Deleted

Lay on Hands mouseover macro

My macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Lay on Hands; Lay on Hands

doesn't work for some reason. If i don't have mouseover it casts the spell, but if I have mouseover, nothing happens. I use the same macro for other spells like

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Holy Shock; Holy Shock

And there is no problem. Only with Lay on Hands. I have keybinded it to middle mouse button if that has someting to do with it.

Deleted
    Try this.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] [] Lay on Hands
    If that doesn't work, try this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [button:3] [@mouseover, help, nodead] [] Lay on Hands
    Same thing only it'll only fire if you're clicking the middle mouse button, but not sure if that works if you're not actually clicking the button (in which case mouseover obviously doesn't work).
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-10-11 at 11:38 AM.

Your problem is the space between the comma and the "exists".
    Code:
    #showtooltip Lay on Hands
    /cast [@mouseover,help,exists] Lay on Hands; Lay on Hands
    I might've made a space that shouldn't be there as well.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    /cast [target=mouseover] Lay on Hands

I think these are the mouseover macros I use on my healers, cant log in atm but im pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    I have keybinded it to middle mouse button if that has someting to do with it.
    I believe there is a limitation that you can't use [@mouseover] targetting with mouse keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post
    /cast [target=mouseover] Lay on Hands

I think these are the mouseover macros I use on my healers, cant log in atm but im pretty sure.
    [target=mouseover] was improved to now allowed @target.

It shortens macros meaning you can add more to them, albeit the [target=mouseover] still works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    I have keybinded it to middle mouse button if that has someting to do with it.
    You cannot put mouseover macros on standard mousebuttons, since the click event is consumed by the unit frames.

If you want to put it on your mousebuttons, you either have to use unit frames that support this natively (Voodoo, HealBot, etc), or have to use third party software or software delivered with your mouse where you can redefine the mousebutton to emulate a keystroke, and then bind your makro to the approriate key.

Deleted
    Clique also works with most unit frame addons.

Deleted
    Hi guys,
    None of these macros, seemed to work

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You cannot put mouseover macros on standard mousebuttons, since the click event is consumed by the unit frames.

If you want to put it on your mousebuttons, you either have to use unit frames that support this natively (Voodoo, HealBot, etc), or have to use third party software or software delivered with your mouse where you can redefine the mousebutton to emulate a keystroke, and then bind your makro to the approriate key.
    Redefining the mousebutton to emulate a keystroke did the job, thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc0e8d2dd6af; 2012-10-11 at 12:58 PM.