Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    Deleted

World First Race:

Favourites: Method, Stars, Blood Legion.

Underdogs: Paragon, Vodka, Envy, Kin Raiders

Serious Underdogs: Nihilum, Immersion, In Extremis, Premonition, FTH.

Kin Raiders, in my opinion, only got world first because they had more legendarys than Stars and Blood Legion and had an entire reset worth of loot over Paragon and Method. However, they are obviously an amazing guild but just not on par with the big guns like Method, Stars and (the old) Paragon.

Method are the favorites for obvious reason, they were second best all the way through Cataclysm behind Paragon. I think MoP is Methods expansion.

Blood Legion: Best of the US by far but are still living in the shadow of Method and Paragon. This could be the tier where they show that they are real contenders.

Stars. A bit like Blood Legion. They are a consistent top 10 guild but never seem to get those world firsts.

Paragon. Paragon have never stated they were out of the race, they just told us they were now a 10 man guild. The only different thing is, that now, instead of 25 world class raiders they now only use 10 world class raiders. I have a sneaky feeling we will see Paragon in the top 10

Nihilum. This tier is not for them, but defiantly going to be a contender in the upcoming tiers.

Vodka. Best they can hope for is top 10. Don;t think they will make a mark on the top 5.

Kin Raiders. One world first because they had 9 Arcane Mages with legendarys on Spine thus having a 2 day headstart on Madness does not make them real contenders. A world class guild to be sure, just not good enough to push for the top 3 this tier. Time logs show that both Paragon and Method killed Madness faster and with fewer attempts than Kin Raiders and that is with a whole reset of loot missing. The terrible fight that is 'Spine of Deathwing' helped them on their way to a world first that would have otherwise been dominated by the Euro guilds.

Envy. Hard to tell. Either a top 5 guild or a top 100 guild. Envy is basically Ensidia without Kungen. This will be their first tier of raiding. Don't be suprised to see them in the top 5... also don;t be suprised to see them fail, rage quit the guild and join Nihilum with Kungen for T15

So place your bets ladys and gentlemen.

1. Method
    2. Paragon
    3. Stars
    4. Blood Legion.
    5. Envy
    6. Nihilum
    7. Vodka
    8. Kin Raiders
    9. Some unknown guild
    10. In Extremis

BIG EDIT*

Review so far.

Paragon: Won the 10 man race and got the overall world first. I for one was a supported of Paragon and was hoping that they could still get world first after they went through a whole roster change after downgrading to 10 man. However my opinion has changed of them since. Sejta, GM of paragon has said in an interview that they were dissapointed with the competition in the 10 man brackets and said the fights were too easy. It is an insult to the other 10 man guild out there. Even in 10 man raiding Paragon hold a huge advantage over the other 10 man guild seeing as they had 10 players to pick from a roster of 25 world class players. I think Paragon care too much about world firsts and will do anything to get them, even if that means going to the easier 10 man modes. I personally think they should have gone down the Ensidia route and merged with another guild.

So the 25 man race is between Blood Legion, method and Vodka. Blood Legion are #1 at the minute but because of the time difference we don't actually know who killed it the fastest. But one thing is for sure, 3 guilds are going for world first and it would appear (unless Envy catch up sometime soon) that one of these 3 guilds os going to be crowned 25 man champion of MsV.

Stars are stuck at 2/6. Dosen;t seem likely they will get their world first.

Kin Raiders are at 3/6, again, they are not doing anywhere near as good as last tier.

Nihilum are doing pathetic. Kungen sat in his stream slagging off Paragon for taking the 'easy' route whilst he was repeatedly wiping to the first boss on heroic, which even I have down on 25 man. Also Kungen was saying Ensidia would have got world first on every boss in Cataclysm if he didn't go inactive. Trust me, Sco and Riggnaros are 10x better raid leaders than Kungen.

Midwinter seems to be the only 'top' guild who is live streaming progress and they are currently at 3/6. They have quite a few streamers so I would check them out.
    Last edited by mmocb81bc31744; 2012-10-12 at 12:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I thought this was about who was the World first to reach lvl90 with each race. I was curious about the first lvl90 troll. Who kills what first in raid is irrelevant to me. :P

Are you putting up a poll?

Deleted
    Rooting for Method.

Deleted
    It would definitely be nice to see Method get some world firsts. They were the first "major" guild that I became aware of after starting playing the game around the beginning of TBC.

What about Exodus? Serious serious underdogs or forgotten? :P Rooting for them because they're on my server. If not them, then Method for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    What about Exodus? Serious serious underdogs or forgotten? :P Rooting for them because they're on my server. If not them, then Method for sure.
    Exodus are serial cheaters, so maybe we will hear of them too.

Hoping for method, expecting someone else

I think Vodka have a good chance! I reckon its between them and Method

Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    Forever second.

Deleted
    How is it worked out ?
    is it first to kill a boss ? (in this case US has a slight advantage due to when severs reset)
    amount of time after the reset (this being the fairest of all since different zones reset at different times)

Either way I am hoping its some unknown guild that wins.

Rofl a 10 man guild as second. You really pay attention to the world first races!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    My best guess for world 1-3:

1st - Paragon, 2nd - Method, 3rd - Blood Legion.

Who I wish would get Earth first: Blood Legion

Your Tank,
    -Dac

Quote Originally Posted by Badluckandtrouble View Post
    It will be method. If paragon stayed 25 it would be them but 10 man is harder so they can't compete with methods 25. They will come in 2nd or 3rd. Blood legion will never be 1st. They had their chance last tier had a whole week head start and lost it. Hell paragon came back after a week ban and would have beat them if they hadn't taken christmas off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Stars. A bit like Blood Legion. They are a consistent top 10 guild but never seem to get those world firsts.
    Didn't Stars get world first Y+0? Everyone claimed it was impossible to kill until they did it. To top it off, I personally feel that fight is much more difficult that Algalon.

Why is Paragon even there, this should just be 25man world firsts.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    How is it worked out ?
    is it first to kill a boss ? (in this case US has a slight advantage due to when severs reset)
    amount of time after the reset (this being the fairest of all since different zones reset at different times)

Either way I am hoping its some unknown guild that wins.
    First guild in the world to kill the boss. Despite the US having a slight advantage we usually fall behind the EU guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    Rofl a 10 man guild as second. You really pay attention to the world first races!
    I was wondering how long it'd take for this to crop up. I really don't see the difference between 10 and 25 at this point. I kinda wish they'd just make it all 15 man raids so then we wouldn't have this argument anymore...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I kinda wish they'd just make it all 15 man raids so then we wouldn't have this argument anymore...
    yea trying to find 25ppl is hard enough these days haha.

Since when are Paragon and Kin Raiders underdogs? o.O

25 > 10.

Always no matter even if the fight is tuned to favor 25 man. Why? Because finding 25 good players is so much harder than 10. And to communicate boss fights between 25 people is way harder. Thus it will always considered its superior.