Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aim View Post
    Actually, what I'm doing is telling someone who got a participation medal in a race (for turning up, not doing anything particularly difficult or noteworthy), that its rediculous for him to throw his toys out of his pram that someone else (who didn't participate in said race because it was before his time and thus didn't have the option to), but put in a lot more effort and time to earn enough money to buy said medal, has got the same item as him..... Years later.... By putting in effort to get it.
    Of which removes any sentimental value the item held. Age and rarity of an item are everything when it comes to these things and because the BMAH it's value is not only reduced, but the reason it was valuable has been changed.

I'm also saying that its a non-issue. There is no issue. Its not something that needs addressing. It is irrelivant and unimportant. I never at any point mentioned anything about myself. Somewhat comically in fact (given your assumption) I have never even visited the BMAH, never mind viewed listings or bought anything. Mainly because I think old items are a waste of time and money and completely irrelevant to current content or ability.
    Then if you don't care about sentimental value why on earth are debating it? As I mentioned Age and rarity have a lot to do with the value of an item.

If anything about this thread is "wrong" its peoples over inflated ego's and sense of self worth for having been playing a game longer than others. I mean, being proud of being better than someone, I can kind of understand (even though in WoW the gaps never going to be huge), but getting full of thunder and ego over having been around longer? Come on lads, grow up a little.
    No it the practically the opposite. It's a bunch of people who feel entitled something somebody else has to the point where the value of something only a select people have is diminished. You are not entitled to everything just because somebody else has it, it's a crying shame that Blizzard have created this attitude.

Being proud to have an item that only a few people have because of the fact it was until now unobtainable and was old. Those are two fundamentals to collectors value. Nobody is saying their better, their simply saying they've been in the game for longer.

I didnt know the Corrupted Ashbringer can be on there... I know what im saving my pennies for now..
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

that guy was a major noob...i would think the corrupted ashbringer would simply prove that you're an old player....bravo on that btw jealous as hell.

OH NO, HE DIDN'T!

The nerve of some people. The nerve!

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Of which removes any sentimental value the item held. Age and rarity of an item are everything when it comes to these things and because the BMAH it's value is not only reduced, but the reason it was valuable has been changed.
    This may be so for you.
    Your problem is that you expect everyone to share this opinion, and treat you with the respect (you think) you deserve.

But people play games for different reasons.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    yep, you worked hard or are just old school and people think you just bought it kinda lame :/

Say yes.

Move on.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I am about... 98,35% sure the OP's story is made up.
    Really? That's odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarish24 View Post
    Just stopping in to say hi to Chonar. Been a while. Sup buddy.
    Wasabiiii :V

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Do it like me. Run around in OG or SW and spam link your old achives in the /2 channel. Everyone will have to aknowledge your awesomeness.
    Why on earth would I want to be intentionally disruptive and obnoxious?

Quote Originally Posted by Valius View Post
    I find it more insulting that someone thats clearly played this game for that long still doesn't understand how hit and expertise caps work.
    Once I get rid of more haste and mastery-heavy items and start pushing for heroics I'll bother with more accurate reforging. For now, I'll take my extra 0.24% expertise excess and won't care less.

For your benefit, these are the current stat priorities for a fury warrior;

Hit Rating (until 7.5%)
    Expertise Rating Rating (until 7.5%)
    Critical Strike Rating
    Strength
    Hit Rating (until 26.5%)
    Mastery Rating
    Haste Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    I didnt know the Corrupted Ashbringer can be on there... I know what im saving my pennies for now..
    I think you're misinterpreting something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    OH NO, HE DIDN'T!
    The nerve of some people. The nerve!
    Don't throw me on the same heap as BM-haters just because you're unable to see nuance. I didn't blame or disliked the guy for his assumption, I merely wondered why the BM AH was the first thing on his mind. I answered my own question after a bit o' back and forth back on page 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    And I was referring to the OP's notion of respect, especially in a game.
    But no, seniority doesn't automatically earn my respect.
    Accomplishments in sports or entertainment doesn't automatically earn my respect.
    The only times I spoke of ingame respect in this thread, it was along this line;
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar
    Mutual respect is a cornerstone for the health of any server, or any community.
    Ya'll need to take your fingers of the "oh its one of those threads" trigger, cause this wasnt one of those threads.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The only times I spoke of ingame respect in this thread, it was along this line;
    Mutual respect is still a cornerstone for a healthy server, or any community.
    If by respect you mean have due regard for (someone’s feelings, wishes, or rights) the we agree.

If you, which is what I got from your posts, mean admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements then you are wrong.

I don't have a problem with you expecting acknowledgement from players who haven't been around as long as you, but don't expect everyone to actually give it to you.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    well I can understand you, however, I earned this axe like 2 or 3 times back then, with another char, screw it, and I am an old char also . Transmog was something not to be implemented and my storage place was rare. So... if someone buys it, it's just to the fact that he didnt expect transmog to come or he didn't play back then... well ok, but me for myself, I dont like this axe too much... I would transmog 2 ashbringers instead of one of this axe, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it, someone is amazed you have that much cash. You reply actually I got it when it was in game at such and such event. Boom you just showed how awesome you are! Also I got rid of my arcanite ripper so it's nice that there's a way to get it in game again imo.
    Well, Answer on that "hehe, yes, sure, you didnt buy it in the BMAH, its ok xDDDD" ...
    Last edited by mmoc609b0c923c; 2012-10-12 at 11:24 AM.

The accuser was a possible BM-hater who tried to accuse the OP, thats all.

I do welcome the idea of BMAH as I'd like my DK to have dreadnaught armor, doesn't really fit a warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, this is just something that happened to me. I didn't think much of it, but I must admit, thinking back on it it does... gnaw at me just a little bit. Take from it what you will.

Was running around, doing my dailies. My axe I've transmogged into Arcanite Ripper, and my sword I've transmogged into Corrupted Ashbringer. Together they're a beautiful combo of unholy awesomeness.

So I get this whisper from a random passerby. "lol nice axe, you spend that much gold on black market?"

ಠ_ಠ

Okay, now look. I dont mind if people can buy all the Tier3 and awesome vanity stuff on the Black market. If you can make that much gold, kudos to you. I wouldnt be able to do that, I'm terrible at playing the AH. If you can make that much gold, AND win the resulting bidding war, I will applaud you.

But this guy just assumed I.. bought this. No, I did the WOTLK prerelease Karazhan boss. I'm an old character.

Again, I'm fine with the BM AH. I hope to someday buy Onyxian Drake if I somehow get my hands on enough gold, myself. But this assumption, this first thought that occured... it bothers me.

Just a pinch.
    There's one easy remedy to your annoyance about the black market AH: The epiphany that that random passerby is a) A collosal douche-hammer so his opinion is irrelevant, and b) A complete random stranger who's whispered you to insult you. Fuck him.

That is all.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Yes, BMAH is a complete joke. We all know that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm more appalled by the mentality of feeling superior because you've been playing a game longer than others.
    I like you.

Deleted
    *shudders*
    Don't run... is only ham!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    At least they can't sell titles. That means, Scarab Lord, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal and all the XXX Gladiator titles are still exclusive. I'll be MAJORLY pissed if an Amani War Bear (you know, the original one) showed up at the BMAH though. They already pleased the masses by releasing the pink/purple version of it, leave the original one for us...originals.
    I guess you really need your little bit of "praise" everyday. For example, I did plenty of timeruns (never found the same people for a group constantly) and never got the original bear mount (about 20 or 25 times). Yet I do only one timerun in cataclysm and get the mount in a random group which was surprisingly good compared to all the others I found. Just for your "masses", turn the badge around, perhaps you were lucky to find a place in an organized group and lucked the mount and now your playing the big boss by calling the rest "masses", literally spitting on us .

Btw... I still get your point, I enjoy the uniqueness of some of my achievements in the game also... perhaps thats why I answered you at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Hm... kinda weird saying your character is old, by claiming you have an Arcanite Ripper, from the pre-WotLK event, when you have a Corrupted Ashbringer, which is an older, and more exclusive item, from Naxx40 (level 60).
    Thats because he got it at level 70, like most of the scrubs wielding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed lots of people getting really angry that there's nothing good on the BMAH right at the moment.

Which is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltiras View Post
    Any society must do two things to survive.

1. Respect it's elders.
    2. Teach their young.

The OP is lamenting the loss of #1 due to elders not being distinguishable.
    WTF did I just read?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is a society, I guess? It isn't.