Poll: Poll

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    He's better than his hypocrite brother Malfurion and his Prejudice alliance friends
    what what?

Illidan is the same as Arthas essentially. He was doing what he thought was best for his people, which lead to him being manipulated by another force.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    Old Gods, Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras(not in game but he is in lore), Mal'Ganis, Archimonde, Magtheridon, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, and I'm sure others are what I would consider forces of pure evil. Some of those are obviously up for debate, but there are evil villains in wow who intend to do us harm who weren't corrupted or turned.
    I'm sure someone else pointed this out, if not then I am.

Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, even Sargeras were not initially evil, they were corrupted by something else.

Kil, Arch, and their brethren were corrupted by Sargeras, who was corrupted by Mal'Ganis and his brothers, Sargeras wasn't fully evil at the point when he meant them, just highly confused.

Ragnaros and the other elemental lords we have fought were corrupted by the Old Gods.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Illidan is the same as Arthas essentially. He was doing what he thought was best for his people, which lead to him being manipulated by another force.

I'm sure someone else pointed this out, if not then I am.

Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde, Ragnaros, Al'Akir, even Sargeras were not initially evil, they were corrupted by something else.

Kil, Arch, and their brethren were corrupted by Sargeras, who was corrupted by Mal'Ganis and his brothers, Sargeras wasn't fully evil at the point when he meant them, just highly confused.

Ragnaros and the other elemental lords we have fought were corrupted by the Old Gods.
    Nobody is initially evil. You don't get born evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Nobody is initially evil. You don't get born evil.
    Unless you are son of the Third Overlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats just naive. There always exist one living being that is standing in the way. To progress, it must be gone.
    I have to agree with you, there is always someone who has a shoe for a head that only way to progress is to walk over his face

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 08:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    He's better than his hypocrite brother Malfurion and his Prejudice alliance friends
    Who is Malfurion to banish the most powerful ally from Felwood? Illidan already saved Azeroth by killing Tichondrias who was very smart that no way Malfurion trap work on Archimonde as long he was alive
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Illidan was not evil, nor misguided. He always did what it was needed to be done, to preserve his people.

I think the evil one is Malfurion Stormrage.

Malfurion imprisoned Illidan for 10.000 years, for recreating the Sunwell. 10.000 years is too harsh of a penalty, even for an immortal being.
    Illidan claimed it's powers would be necessary in case the Legion would return. He was right.

Then, when the Legion returned, Malfurion failed to recognize Illidan's prevision, and was against releasing his own brother from captivity.
    Talking about being insensitive towards family.
    Illidan was freed by Tyrande, and not by his own brother. What a dick.

Later on, after Illidan consumed the Skull of Guldan, and defeated Tichondrious and his minions, thus clearing Felwood from the Legion's presence.
    Malfurion sensed demonic power in Illidan, failed to see Illidan's achievements and chastised his brother, like a true bigot.

After that, Malfurion interrupted the casting of Eye of Sargeras, which would wipe Azeroth's from the presence of the Lich King.
    Once again, Malfurion misjudges Illidan's actions.

I believe Azeroth would be a better world without Malfurion Stormrage. We killed the wrong brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Malfurion imprisoned Illidan for 10.000 years, for recreating the Sunwell. 10.000 years is too harsh of a penalty, even for an immortal being.
    Just to fix it there, he propably got imprisoned for eternity. He only escaped out of jail as Maiev kindly points out through whole campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Illidan was not evil, nor misguided. He always did what it was needed to be done, to preserve his people.

I think the evil one is Malfurion Stormrage.

Illidan claimed it's powers would be necessary in case the Legion would return. He was right.

Then, when the Legion returned, Malfurion failed to recognize Illidan's prevision, and was against releasing his own brother from captivity.
    Talking about being insensitive towards family.
    Illidan was freed by Tyrande, and not by his own brother. What a dick.

Later on, after Illidan consumed the Skull of Guldan, and defeated Tichondrious and his minions, thus clearing Felwood from the Legion's presence.
    Malfurion sensed demonic power in Illidan, failed to see Illidan's achievements and chastised his brother, like a true bigot.

After that, Malfurion interrupted the casting of Eye of Sargeras, which would wipe Azeroth's from the presence of the Lich King.
    Once again, Malfurion misjudges Illidan's actions.

I believe Azeroth would be a better world without Malfurion Stormrage. We killed the wrong brother.
    Agree with you 100%
    Sadly he sit afk while we kill his "love", if Tyrande chose the right brother, I'd be the one defending her from horde not the other way around
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Agree with you 100%
    Sadly he sit afk while we kill his "love", if Tyrande chose the right brother, I'd be the one defending her from horde not the other way around
    If Tyrande chose "the right brother", most likely the Horde would never been on Azeroth in the first place and the Eastern Kingdoms would be ruled by the Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    If Tyrande chose "the right brother", most likely the Horde would never been on Azeroth in the first place and the Eastern Kingdoms would be ruled by the Trolls.
    How so. Our birdie-elf went to sleep shortly after the war of the ancients anyway, so he didnt affect anything outside the dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How so. Our birdie-elf went to sleep shortly after the war of the ancients anyway, so he didnt affect anything outside the dream.
    Tyrande chosen Malfurion during the War of the Ancients. The Night Elven society would be different if Illidan became the ruler instead of Malfurion. Or Malfurion as solo leader, without Tyrande.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Illidan was the leader, they would been much better already, he won't go to sleep for 10000year surely, he won't even go sleep 1 year away from Tyrande, he risked and risks everything for her
    On other hand if Malfurion was only leader of night elves, they would be sleeping for 10000year with no one to stop the Aqir who would ruled the world already
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    He and Wrathion could have been the best of bros
    They will be the best of bros =D

I agree with the Chaotic Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    He's not evil, just misguided and misunderstood. Everything he did was for the good of his people, he just couldn't see the negative consequences of his actions.

-Recreating the well - So his people would have a fount of energy to fight the Burning Legion should it return
    -Drinking the demon blood - To become strong enough to fight the Legion
    -Using the skull of Guldan - To destroy the Lich King

Siding with Azshara was his only real misstep, but he realized it at the end and essentially saved the world from Sargeras.

He's also my best friend :|
    Just a nitpick:

He used the Eye of Sargeras to (try to) destroy the Lich King, the Skull of Gul'Dan is what he consumed to become half-demon. He never drank demon blood.

Other than that, I agree with you.
    Signature in progress...

Deleted
    Too much Illidan fanboyism in this thread.
    Illidan only ever cared about two things.

Tyrande and Power.

Everything he did was to achieve those two goals.

Quote Originally Posted by cortelas View Post
    Illidan isn't evil. He has never harmed anyone who didn't deserve to be hurt.
    Except for the mag'har, the broken, the villagers of Nendis, the netherwing, and potentially everyone in Northrend that wasn't part of the Scourge.

Chaotic Neutral. Driven by emotions and willpower, pure and simple. Deeper characters cannot be something as shallow and single-sided as good or evil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan isnt evil, but he has been pushed into insanity or to the brink of it by his friends and loved ones who apparently couldnt see it his way, and afterwards didn´t try to help him at least. His actions makes him an idiot, but not evil.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.