Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    @ Sygoth

    you appear to be simmed, gems and reforging look good if you are. No complaints on spec, assuming u change a talent or 2 for certain fights (mainly thinking incanter's instead of rune). Try minor glyph of teleport, nice 1 minute speed boost racing to the bank/auction house. Try cone of cold instead of combustion. Its all situational tho...look good but minor tweaks based on fight. Drop the stopwatch if u can get the other heroic 463 trinket. Keep an eye out for Serpents cards. In a single week ive seen individual cards (for example the Ace) drop dramatically. Today Ace of Serpents in 10,000 gold....in a couple days there might be 15 aces up in the auction house as cheap as 1500g. You could assemble a deck for prolly 10-12k gold total with alot of patience and auction house checking.

    Your good tho.

    heres mine http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tumilly/simple

  2. #62
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztum View Post
    @ Sygoth

    you appear to be simmed, gems and reforging look good if you are. No complaints on spec, assuming u change a talent or 2 for certain fights (mainly thinking incanter's instead of rune). Try minor glyph of teleport, nice 1 minute speed boost racing to the bank/auction house. Try cone of cold instead of combustion. Its all situational tho...look good but minor tweaks based on fight. Drop the stopwatch if u can get the other heroic 463 trinket. Keep an eye out for Serpents cards. In a single week ive seen individual cards (for example the Ace) drop dramatically. Today Ace of Serpents in 10,000 gold....in a couple days there might be 15 aces up in the auction house as cheap as 1500g. You could assemble a deck for prolly 10-12k gold total with alot of patience and auction house checking.

    Your good tho.

    heres mine http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tumilly/simple
    looks pretty good tbh, except for the cone of cold glyph, i'm sure you had a reason to glyph it

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced thats me. guess i have too much haste :X

  3. #63
    The Patient Abraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    203
    Looks very nice!

    Don't know if there is a Crit or Crit/Int alternative for the 320 Int gems.
    But ur crit rating is already nice anyway.

    Keep it on

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...raxis/advanced

  4. #64
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    Looks very nice!

    Don't know if there is a Crit or Crit/Int alternative for the 320 Int gems.
    But ur crit rating is already nice anyway.

    Keep it on

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...raxis/advanced
    1. Replace Potent (Int Crit) with Crafty (Exp Crit)
    2. Repalce Accurate (Exp Hit) with Crafty (Exp Crit)
    3. Super Intellect on Bracers (170)
    4. Hit on Boots (Pandaren Step is useless due to mage mobility)
    5. No raid use of PoM so get Scorch, same for Ice Barrier (only useful on Stone Guard HC but even then I use Temporal Shield)
    6. Get 2942 Haste for 4Th tick on NT and 6th tick Combustion
    7. Following 6, you need more Crit, go for higher caps & intellect crit gems based on high gearlevels (end HC's or medium decked in 502)
    8. Drop Enchanting and get Engineering for MinMaxing & go Troll

    ---

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ifire/advanced

    Note:

    I have Jade Spirit in my bags, just doing Elegon LFR before I use it. Also I need to replace Ice Ward with RoF , just changing spec per fights of course (Ward was for outside of raids/dungeons).

    Use Invocation mainly but Rune of Power provides higher DPS uptime on Gara'jel HC for 10man

    Living Bomb is still under discussion on Gara'jel since I am reforged for extra NT ticks which provides better output in Spirit Realm with our setup (Mages being weak down)
    Last edited by Vifire; 2012-10-18 at 12:52 PM.
    90 Lifire (Main Prot) # Nimifire (Prot) # Tiafire (Prot) # Rikkufire (Brewmaster) # Miufire (Guardian) # Vifire (Mage) # Kyufire (Disc) # Yunifire (Blood/Frost)
    SPARKS 13/14 HC Recruiting

  5. #65

  6. #66

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vifire View Post
    1. Replace Potent (Int Crit) with Keen (Exp Crit)
    Exp/crit are crafty. Keen are exp/mastery.

  8. #68
    The Patient Abraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    203
    1. Replace Potent (Int Crit) with Keen (Exp Crit)
    2. Repalce Accurate (Exp Hit) with Keen (Exp Crit)
    3. Super Intellect on Bracers (170)
    4. Hit on Boots (Pandaren Step is useless due to mage mobility)
    5. No raid use of PoM so get Scorch, same for Ice Barrier (only useful on Stone Guard HC but even then I use Temporal Shield)
    6. Get 2942 Haste for 4Th tick on NT and 6th tick Combustion
    7. Following 6, you need more Crit, go for higher caps & intellect crit gems based on high gearlevels (end HC's or medium decked in 502)
    8. Drop Enchanting and get Engineering for MinMaxing & go Troll
    ---

    1. and 2. maybe a good choice, have to check it.
    3. Incoming today
    4. I prefer this one, but maybe i can get more crit out of this if i have to reforge one item less to hit.
    5. Totally wrong Never heard of building up supercombustions??
    6. I am goblin with glyphed Combustion, my cap is at 3008. Didn't get down to this but yesterday it was late, i'll check it again.
    7. Too much mastery on items, but got that in mind But Simcraft is telling me with my gear Crit=Haste
    8. No and maybe

    Thanks so far! Will check some things.


    For U:

    Drop Scorch!!! Learn to use PoM with Alter Time
    Everything else looks fine and well thought. Maybe kill Sha, do the quest for better boots
    Last edited by Abraxis; 2012-10-18 at 12:49 PM.

  9. #69
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    ---


    For U:

    Drop Scorch!!! Learn to use PoM with Alter Time
    Everything else looks fine and well thought. Maybe kill Sha, do the quest for better boots
    Scorch is highest DPS gain. I agree PoM will result in higher pull burst DPS but you can achieve sick combusts with lust up (80-100k ignites) with proper Procc/Alter Time management. Outside of that, heroics require a lot of movement and you need Scorch for that POM Combustions will never make up the loss in movement i.e. DPS downtime. Don't forget Scorch can procc Pyros etc/Heating Up

    Sha boots I got them and they result in a 500 or 600 Crit loss with an extremely minor Intellect gain so no go >

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Exp/crit are crafty. Keen are exp/mastery.
    Thanks, my bad
    90 Lifire (Main Prot) # Nimifire (Prot) # Tiafire (Prot) # Rikkufire (Brewmaster) # Miufire (Guardian) # Vifire (Mage) # Kyufire (Disc) # Yunifire (Blood/Frost)
    SPARKS 13/14 HC Recruiting

  10. #70
    The Patient Abraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Vifire View Post
    Scorch is highest DPS gain. I agree PoM will result in higher pull burst DPS but you can achieve sick combusts with lust up (80-100k ignites) with proper Procc/Alter Time management. Outside of that, heroics require a lot of movement and you need Scorch for that POM Combustions will never make up the loss in movement i.e. DPS downtime. Don't forget Scorch can procc Pyros etc/Heating Up
    Combustion (glyphed) and PoM share the same CD. 1,5min and Alter Time 3min.
    So u can use Pom for every Combustion, not just the one with BL/TW.

    Where u have to walk that much to use scorch?
    If u time ur actions u can renew magebomb, use Pyroprocc or Infernoblast while walkin and in most cases u should blink anyway.

    I've compared some of our logs (Elegon/Will normal kill, Feng Hc kill and Garajal Hc tries) And with my specc i am everywhere in front. And i did most of the fights with Ilvl 473 because i got bracers, ring and legs yesterday after raiding -.-

    If u walk much Scorch maybe better, but is there need to walk that much? (exept maybe if u got chains with a meelee at stone guard). Just find good positions and try do do every movement via blink or if there are instants ready

  11. #71
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis View Post
    Combustion (glyphed) and PoM share the same CD. 1,5min and Alter Time 3min.
    So u can use Pom for every Combustion, not just the one with BL/TW.

    Where u have to walk that much to use scorch?
    If u time ur actions u can renew magebomb, use Pyroprocc or Infernoblast while walkin and in most cases u should blink anyway.

    I've compared some of our logs (Elegon/Will normal kill, Feng Hc kill and Garajal Hc tries) And with my specc i am everywhere in front. And i did most of the fights with Ilvl 473 because i got bracers, ring and legs yesterday after raiding -.-

    If u walk much Scorch maybe better, but is there need to walk that much? (exept maybe if u got chains with a meelee at stone guard). Just find good positions and try do do every movement via blink or if there are instants ready
    I will listen to your tip but I feel one cannot compare 2 players and assume that the difference between them makes the other perform better which results in the better choice. Looking at every log for heroics I see the majority of top logged mages with Scorch. Simms bring Scorch out in front as well. Because you beat me with POM does not indicate POM is better but more we both under performed/procc amounts, movement based/responsability based (how much you were tiling if at all, i'm tiling out 30 stacks easily which forces scorch to be the better choice for my guild on that fight etc.)

    Good input from both sides anyways, let us both take the best out of it

    p.s. Blinking is a DPS loss, any movement should revolve around casting be it instants as you said or Scorch. Blink is a getaway or efficient movement gain but never a DPS gain.
    90 Lifire (Main Prot) # Nimifire (Prot) # Tiafire (Prot) # Rikkufire (Brewmaster) # Miufire (Guardian) # Vifire (Mage) # Kyufire (Disc) # Yunifire (Blood/Frost)
    SPARKS 13/14 HC Recruiting

  12. #72
    The Patient Abraxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany/BW
    Posts
    203
    Good input from both sides anyways, let us both take the best out of it
    Yes! Much Fun and good progress by going on with any Specc

  13. #73
    There is no armory above me so cant judge =(

    Mine is in my sign
    CPU:I5 3570k | Mobo:Z77 MPOWER ATX | GPU:Sapphire 7970 | Case:Fractal Design R4 | PSU:CX 600X 80+ Bronze | RAM:Corsair(2x4GB)1600Mhz VENGEANCE HDD:Seagate 7200 RPM 500GB | SSD:Samsung 840 Basic 250GB | Headphones:ATH M50 Limited Red | Screen:27" LG IPS | KeyboardDucky G2Pro TKL Special Clicky MX Blue/Green mix | Mouse: Razer Naga Red --- | Speakers:Dynavoice DF8 | Sub:XTZ 12.16 | Reciver:Onkyo TX-NR609

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    There is no armory above me so cant judge =(

    Mine is in my sign
    1) gogo 180 int on bracers
    2) i would change incanter's ward to rune of power but yeah mostly personal preverence
    rest looks good

    mine http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t%C3%A9/simple

  15. #75
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    There is no armory above me so cant judge =(

    Mine is in my sign

    There is Vifire <- check sig
    90 Lifire (Main Prot) # Nimifire (Prot) # Tiafire (Prot) # Rikkufire (Brewmaster) # Miufire (Guardian) # Vifire (Mage) # Kyufire (Disc) # Yunifire (Blood/Frost)
    SPARKS 13/14 HC Recruiting

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Vifire View Post
    There is Vifire <- check sig
    Looking good, but it looks like you're 95 haste short of the plateau for living bomb. Unless there is something I don' know about worgen.

    Quote Originally Posted by yuareapirate View Post
    1) gogo 180 int on bracers
    2) i would change incanter's ward to rune of power but yeah mostly personal preverence
    rest looks good

    mine http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t%C3%A9/simple
    Just realized nobody did yours. Looks like you're using the opposite gemming/reforging as me. I've been favouring 160 expertise/160 crit in red sockets over the 80 int/160 crit, and I've been reforging to haste plateau (3059.) I'd imagine both are viable.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ripride/simple

    Ice Barrier replaced by Temporal shield for raiding. I get my bracer enchant before my next raid.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-10-20 at 01:57 AM.

  17. #77
    welcome! hm.. i use askmrrobot and he "help me" to change reforge and gems.. and hit will be 14.97% / haste 3682.. =(
    i always change all my gear by myself and early i have ideal stats, such as 3056 haste, 25% crit, 15.03% haste..
    but now my ilvl up and, unfortunately, i don't have time to improve my mage to ideal ((
    how in robot set good caps? or what i need to do? =) + today or tomorrow i will buy shado-pan's head from revered
    btw i can't put links in posts =(( i am Джэт (russian nick xD) from Soulflayer

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardolas View Post
    btw i can't put links in posts =(( i am Джэт (russian nick xD) from Soulflayer
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D%D1%82/simple

    here you go

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    My chrome cant translate the german to english so i cant comment...

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ogard/advanced
    Change the url from http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...raxis/advanced to http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...raxis/advanced to see it in english. (not a mage, just browsing the forums.)

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Crit JC gems are not worth it, as they are not double what the int JC gems are
    Also if you are gemming crit, i assume you sim your stats correctly, and this means the other gem in your belt is wrong, should be 320 crit not 160 int.
    Not sure if you can, but try to reforge out of a little haste towards more crit. The first haste plateau for fire is 3050, and you are over by about 1k. The closer to a haste plateau you get before going over increases haste's value, but the more hast you have just over the plateau devalues it really fast.
    Thats about all i got...
    Here's me: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cknez/advanced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •