BM without a spirit beast?

so i just recently hit 90 and i know that BM is pretty damn good atm and surv is not too bad, anyhow im wanting to play BM but i dont yet have a spirit beast im wanting to know if their is any point BM over Survival without a spirit beast, for pve!!!

A spirit beast doesn't bring anything special damage-wise to BM, just a handy heal. You can use any same-spec'd pet (assuming all buffs/debuffs are covered) as BM and have the same results. Spirit beasts are just exotic so that they have an extra pet special ability and their extra ability happens to be one of the more useful ones, that's the only reason why they are so prevalent (well, and they tend to look cool).

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    A spirit beast doesn't bring anything special damage-wise to BM, just a handy heal. You can use any same-spec'd pet (assuming all buffs/debuffs are covered) as BM and have the same results. Spirit beasts are just exotic so that they have an extra pet special ability and their extra ability happens to be one of the more useful ones, that's the only reason why they are so prevalent (well, and they tend to look cool).
    they also give a mastery buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    they also give a mastery buff.
    Yeah, but so does a cat, which any spec hunter can bring. My point was that they don't have anything particularly unique other than the heal.

Exactly, spirit beasts aren't the reason that BM is the top spec currently. Our burst is. Spirit beasts offer the exact same group buff as cats.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Yeah, but so does a cat, which any spec hunter can bring. My point was that they don't have anything particularly unique other than the heal.
    ah, i wasn't aware of that.

Exotic Beasts have an extra ability they bring to the table, such as spirit beasts have a heal, Devilsaurs have a healing debuff, much like Widow's venom, core hounds bring a bloodlust, but as far as pure dmg goes, you will be perfectly fine with whatever beast you choose to bring, hell im thinking of using my crane (the pink one) as BM
    I see Stupid people!