing for LFR and the que took over 1 hr and still didnt get in if i que as dps with 10min que times will i still get tank gear or just dps?
    Queue as dps as you want retri gear more than prot gear anyway.

What I did as dps and use protection spec for the first boss as I wanted the belt, then went as retri in prot gear for the last bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Queue as dps as you want retri gear more than prot gear anyway.

What I did as dps and use protection spec for the first boss as I wanted the belt, then went as retri in prot gear for the last bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    The way we're currently preferring ret items to prot item due to better itemization, and having looked at loot tables for 1st 3 bosses - I would suggest going ret for this part. This will yield shorter queue times, better itemized gear and better chances of getting it.
    This just makes me cringe reading. How I hate this fact.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    This just makes me cringe reading. How I hate this fact.
    Shorter queue, I do not complain

We all hate gearing as ret really - but what can you do if numbers command it!

Deleted
    I actually don't hate it. I like not having to have 2 separate gear sets for prot and ret. I'm tanking in full ret gear with a 442 shield and the crafted 463 mace, and i'm doing just fine in the content i'm doing. i'm not bothered at all by this.

Whatever spec you que as is irrelevant for determining loot. Its determined by the spec that you are in when the boss dies (which ends up being pre-pull bc of combat restrictions of changing specs).