Deleted

Soul Shards on Haunt vs SB:Soul Swap.

Hello.

I just started raiding on my lock this reset, and we downed a few bosses.

On single target, its no biggie to figure out how to use shards.
    However, its on fights like Stone Guards I am torn on Soul Shard usage. (And I heard it gets even more hectic on heroic).

Between different targets getting petrification, which means a loss in dots when tank swaps (I like using unglyphed Soul Swap to take those dots to the new one) - What do you do, with alot of movement, and the already big limitations of spamming MG?

I was using AV on the fight, but considered going KJ because I don't have alot of time to spam MG while Haunt is up.
    Should I use SB-Swap often while moving if dots are running out, or should I just do that to prevent cappign shards (When I get 4), and wait until I can get good Haunts off?

Thanks for your time.

Also, during Dark Soul (Primary opener); you ofc Dark Soul -> SB-SS -> Haunt-> MG on fights, but do you SB-SS again to refresh all dots and get that additional haunt off (without having to cancel during MG spam).

And do you use Doom Guard before, or during Time Warp (I heard it both copys (and gets updated) your stats, and benefit from BL)
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2012-10-11 at 10:13 AM.

For opener I precast UA 1s before pull then apply corruption and agony, then DS, then SB SS. This should give you three long lasting dots (20+ s) with maximum bonuses and enough time to cast three haunt + spam MG during DS.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to open a 3d like this. I'm curous about how you guys handle this encounter. Do you keep all 3 dots up on both the tanked dogs or you just focus on one? I can't figure out if it is a dps increase or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    For opener I precast UA 1s before pull then apply corruption and agony, then DS, then SB SS. This should give you three long lasting dots (20+ s) with maximum bonuses and enough time to cast three haunt + spam MG during DS.
    I have procs on both trinkets, weapon and cloak. Opener like that almost never triggers all procs before SB:SS, you need to use MG and wait 1-2 ticks to get all procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I was going to open a 3d like this. I'm curous about how you guys handle this encounter. Do you keep all 3 dots up on both the tanked dogs or you just focus on one? I can't figure out if it is a dps increase or not.
    Keeping dots on two dogs is a pretty large dps increase, about 10k in my experience.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-10-11 at 01:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Keeping dots on two dogs is a pretty large dps increase, about 10k in my experience.
    Thanks for the advice. Do you use SS to swap the dots on the "changing" dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Do you use SS to swap the dots on the "changing" dog?
    I did, especcially when something had procced. Even if it's a wrong way to do it, Haunt vs. SS:SB should be pretty close in damage here.

So this is one of those fights you should consider going with gosup? Considering the movement and multidotting