Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tillers: Easy, fast and fun
    Anglers: Most of these quest are nice, the best way to lvl fishing
    Klaxxi: Buff are fun but it's still the one I like the least
    Golden Lotus: A lot of quest most of them a little too gridy
    Cloud serpent: The first few quest are boring but when you get to the race it got better

BTW: questing as a disc priest slaying quests are longer

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I stopped doing them after a few days.
    ^This, and

All dailies suck, and they will always suck, I hate dailies. The end.
    ^ This.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit we are looking at this entirely differently. Me through more of a story perspective(Fighting an Army of Bugs) and you through more of a Job perspective(Pest Control Dude).
    Incorrect. You are looking at it from a story perspective, I'm looking at it as a good or bad game mechanic. No matter how good the story is, it's still a game, and if you alienate players through crappy quests, you lose everything involved with it.

I'm sure there are MMO's out there with an absolutely FANTASTIC storyline. But I'll never play them, because the game itself sucks. Golden Lotus fits in that category.

I don't mind there being so many dailies, honestly, but for god sakes can you PLEASE increase the quest log to at least 40 or 50!? It's so annoying having to take half the available quests, do them, come back for the other half...

10+ Year Old Account
    i just started on the shado-pan and august celestials dailies and i must say that i cant wait to log in each day to see what ill be doing next, and also cant wait to hit exalted with both factions. awesome mounts, man o man thatll be a good day.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Incorrect. You are looking at it from a story perspective, I'm looking at it as a good or bad game mechanic.
    Pretty much this. The story may be good, but that doesn't make actually doing the quests suck less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Incorrect. You are looking at it from a story perspective, I'm looking at it as a good or bad game mechanic. No matter how good the story is, it's still a game, and if you alienate players through crappy quests, you lose everything involved with it.
    I read your first post over and I don't want to misconstrued what you are saying, do you consdier the "kill X of Y" quest as a bad mechanic? Or is it just dailies in general?

And for that spider quest, the spiders and the egg sacs(or whatever we light on fire) also spawn in the ruins around the edge of that gorge. Finished the quest yesterday, solo in probably 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Pretty much this. The story may be good, but that doesn't make actually doing the quests suck less.
    For me it does. What would make it suck less for you? Not having to do them? having to do them less?

I only really dislike klaxxi so far. too much travel time, sparse mob density next to INSANE mob density, and the zones ugly as heck. 2nd place dislike is the cloud serpents. im bitter about the eggs nerfing and i hate bees.

GL is easy as hell. on my server i just group up with whatever randoms are around and afk flying above them until they complete everything, hehehehehe.
    or if i feel like helping ill phase over to the click-the-15-guys-while mounted quest and jam through that while they do everything on the other side. with a group it only takes like 3 minutes to complete every objective at the first and 2nd areas.

i don't like dailies but i'll do them if i have to (and don't kid yourselves - you have to) but i think this will be it for 'dailies' as we know it from blizzard. i think they've gotten plenty of 'feedback' regarding them =P
    Last edited by tuuvaak; 2012-10-11 at 05:49 PM.

smile!! Hearts loves you!!

i hate dailys :< i liked the 25 cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering most of the dailies don't impacting end game content and are choices, not sure why some people feel like they HAVE to do them. I do about half of them off and on every day.

Tillers: My favorite. Enjoyable.
    Anglers: Do these about 50% of the time. I'm max level in the prof, so not in a rush.
    Klaxxi:Not a fan. I just can't get into the story or the area.
    Golden Lotus: Dont mind them, but as I get down the home stretch of honored, I dont know if I'll grind to exalted too soon.
    Cloud serpent: Do these about 75% of the time. And not every one of them, just the main ones since the others give little rep.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I like the quests, but have to do them in moderation. I am not one of those people that is "OMG MUST GET THEM ALL DONE NOW". The only ones I make sure to get in daily are Tillers, Anglers, and Serpent. If I have time I do Klaxxi, and if I have time after that I do GL. I am in no rush to open up more dailies with AC and SP.

Once I finish up one of the main reputations I am doing, I am going to move to GL. Not going to worry about reputation on alts at all until the reputation change goes through.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    My perspective is slightly biased because I play on a high-pop server which makes some dailies a lot worse than others. I don't even do the dailies at peak time and the areas are jam-packed with other players.

Tillers: I like all their quests except one. The goat meat quest can just DIAF.
    Anglers: No problem here. Nice and quick.
    Klaxxi: A little annoying but bearable.
    Cloud Serpent: The bandage quest is a pain in the arse.
    Golden Lotus: As I said, I am on a high-pop server. The mobs respawn at a constant rate. You kill one and before you can move another has arrived. Takes ages to get out of combat and I have met many a death because I can't. Also the quests where you have to collect something or rescue an NPC have timers that in no way relate to the number of people in the area. The quest in the lake where you have to dive down and collect the rubies? Yeah, screw that. I am not waiting 25 mins to finish one daily. These quests are so annoying that I will skip them more days than not, which in turn slows down my access to Shadow-Pan/Celestials.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    You mind the fact that you have a good work ethic and want to do anything and everything to make yourself better?
    It's a facking video game. It shouldn't necessitate "a good work ethic" just so you can scrape by and continue on mediocrity. The rewards are extremely lackluster for the work put in. Especially for those that don't enjoy doing the dailies and don't have the time to invest into raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The 3 open water fish dailies can take too much time :/ Mine took 3 hours with max skill and lure.

I wouldn't mind the dailys so much if it took me less time to kill everything, Im sitting on a 450 weapon and little to no heroic gear as I have gotten really unlucky with drops, everything else is 347 greens and 350 blues and it feels like an eternity just to get one mob down sometimes. It takes me about an 1 hour just to do the golden lotus ones and by then I want to do something else like run heroics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It's a facking video game. It shouldn't necessitate "a good work ethic" just so you can scrape by and continue on mediocrity. The rewards are extremely lackluster for the work put in. Especially for those that don't enjoy doing the dailies and don't have the time to invest into raids.
    I agree, sort of... but MMOs were always about doing an insane amount of work for what ultimately was a couple pixels at the end. That is the 'fun' of it. And by fun I mean a ridiculous years-long obsession over what is essentially masochistic self-harming for absolutely nothing. Addicting though!

You guys think these dailies are bad? You should've seen some of the things I did for items in EverQuest. I was solicited for sex, both gay and straight, on a number of occasions. I gotta tell ya... I'm still a little sore from 'dat jboots' camp. And the hilt for SoulFire? I'm just glad I didn't end up with 'the gift' in the inside of my mouth for the people I had to blow to get in line for that. Back in Ultima Online I received some real-life death threats over not being willing to trade useless but extremely rare vanity/decorative items. Yeah.... dailies don't look so bad once you've partied with the hard-core in REAL no-lifer MMOs. WOW is a cherry candy shit with sugar on top - you don't even have to get naked!!!!
    Last edited by tuuvaak; 2012-10-11 at 06:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    You can scrape by just fine without doing dailies.

Since you don't like Dailies and you don't have time to raid? why do you even care?

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    You can scrape by just fine without doing dailies.

Since you don't like Dailies and you don't have time to raid? why do you even care?
    basically this -all day baby. all day.
    if you aren't doing anything besides tagging sha, queueing up for regular BGs and leveling alts you really don't need the bad gear from dailies anyway.

Deleted
    I'm to burned out with the game to wanting to burn me even more hence why I only did them once or twice. Dungeons giving 30 VP's is also bad. PVP isn't close from balanced. HC raiding is probably the only interesting part of the game at the moment and I don't have time for that now. Also, didn't even bother with trying the pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    I didn't think they could ever make something more enjoyable than the Molten Front but these dailies are the most fun I've ever had. Thanks Blizzard!
    i specifically love how group friendly most of the dailies are

gogo aoe tanking stuff while i have 2 dps pulling mobs to me!
    randomly have a guild healer pull stuff to me lol

i love the golden lotus dailies because of how group friendly they are, klaxxi as well.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.