Deleted

Fire, Arcane or Frost?

Hello guys.

I'm currently in the process of leveling to 90 (at 88 as of now). Once I hit 90 I will be gearing up in heroics and hopefully after that begin
    raiding casually (normal modes). I'm really really having a hard time deciding what I want to play, I know people say that all the specs are kinda equal.
    However, I'm mostly likely going to play Fire or Arcane as I think both of them are pretty cool specs et cetera. And here is where you come in, please share your experience of both the specs and why I should choose that spec. I'm a troll and I have Inscription and Herbalism as my main professions.

I would be very grateful for some replies, thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm going to sell you Arcane since we don't have enough of them at the moment. Here is my breakdown:

Fire: Fire is currently my least favourite spec and has been for some time. (I should say forever since I've never enjoyed Fire.) The rotation is a bit of a waiting game, spamming your main nuke (either Fireball or glyphed Frostfire Bolt) until you get a crit, then forcing a Hot Streak proc using Inferno Blast. It's a lazyman spec, in my opinion.

Arcane: I am an Arcanist at heart - it is my spec of choice, mainly because it depends on correct management of cooldowns and also of mana/Arcane Charges. There is a basic rotation, however it varies based on certain conditions like mana level, Arcane Missile proc, etc.

As was said, all three specs are viable. I would also say it is easier to gear up Arcane since Mastery is very abundant on entry level gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like arcane just as much as Didactic. It is WAY more challenging to play well and to not completely suck. It's really easy, if you're lazy, to drop your dps incredibly, if you're not paying attention.

Fire is big numbers with much less work and thinking ahead.

I think arcane is awesome now so I'd suggest rollin with that and a frost spec.

Frost has to have some of the best aoe in the game right now. It's redic. And the spec is extremely mobile with all of the procs. Very twitch though (just like in Cata). If your latency sucks you might have some issues with frost.

Arcane probably has my favorite priority/rotation these days. It took me a bit to get used to it, but the spec is damn fun and surely has the highest crits. Hell, I've seen 130k hits with barrage. I think my highest crit was 270k. Arcane is the spec to go for those big numbers for sure. It also has great aoe, provided the mobs live long enough. Better than fire imo.

Fire just isn't very fun imo. It hasnt ever really been much fun. The insane nerfs to aoe definitely didnt help. I will say that fire is the prefect middle ground of mage specs. It is mobile, simple and effective. A great combo for progression; especially if you have trouble learning mechanics and executing dps rotations (which is perfectly normal).

Tbh, all the specs have their lane, but none of them feel over or underpowered anymore. We really are in a place where you can play what you want and stand a chance of doing well.

EDIT: It's late and I'm tired af. Sorry for any errors or anything.

I'd say frost for now.

If your asking for min/max I recomend wait for a few more months before they come up with the numbers by theorycrafting.
    But I recomend just play what spec you want since the goal of the MoP talent system and all the balancing is to make spec a personal choice and NOT a min/max thing.

Play what you enjoy the most.

Fire > Frost > Arcane. I have yet to see a Frost or Arcane mage pull the same numbers I do as Fire, this goes for Cata and MoP. As far as it being a waiting game, it's not really anymore. Learn to suck less and Combust better. Arcane is mundane and has been since Cata. Fire is now a consistent spec, no longer relying on RNG 100% with the addition of Inferno Blast.

Fire is both the "safest" spec with regards to reaction time and the one that seems to be pulling consistently highest numbers, if that is all you care about then go Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I think arcane is awesome now so I'd suggest rollin with that and a frost spec.

Frost has to have some of the best aoe in the game right now. It's redic. And the spec is extremely mobile with all of the procs. Very twitch though (just like in Cata). If your latency sucks you might have some issues with frost.

Arcane probably has my favorite priority/rotation these days. It took me a bit to get used to it, but the spec is damn fun and surely has the highest crits. Hell, I've seen 130k hits with barrage. I think my highest crit was 270k. Arcane is the spec to go for those big numbers for sure. It also has great aoe, provided the mobs live long enough. Better than fire imo.

Fire just isn't very fun imo. It hasnt ever really been much fun. The insane nerfs to aoe definitely didnt help. I will say that fire is the prefect middle ground of mage specs. It is mobile, simple and effective. A great combo for progression; especially if you have trouble learning mechanics and executing dps rotations (which is perfectly normal).

Tbh, all the specs have their lane, but none of them feel over or underpowered anymore. We really are in a place where you can play what you want and stand a chance of doing well.

EDIT: It's late and I'm tired af. Sorry for any errors or anything.
    Pyroblast! hits/crits for higher than anything arcane can push out actually.