Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And conductivity is a great alternative if you want to run with 2 healers only and want to turn yourself into a healing hybrid (but should be done in combination with unleashed fury imo)
    We tried this for 2-3 pulls, problem is doll nearly always takes one of the other two healer, and as you can't take two totems in a row, we either "lose" totems (bad), or I had to heal in the other world but it's really infective as I couldn't buff the other two dps efficiently (bad too ), so I switched back to heal. Also EB does proc conductivity, and UF doesn't seem to give any "healing" benefit, so I'd say EB is the clear winner if you're trying a conductivity spec.

Also I agree that the dps requirement seem quite insane, but the buff helps a lot once you manage to always stack both dps at 25%, and healer/tanks definitely must assist dps through the fight (asking our feral dps druid to use his tank spec (with HotW) to replace our dk helped a lot, our resto drood took Hotw too, and I used EB nearly on cd as a healer (and stormlash+fire elemental make non-negligible damage)), and we went in ~20pull from "wiping to enrage at 24% with everyone alive" to "killing it 2sec before enrage"
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-10-23 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    We tried this for 2-3 pulls, problem is doll nearly always takes one of the other two healer, and as you can't take two totems in a row, we either "lose" totems (bad), or I had to heal in the other world but it's really infective as I couldn't buff the other two dps efficiently (bad too ), so I switched back to heal. Also EB does proc conductivity, and UF doesn't seem to give any "healing" benefit, so I'd say EB is the clear winner if you're trying a conductivity spec.
    I ran a few dummy sessions and a couple of dungeons to try this out, I don't even know how to begin simming this. I must add that I ran with the trinkets our healer has available (no dmc). The difference between EB and UF is that I would get a more stable healing return from UF, whereas EB would cause more spikes in healing. Hence why I opted for UF, the dps was nearly the same on my tests. Which is of course anything but solid proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    and capacitor+fire elemental make non-negligible damage
    Why did you use capacitor totem? To stun adds or mitigate damage somewhere with a stun?

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Why did you use capacitor totem? To stun adds or mitigate damage somewhere with a stun?
    because I was tired and meant stormlash, my bad ><

also for the conductivity spec, I tried to figure out best "gearing" strategy to heal as much as possible with a conductivity spec. SimC can't handle healing totem and healing rain so it's hard to really sim it, but doing a "EB>ES7>lb" rotation (without the pauses to cast heling rain, so it casted a lot more lb than normal...) gave crit>haste>=mastery for dps. Given that healing rain stay at ~40-60% of your healing anyway, and that mastery doesn't increase it in any way and haste neither except at breakpoint (and you want to be as near as a breakpoint as possible), I went with a "2017haste(*) > hitcap > crit > more haste = mastery", and with a 478 ilevel, went to lfr (no flask/food) and did ~60-65k hps (40k of which being overhealing...) without much trouble (and about 35k dps, but by poping ascendance during non-healing phase and with slightly better use of cd management 40-45k dps seem easily possible without "loosing" much healing) on all three first boss. I could try to upload the logs if you're interested, but given that I gave up the idea of using such a spec for now I didn't gave it much more though

(*) : 2017haste : 6tick on rain, non-goblin, with 5% raid buff but without AS -- I took Echo of the element instead, although EM might be better as it'd give an extra tick to two consecutive healing rain when you pop it. If I could get to 7613 haste I guess taking AS and fetching the 7th breakpoint would be better, but I couldn't. The aim beeing to be as close on top of the cap as possible, so that the rain last for as long as possible to not "waste" conductivity procs (I think it lasted 10,8sec in my case)

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I chose Healing Tide Totem for this fight because the healing is pretty intense in some sections of the fight so an extra (fairly powerful) raid cooldown is always good, and due to the fact that the damage comes in single target phases with no damage buff Ancestral Guidance is pretty meh on this fight. I took Call to complement this incase I ever needed an emergency cooldown (never actually needed it but work having to be safe).
    Call doesnt affect Healing tide, as it has a cooldown of 3 minutes, and it resets anything under 3 minutes.

Unless I am missing some awesome defensive/healing totem, Call is not largely useful, only small things like HST or other utility totems.

This was a very good thread with some good discussion. I remember reading it way back when and would love to see some continued discussion on the rest of heroic MV10 as my guild recently did a full normal content clear and now we're going back to heroics.

p.s. sorry if this is a bad necro, but its only a couple months old.

Why you necroing! On that note, I completely forgot these existed. We should definitely make another one for ToT when it's released.