Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[TV] Supernatural Season 8. Yay or Nay?

So I just watched the second episode, and I must say. I am loving Supernatural again.
    The car is back, humor is still in the show and I just really want to know what happened in Purgatory.
    Plus I just love Crowley as a character, so nicely played.
    I am finally getting the feel back from the first seasons. Which, imo, is a good thing.

What about anyone else? Enjoying this show or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty i am not enjoying this new season it's feel like a dying show trying to stay alive. Sam's character just bothers me now and the purgatory thing is really starting to get old fast the flash backs kind of suck and with Castiel being dead again what was the point of bringing him back in season 7 so they could redeem him? they should have left him dead but knowing how supernaturals writing is they will find a way to bring him back.

Now let's move on to some of the things i am enjoying. First of all i like the fact Dean had to work with a vampire to get out of purgatory but now that they are out in the world i am curious as to their relationship when Dean revived Benny they seemed on good terms maybe it was them being happy they are alive but in the end will they continue to be friends or enemy's. From what we have seen Benny is already starting to get a lust for human and i think at some point Dean will have to make a choice to kill him but will hesitate since they fought through purgatory together.

While i am not enjoying the season it does have wondering how things will turn out.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Deleted
    Supernatural is a Yay, Yay and re Yay for me..

15+ Year Old Account
    Castiel > all.

The season is ok up to now much better than last season as long as the leviathans don't come back, wow how shitty and annoying they were. Led up to them being epic but nah.

I really hope castiel comes back though, i think he will though.

I did not see the second episode, but the first episode all allone show more epicness than all the episode fromSeason 7 together.

I wish we will hear from Cast and Bobby again

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Meh season so far. It's not necessarily bad, but neither good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Meh season so far. It's not necessarily bad, but neither good either.
    My thoughts pretty much exactly. Premiere was good, but more of a regular episode good, not a season premiere good. Kinda seems like they are forcing a show that probably, and unfortunately, should have ended a season or two ago. Hopefully it'll get better as it goes.

Deleted
    As much as I have loved Supernatural through the years, I think they should end it as soon as they can, I think the story has been told there, isn't really much left apart from them yapping back and forth through the last ~2 seasons about how much they've been through and that they either want to continue or stop altogether. Imo Supernatural peaked in season 4/5, from then on it has just been downhill. I will definitely still watch it, just not with the same enthusiasm as I used to.

Edit: Didn't really get into what I think about season 8; Briefly, I think it's decent, it's around the same level as season 6-7 so far, not very good, or amazing like 1-5.
    Last edited by mmoc91a8dbad84; 2012-10-19 at 05:43 PM.

Yay, yay, yay. More more more!

Well, the latest two episode turned to be a big pile of poo, I mean really the worse episode,

Nobody forcing me to listen to this series, but I am a big fan of the serie and this is too much I could handle

Deleted
    YaY. Especially if they will cut on family drama and focus on hunt (i liked last episode bout werewolves!)
    edit- added some more
    however i was really hoping on Winchesters hunting in purgatory- THAT would be superawesome. On earth they pretty much done all.

Deleted
    Yay so far.But still 7th season was pretty bad so they've got alot of thing to fix.(leviathans had soo much potentional but in the end they were boring as all hell)

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne View Post
    YaY. Especially if they will cut on family drama and focus on hunt (i liked last episode bout werewolves!)
    edit- added some more
    however i was really hoping on Winchesters hunting in purgatory- THAT would be superawesome. On earth they pretty much done all.
    I do think that we haven't seen the last of Dean hunting in Purgatory.
    But the last episode was kinda meh in my opinion. It did have a nice touch to it but it reminded me too much of that movie where 3 kids got super mental powers where one went rogue. He filmed everything aswell.

Deleted
    Gah.. Can't decide yet.

The first episode was a BIG letdown tho, i don't know why but Dean came back from freaking Purgatory... i just got the feeling that Sam wasn't "THAT" happy to see him. They did Bro hug, then everything was back to normal. Not sure what else they could've done to make it seem better but i just got the feeling that it was not a good reunion at all. But that's my opinion.

Other than that they are back to classic Supernatural stuff which i like. And the flashbacks about Dean in Purgatory, awesome. I really like that mystery between Dean and that vampire.
    I can only hope it unravels to be something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    Gah.. Can't decide yet.

The first episode was a BIG letdown tho, i don't know why but Dean came back from freaking Purgatory... i just got the feeling that Sam wasn't "THAT" happy to see him. They did Bro hug, then everything was back to normal. Not sure what else they could've done to make it seem better but i just got the feeling that it was not a good reunion at all. But that's my opinion.

Other than that they are back to classic Supernatural stuff which i like. And the flashbacks about Dean in Purgatory, awesome. I really like that mystery between Dean and that vampire.
    I can only hope it unravels to be something awesome.
    They did the same when Dean went to Hell and Sam and his box with Lucifer and Micheal. They don't really show it, but explain it later in the show.
    And Sam isn't that happy I suppose, because he build up a life.

I'm liking this new season, but the first episode felt so much like the premier of season 4, where Dean comes out of Hell. I hope they eventually go into more detail about the whole Purgatory thing.

The latest episode was cool, but it was so similar to that movie someone mentioned above (the name is Chronicle).
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

I like to revive my thread because I wonder, has your mind changed about how this season went.
    Personally, I quite like the season. Nothing over the top ( Except killing Zeus ) and the show still hasn't lost it's sense of humor.

Last episode they brought back Meg ( Not a fan of it, but ahwell ). And he told her what he did during his year off.
    It looked like Crowley killed her, but what if he tortures her and she spills Sams secret. I can see Crowley going after his old flame?

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I predicted they would bring Castiel back lol. but over all it got better after they ended the bullshit with Sam and that chick but overall still not into it.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

I stopped after season 5.

Heard it got pretty shitty after that, and the ending to that episode/season seemed like it would have made a really good series finale.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Deleted
    I think it's alright. Not the best season, sure, but these assbutts that are Dean and Sam are still rockin'. ^^