[Music] Wintersun

Who are waiting for the album Time?

Gonna see em live at saturday and hear some new material, going to be freakin awesome for sure.

Also preordered new album and stuff..

I know there are Wintersun fans in this forum

Can't wait to hear their new stuff.
    asd

Deleted
    Oh boy, I really like wintersun! And I can't wait for the album to release, will be awesome for sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    hopefully the album will be shipped on date. (today )
    will see them on the heidenfest tour here in germany next week

I liked the debut okay but honestly, I thought it was a HUGE stepdown from Jari's work with Ensiferum, and it's not really an album I feel much need to come back to very often. Maybe the new one will be an improvement.

Release date is 19.10 and few days later to US.. But I already heard first part of the album; Time I and imo it is incredible (Sons of Winter And Stars and Time are just masterpieces), the direction of the style is quite different compared to first album (some people dislike this) but it is promising. I already also heard The Way of The Fire from Time II album and it is one of the best songs I have ever heard.

To Stormcall, imo Jari's first album with Wintersun is better than any material on Ensiferum

Btw, Sons of Winter And Stars is MINDBLOWING journey in live, be aware!
    asd

One of the new songs leaked to youtube. Jus majestic, epic, no other words to describe this.
    asd

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    To Stormcall, imo Jari's first album with Wintersun is better than any material on Ensiferum
    I'll take any individual song off the Ensiferum s/t off Wintersun's debut in it's entirety. Not nearly as energetic, exciting, memorable, or fun, too dull and uninteresting in comparison.

Deleted
    It feels more like a concept album to me, I love this band and I've seen them already live. I wish it had more than 5 songs though, I'm not quite satisfied by the length.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    It feels more like a concept album to me, I love this band and I've seen them already live. I wish it had more than 5 songs though, I'm not quite satisfied by the length.
    Didn't you know this is first part of the album? Time II will come at the Q1 in 2013. The album length is about 80 minutes thats why they split it. Can't wait for Time II. The only song we know so far (live but better than nothing):

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'll take any individual song off the Ensiferum s/t off Wintersun's debut in it's entirety. Not nearly as energetic, exciting, memorable, or fun, too dull and uninteresting in comparison.
    Honestly I love Ensiferum and Wintersun both of them. I think I a bit overreacted to your comment. Wintersun's debut is imo very good and so are Jari's work in Ensiferum (two first albums). However with Petri it's not been that good imo even though Victory Songs and From Afar are great albums, the newest album is not that good, I just don't like it except few songs.
    Last edited by Norther; 2012-10-19 at 10:31 AM.
    asd

the newest album is not that good, I just don't like it except few songs.
    From what I've heard of the new album(I don't have it yet) I agree with you. What I've heard of the new one is more, well, on par with Wintersun IMO. Same lack of drive or energy on most songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    From what I've heard of the new album(I don't have it yet) I agree with you. What I've heard of the new one is more, well, on par with Wintersun IMO. Same lack of drive or energy on most songs.
    Huh.. Wintersun Time I is miles better than Unsung Heroes (or did you mean Wintersun's first album is on par with Unsung Heroes?). When Time II is coming out (I am sure it will be good), the album (Time I & II) will be one of the best album I have ever heard for sure. The song above is already promising.

Anyway, Wintersun's first album is on a par with Ensiferum first two albums, whereas Unsung Heroes is bottom in the list, this is my opinion
    Last edited by Norther; 2012-10-19 at 10:38 AM.
    asd

Huh.. Wintersun Time I is miles better than Unsung Heroes (or did you mean Wintersun's first album is on par with Unsung Heroes?). When Time II is coming out (I am sure it will be good), the album (Time I & II) will be one of the best album I have ever heard for sure. The song above is already promising.

Anyway, Wintersun's first album is on a par with Ensiferum first two albums, whereas Unsung Heroes is bottom in the list, this is my opinion
    I meant Wintersun's debut is on par with Unsung Heroes. I can't listen to the above song yet, I'm at work and our PC has no sound(someone jacked our PC speakers). I'll listen when I get home, but if it's not WAY better than the debut, it won't even be one of the 10 best albums I've heard this YEAR, much less of all time.

I do know that IMO, the Ensiferum debut is about as superior to Wintersun's debut as an assault rifle is to a black powder flintlock, and the 2nd Ensiferum album is still better, but more on par with a semi-auto AR-15 vs the flintlock. The later Ensiferum discs are only superior in the way a semi-auto pistol is to a flintlock. Still much better, but the range of difference is decreasing. Once we get to Unsung Heroes it's like, flintlock vs flintlock, at the same level, but neither being something I really would want to come back to.

Edit:Listened to the new song-not blown away. Aside from being a bit more over the top with the orchestrations which is something I rarely care for, I really dislike the keyboard tone there too. It just sounds like Rhapsody with stronger/harsher vocals and a weaker keyboard sound.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2012-10-19 at 01:13 PM.

I must agree with overused orchestrations. Btw Jari himself is recording keyboard there (he actually recorded almost everything in first album, except drums), the band does not even have keyboard player and IMO they REALLY need one, and very skilled one who could actually show his/her opinion and make the keyboard sound better. But anyway I like their new stuff, everyone doesn't like, but it would be weird if everyone have the same taste

Lets see what Time II comes aboard.

Btw, take your time and listen to the new album many times with loud volume, it is starting to sound better and better, and you actually understand whats going on in these songs. For example Sons of Winter and Stars have 4 parts and it may sound a bit "randomish", catch lyrics from a google and listen the song couple of times, imo it is a very good song and so is time, those songs are hard to catch.
    Last edited by Norther; 2012-10-20 at 08:35 AM.
    asd

Btw, take your time and listen to the new album many times with loud volume, it is starting to sound better and better, and you actually understand whats going on in these songs. For example Sons of Winter and Stars have 4 parts and it may sound a bit "randomish", catch lyrics from a google and listen the song couple of times, imo it is a very good song and so is time, those songs are hard to catch.
    I caught the various parts on 1st listen, compared to some of the tech stuff out there it's really NOT that hard to follow. I'm not one of those dudes who has to play something repeatedly to convince myself it's good...and I know that no matter how many times I hear it that ridiculous keyboard tone is gonna get on my nerves.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually resisted listening to the leak. glorious!

Mother of fucking god..
    asd

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my kind of music.