Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW sitting at 40fps

Built my friend a computer it is running a I5 3570k 16gigs of ram and a 560TI monitor is a 22inch 1080p asus. Most of the settings are at good or high shadow is at low vertical sync is on and the view distance is on good and it sits around 30-40fps. View distance is the only thing that seems to effect the fps if I turn it down it will hover around 55-60 fps but it looks like shit when it gets turned down. Anybody else having the same problem or any suggestions.

Does he have clean wow installation or did he just copy over to the new computer? I build basically the same pc a month ago and I am sitting on 60 fps almost everywhere...

10+ Year Old Account
    he has a clean install that he did from battle.net hard drive is an ssd everything was new.

Is this in org/SW during peak hours, or flying around the world?

For a 560ti, this seems to be about right.

run ccleaner, disk clean up, defrag. Optimize wow. Install the latest video card drivers from nvidias website.

Turn off shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Is this in org/SW during peak hours, or flying around the world?
    This. The 560 Ti is a decent card, but it is certainly not high end. If your friend is getting 40 FPS in high traffic areas like SW/Org or a 25-man raid, that is about right for the 560 Ti.

I have a 550TI that runs about that in Org during peak hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    in all honesty, cap your frame rate at 25-30 FPS, most people cannot tell the difference between 30 and 60, and that capping reduces stress on CPU/GPU while allowing more power to be brought forward for when lots of things happen at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha so I figured it out he had liquid detail on good he for some reason thought he just had to have it up. Anyways after I turned it to low he jumped up to 60 fps and it didn't drop off and he even turned up his view distance and everything else to either high or ultra except shadows and liquid detail. The 560ti isn't great but come on yall this game is like 3 times older then the 560ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyshnikies View Post
    run ccleaner, disk clean up, defrag. Optimize wow. Install the latest video card drivers from nvidias website.
    I would not recommend running defrag on a SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Calz View Post
    I would not recommend running defrag on a SSD.
    Same here NEVER defrag a SSD as the SSD is like most guys and there work place they prefer organized chaos.
    running a defrag on a SSD is like your mom / significant other comes and cleans your room.
    Sure it looks nice but you wont know where any thing is and you will throw a fit when you cant find what your looking for.

As for the OP i need to know what your currently doing in game if your just questing and doing solo stuff you should be running at around 60 fps
    but if your in sw / org during peek hrs or in a raid it sounds about right