Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an even easier solution along the same vein as you:

Roll on all loot as normal and implement a system that holds all boss loot in reserve until the final boss dies, then awards it.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Dps easily have 30-60 minute que times
    On my server (Twisting Nether) DPS have less than 10 minutes wait, often as little as 5 for dungeons. Havent tried LFR yet.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Like I've said before: why would a dungeon item matter that much to you if other things you have going on are so much more important, and on top of that dungeons are 'crappy'? Some of us care for the dungeon experience.

While I understand that you sometimes have to leave because things pop up, I don't think situations like helping a guildie out or joining a raid constitute as valid reasons for ditching 4 other people you signed up to play with. If you have stuff going on, don't join a dungeon with others you don't know. If stuff pops up that you'd rather do instead, face the consequences of your choices. Finishing the dungeon would probably take you something between 10 and 20 minutes. It would be up to you.

But I sure as hell don't think the game should reward you for prioritising other things instead of the dungeon - at least not when you have 4 other people investing their time and relying on your commitment. Yes, new people join, but every interruption is an interruption. I've had pauses long enough for the entire party to go about their own business until someone finally joins after a few minutes. I've also had entire groups disband because some guy felt it was his cue to leave, which caused the rest to go into a sort of disarray or state of impatience where waiting for a replacement just felt too tedious or annoying to deal with.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:23 AM ----------

Read my post and open your eyes. What I gave you is evidence, not opinions. You know I am right on that particular issue, and you are blatantly denying it because you simply won't be proven wrong. You have my deepest sympathies.
    im not saying that all dungeons are crappy but to say that everyone that has to leave a group early is going to have to be penalized is just a bad idea. if the tank goes afk for 10 min and it's either finish the instance or raid then why should i be punished? what about if i get some asshole in group that just decides to keep wiping us? should i still be punished then? because if it's leave or not have fun, then i'm gonna split. and don't bring up kicking him because there's plenty of ways around that. and what about the people that get kicked? should they be punished as well? because more people get kicked just for not being that good than for being a douche.
    Last edited by Manataurus; 2012-10-15 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Posts like this just make me lol

I wish they would just expand the new LFR loot systems to LFD as well. There are not any real differences between the two, only that in LFR you have more players. If LFD had the same loot system offspec "ninjain" and general ninjaing would cease to exist, because no longer would other players affect your chances of getting an item.

Penalizing people who leave will only make them going afk/teleporting out of the dungeon and not leaving the group.

Who the fuck cares if people leave a group mid group? Unless you're playing at some ungodly hour at some oddball level, you'll get a replacement within 60 seconds, regardless of who left.

Anyone who says you start at the bottom of the queue when this happens is wrong and has been wrong for four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what really grinds my gears?

The fact that after seven years of WoW, people can still leave dungeon groups right after they get their item, or ninja items that other people deserve more.

Solution #1 - Quitting Groups

If a group doesn't consist only of you and people from your friend list or guild, then the game will check for the first person to click 'Leave group' within 5 minutes of getting a superior or epic item and before the dungeon has finished. That person will lose the item he just looted as he quits the group.

Thoughts?
    But how will the game check? Or are you willing to havce people that get a DC or something also lose their loot? Besides you probably create drama..... players don't quit but are gonna park their toons in some corner of the instance waiting for it to finish or get kicked from the group... while still having the gear.

Stop making a fuss about loot, just accept that the system isn't perfect and then move on....

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what really grinds my gears?

The fact that after seven years of WoW, people can still leave dungeon groups right after they get their item, or ninja items that other people deserve more.

Solution #1 - Quitting Groups

If a group doesn't consist only of you and people from your friend list or guild, then the game will check for the first person to click 'Leave group' within 5 minutes of getting a superior or epic item and before the dungeon has finished. That person will lose the item he just looted as he quits the group.

In addition to this, if a a player finishes an entire dungeon (since his or her time of joining the group), then that player receive a 10% chance of receiving a final bonus item appropriate to their class and specc, randomly selected from all current level dungeons. After a second dungeon, this will increase to 20%, and so on, until you're at 100% at which point you'll receive an epic item. This buff should have a 24 hour cooldown, so then you'll have to start working on it again, and perhaps it should also reset once you receive an epic item.

Solution #2 - Ninjas

When Blizzard level designers create a new dungeon, each item they implement as loot should be categorised as appropriate for agility users, tanks, dmg casters, and so on. As soon as an item drops from a boss, only people who can genuinely benefit from it will be allowed to roll. Once they've all selected greed or turned down the roll, anyone else may roll as well.

Thoughts?
    I did targetted runs in a few dungeons after getting mostly 463's, left after getting what I CAME THERE TO GET IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    It's not YOUR problem what I do with MY TIME. Get over it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

I think people leaving like that is a very mild problem.

Heals leaving mid bossfight because an Spirit = Hit DD "stole" their loot is entirely different. Or even worse, people pulling a billion mobs than quitting just to leave a wipe behind...

I couldn't care less if a DD quits on a quite moment.

hell, i got ninja'd from rogues for http://www.wowhead.com/item=87546 4 times in a row. Believe me, i am this close to rage. MY MUST WANT WEAPON >:O Almost falcon punch my cat right next to the screen.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if Galleon spawns and I'm in the middle of a dungeon... sorry my group, I have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post

Roll on all loot as normal and implement a system that holds all boss loot in reserve until the final boss dies, then awards it.
    what about all those 4 guildies 1 pug groups that will pop up then and the pug is gonna get kicked before the end that are bound to appear?

Not perfect yet but sounds good :P

Make the punishment for leaving scale. Sure if you leave the first time before the run is over 15/30 mins. Second time in a week bump it up to 45 mins. Third time an hour. Then eventually to where you don't get to que anymore for the week. Ninja is a little more difficult pill to swallow. You could tag items with rolls and then tie that to the role the person entered the instance with, but it makes off spec situation a messy.

But I think this is really a result of dungeons really only being able loot now. They have absolutely NO value beyond that. You don't get rep, the justice points are useless, and as you get closer to the end of the week your valor cap is filled so your not going to stick around till the end for that. I also think so many hardline item level marks currently makes people ninja things based off item level a whole lot more now. Which sucks.

If you're an unhappy bunny pugging, why not find a guild and play with your new friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post

And what if your group disbanded for an X reason you will just lose all the loot you may have won?
    All the solutions posted so far can be easily be skipped with numerous ways.
    There is no workaround really + the fact that sometimes you really have to leave the group for some reason.

How about a loot chest or vault that is always guarded by the last. Reach to the end , kill the boss and once out of combat you can loot the vault which contains 1 drop for each boss. But then again its lfg. Once someone leaves you do get a replacement.

Remember the questline where you had to kill an elemental npc just before Muru on shadow labs heroic, it should be that kind for the loot-drops.
    Last edited by Sorraxe; 2012-10-15 at 12:06 PM.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted
    Remove all loot from bosses and award a goodie bag at the end of the dungeon. No ninja, no qutting after 1st boss, everyone stays till the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...that other people deserve more.
    Stopped right there. After 7 years of WoW I can't believe people are still thinking with this elitist mindset thinking only they 'deserve' gear and everyone else is only there to facilitate your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    Heroics are heroics for a reason.. if you cant do heroics, you cant raid.. its the proper path...
    ...Blizzard has gone the mile and added LFR for those people, but nerfing normal and hc modes is just plain stupid. The Burning Legion didn't get pushed back by lining up a thousand arcane mages spamming AB. It took work work work.