Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

reduce ALL damage and healing in PvP

At the moment you can kill someone in 5 seconds but you can also heal someone in a few seconds back to full. This makes CC way to powerful.

Damage and healing in PvP should be reduced by a whole lot. Reduce both by something like 60-70%. This will make people have about triple the effective health and burst classes will not be able to kill people in 5 seconds. It will ensure that during PvP you will be much longer in the "wounded state" that Blizzard promised us when Cataclysm came out. As a result you will also have much longer to actually react to burst, you have more time to press your buttons.

People will no longer be killed from 100% to 0% in one stun/silence/trap/... Those CC's will still give your team an edge. Games will still be about CC'ing the healer and killing somene, however, a simple CC would most likely not do the trick. Your target will however not be healed back to 100% in one heal when the CC on the healer ends, but your target will remain in a wounded state as long as you keep pressure.

This will fix warriors and BM hunters aswell, since after their burst, they are much less dangerous. It would be a bad idea to pop the burst right from the beginning as the opponents can easily survive it anyway, and you'd be useless after. You would better keep the burst for the right deciding moments in the fight.

Remark: ALL healing should be reduced obviously, also the one that heals a % of your max health.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not just make it, max crits in pvp 25k, max crit heals in pvp 25k..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yehyehyehyeh View Post
    a simple CC would most likely not do the trick.
    This is where I stopped reading. So what does a player need to do besides CC the healer? Oh right, add more CC with a hint of God RNG and its a win. Why do people still think sustained pressure play is more "fun" than the bursty style. Its all based on preference either way. I do however believe, that the losers howl the loudest when it comes to balance.

Also, there are plenty of ways to survive burst damage in this game right now. If a Warrior kills you in two globals, you most likely deserved it or the RNG gods did not favor you. I don't get why people think they're always entitled to survive every encounter. It must be some god complex mentality. If you let a Warrior beat on you with burst while your healer is CC'ed and you aren't quick enough to react to it... yeah sorry, you deserve to die. This is how games actually end.

If you lose to RNG, then that's just a game issue that won't be solved. The game has always been revolved around it.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    why not just make it, max crits in pvp 25k, max crit heals in pvp 25k..
    You know I'm glad you aren't working for them, I just wanna put that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Why do people still think sustained pressure play is more "fun" than the bursty style.
    I think it's most fun when the game is capable of both styles depending on the comps in the match, like it is now.

Because not all damage and not all healing is too high.

Any game where neither team has a warrior or hunter has lasted 15+ minutes for me.

After warrior+hunter needs nerfed, healer mana seriously needs looked at though. If you actually OOM as anything but a disc priest,you messed up bad.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    I think it's most fun when the game is capable of both styles depending on the comps in the match, like it is now.
    It is not possible to win with sustained pressure with healing in its current state, you will never land a kill without CDs up vs a competent team. 1 heal does 60-80% of someones HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know I'm glad you aren't working for them, I just wanna put that out there.
    Christ, With the amount of moaning about the game I too am glad I don't

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment you can kill someone in 5 seconds but you can also heal someone in a few seconds back to full. This makes CC way to powerful.

Damage and healing in PvP should be reduced by a whole lot. Reduce both by something like 60-70%. This will make people have about triple the effective health and burst classes will not be able to kill people in 5 seconds. It will ensure that during PvP you will be much longer in the "wounded state" that Blizzard promised us when Cataclysm came out. As a result you will also have much longer to actually react to burst, you have more time to press your buttons.

People will no longer be killed from 100% to 0% in one stun/silence/trap/... Those CC's will still give your team an edge. Games will still be about CC'ing the healer and killing somene, however, a simple CC would most likely not do the trick. Your target will however not be healed back to 100% in one heal when the CC on the healer ends, but your target will remain in a wounded state as long as you keep pressure.

This will fix warriors and BM hunters aswell, since after their burst, they are much less dangerous. It would be a bad idea to pop the burst right from the beginning as the opponents can easily survive it anyway, and you'd be useless after. You would better keep the burst for the right deciding moments in the fight.

Remark: ALL healing should be reduced obviously, also the one that heals a % of your max health.
    or, you could think BEFORE the fight and PLAN before the fight, instead of a mindless headlong rush to your death because as Goose quipped to Maverick in Top Gun,

The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.
    Blizzard doesn't want to send that email to your parents.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I actually like the more bursty healing and damage in pvp. Cata's neverending ultra bloated HP sucked a lot of fun out of pvp for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    healer mana seriously needs looked at though.
    How will Healers mana be "Looked at" when its all balanced around end game raiding?

Healers in pvp have historically never had mana issues. Why should it suddenly be changed now?

Deleted
    How will Healers mana be "Looked at" when its all balanced around end game raiding?

Healers in pvp have historically never had mana issues. Why should it suddenly be changed now?
    I don't agree. Healers have had mana issues many times before.

Deleted
    There need to be an option for burst and an option for sustained pressure. I think it's obvious that damage is too high during cooldowns but too low outside of cooldowns.

I support ^

I agree with a lot of what the OP says, I'm not sure what the answer is though. I know there's a gear threshold, but trying to get into arenas right now is pretty tough for me. I ran 7 or 8 the other day, and every. single. one. had a warrior or a hunter or both (2s) and we got destroyed within about 10 seconds (warlock rogue)
    Between stuns, interrupts and fears I couldn't get the warriors off of me. Similar thing with the pets during stampede.

I would love a chess match, I HATE the "run in and do everything in as quick a time possible or you lose aaarrrggghhhh," which is what I felt like. When you can't get off 1 spell as a lock before you get charged/heroic leaped/silence shot/stampeded, it's just not fun. I mean, if I'm in range to cast they're in range to silence/stun and by the time diminishing returns sets in I'm dead, then my rogue goes down quickly thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Because not all damage and not all healing is too high.

Any game where neither team has a warrior or hunter has lasted 15+ minutes for me.

After warrior+hunter needs nerfed, healer mana seriously needs looked at though. If you actually OOM as anything but a disc priest,you messed up bad.
    I love how frost DK's who deal considerably more damage than both ( outside of long cooldowns,obviously ) are always under the hood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I actually like the more bursty healing and damage in pvp. Cata's neverending ultra bloated HP sucked a lot of fun out of pvp for me.
    Just to remember you about Cata. At the end of Cataclysm rogues and mages could kill someone in mere seconds. That's not really what I would call ultrabloated HP.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 08:38 AM ----------

This is where I stopped reading. So what does a player need to do besides CC the healer? Oh right, add more CC with a hint of God RNG and its a win. Why do people still think sustained pressure play is more "fun" than the bursty style. Its all based on preference either way. I do however believe, that the losers howl the loudest when it comes to balance.

Also, there are plenty of ways to survive burst damage in this game right now. If a Warrior kills you in two globals, you most likely deserved it or the RNG gods did not favor you. I don't get why people think they're always entitled to survive every encounter. It must be some god complex mentality. If you let a Warrior beat on you with burst while your healer is CC'ed and you aren't quick enough to react to it... yeah sorry, you deserve to die. This is how games actually end.

If you lose to RNG, then that's just a game issue that won't be solved. The game has always been revolved around it.
    Reducing all damage and healing by a same % would make games last longer. Burst CD's and immunities (AMS, bubble, etc) will be less important in the long run because they will simply last shorter compared to the full duration of the games.

I deserve to die if my healer gets scatter trapped i and use all my defensive cds i.e Shamanistic rage and still die befor the trap is even half way done? How am i supposed to react faster when i die in a single stun? Should i trinket and immediately eat another stun or silence?

You obviously are really bad at pvp and currently play a BM or a war.

This is where I stopped reading...
    Having sustained pressure means every second of a game matters. Right now, sustained damage is so low relative to healing that you may as well AFK while cooldowns are down. The game is boring and swings entirely around ~12 second intervals every 2-3 minutes. I'm not going to argue that a slower-paced (in a sense) game is inherently better than a faster one, but I feel like WoW does better as a somewhat slower game. It was designed as such--what do you think the global cooldown is for?

I really hope you're joking about dying in two globals. You realize that means you just have time to hit an instant coming out of charge stun, right? Unless you're suggesting that it's balanced for warriors to be so strong we should feel the need to trinket charge?

In my eyes you got a lil point here and there. But the proposals you do are not well thought.
    Sure healing and damage is still very high even if we were promised else, but e.G. if they make damage too low, you wont be able to kill someone without a perfect CC chain.

I admit that right now it is too easy, 4 seconds silence on the healer, let the hunter or warrior attack the healers teammate and gg. But having to pull off a cc chain of 5 or more cc´s just to be able to kill ONE of your enemies might be a lil over top as well.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I love how frost DK's who deal considerably more damage than both ( outside of long cooldowns,obviously ) are always under the hood.
    Noone wants to talk about DK´s. Just gets us banned when beeing honest.