Poll: Poll

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No, he's not. He's dead.

When he was alive he was the classic example of napoleon complex, what with always being second fiddle to big brother Malfurion. Not evil persay, but a loser who tried to hard, had no game, lost the girl (to his bro no less) and acted all emo about the whole thing.

Wait... no wonder he's so popular with some of the gamer kids.
    I'm not sure he is, without a doubt, dead in lore. I find your claim lacking in evidence. AFAIK, he is still at large somewhere.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No, he's not. He's dead.

When he was alive he was the classic example of napoleon complex, what with always being second fiddle to big brother Malfurion. Not evil persay, but a loser who tried to hard, had no game, lost the girl (to his bro no less) and acted all emo about the whole thing.

Wait... no wonder he's so popular with some of the gamer kids.
    what he said

I like Illidan. If you ask me Malfurion and Tyrande got problems. I suppose I could go so far as to say they Stormrage brothers are both deviant mutate freaks. They both got wing things going on. Illidan is just awesome, whereas Malfurion is birdman.

I guess Illidan is the anti-hero you gotta love to hate I suppose. I always feel like I am expected to fill in the blanks with his character and then form an opinion about his morality based on stuff that is in my head. It kinda bugs me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    -Recreating the well - So his people would have a fount of energy to fight the Burning Legion should it return
    -Drinking the demon blood - To become strong enough to fight the Legion
    -Using the skull of Guldan - To destroy the Lich King
    |
    True.
    But he did those also for personal power.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I'm not sure he is, without a doubt, dead in lore. I find your claim lacking in evidence. AFAIK, he is still at large somewhere.

Kael'thas

/thread

Deleted
    he was power hungry and with his actions cause alot of problems to his race and especially to his brother Maulfurion and his wife Tyrande,so yes he was evil

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    Define ´´evil´´ or this whole topic is pointless
    like stealing candy from a baby evil....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Up until TBC he was definitely not. He was always an example of good intentions achieved by questionable means such corrupting himself with fel magic. He also craved personal power, even if it was for the right reasons once again. This is also the Illidan people want and should remember.

When TBC arrived I'm not really sure what he was. He still had good intentions (He was preparing to the fight off the the Legion), but his methods were just down right loco at this point. He was corrupting and enslaving the natives, and had also partly lost his mind by not being able accept his defeat from Arthas. In a similar way to Arthas during the Culling, his goal of stopping the the Legion seemed to blot out all morality and good. So while I loved Illidan pre-TBC, I've gotta concede that he was slightly evil at this point.

Pre-outlands, I would say no. Once he starts murdering and enslaving all willy nilly though, yea, he crossed the moral event horizon and into "evil". Before that, he was just man enough to do what needed to be done.

As for Arthas during the Culling, does that even count? Everyone was infected. Either you kill them now at no risk, or be overrun by them tomorrow. It was distasteful, but without a cure or any semblance of a hope for a cure before they all turned, his actions were hardly as bad as the games portray. The greater evil would be to wait until they're all undead zombies overrunning the countryside. Arthas during the culling was just a man in a shit situation where every option was horrible, and he chose the least horrible he could. Sure, he was driven by vengeance, but the right choice for the wrong reasons (And is vengeance really wrong?) is still the right choice.
    Last edited by Jonuts; 2012-10-11 at 07:53 PM.

I don't think Illidan is evil. He's just crazy.
    I don't think Garrosh is evil. He's just an idiot.

Illidan is a good guy, more so than Lo'Gash (Wrynn), that guy is a serious nutbag!

Illidan was just corrupted, brain washed, and taken over. But all he did was for the greater good. He is just misunderstood...
    So... Chaotic Good? He strived for the greater good by any (questionable) means necessary, and eventually had his mind taken over by a greater evil.
    Last edited by Seref; 2012-10-11 at 07:57 PM.

Who say's Illadin is evil? Come forward

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Illidan is the perfect WoW demon hunter. Fire to fight fire, and damn the consequences.
    Exactly
    I still hope for no setback, he is my favorite character but he is dead and hope he stays dead, if he comes back it will make mean nothing at all in wow, we killed arthas he will return in 2 exp.. killed Kel'thuzad he returns in 4patches. Pls don't start that route again, Keal'thas at least since day one (as soon you deliver the orb) you know he was not dead

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:46 PM ----------

On other thought, bringing back my favorite bad-ass hero to wow again is very tempting
    I used to play night elves and lose and not caring just to play with Demon Hunter (I hate you Mountain King)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    I always saw him as a good guy, and Maiev as the bad guy. Illidan did nothing wrong, it's the people around him who didn't understand and who called him evil.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    I wouldn't say he's evil. He's...nuanced and mostly just wanted to be left alone.

He used demon magic to fight the legion but the night elves pissed their pants that one of them was using demonic magics even if it wasn't for evil purposes, so they imprisoned him. When Tyrande came to take him out of his prison to help against the legion once more, the fanatical night elf wardens refused to release him, so they had to be dealt with, for the greater good.

Even after that, Maiev continued to hunt him down, dedicated to her job to the bitter end.
    Last edited by mmoc213777db2f; 2012-10-11 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Just curious on your opinions, since Blizzard hinted he's obviously returning, why not discuss his alignment?
    If Blizzard hints, it's not obvious anything is happening. And Metzen asking a crowd if they'd like Illidan to be brought back isn't hinting that they are going to bring him back.

Sadly, though, Metzen doesn't mind cliched tripe, so it could happen.

As for the question, Illidan cares about one thing: Power.
    That makes him chaotic neutral in my mind.

Deleted
    He's not evil, he's gets things done.
    I love Illidan and I really hope they bring him back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sadly, though, Metzen doesn't mind cliched tripe, so it could happen.
    I truly hope this is sarcasm. WoW entire lore is one cliche after another on top of another. To say Metzen doesn't like cliches is like saying water is dry.

Uh, ofcourse Illidan is evil, its weird to see that the ''no'' option is winning by a landslide..

He almost destroyed the Frozen Throne, which would lead to Azeroth's downfall. He ordered Lady Vash to create a second Well of Eternity, and he enslaved the draenei to use them as his personal flesh shield.

Illidan was always hunger for more power, even if it takes to betray his own people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throughout Burning Crusade he seemed to be driven further and further into true villain territory. In Frozen Throne he seemed to have nobler motives - destroying the Lich King, helping the naga and blood elves deal with magical addiction, overthrowing the Burning Legion (in Outland at least).

But by BC he'd gone crazy-flakes. I have to wonder what his motives really were by the end of things - he'd been working for Kil'jaden by the end of Frozen Throne.