Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    HOLY SHITE BATFUK AND OMGOZZERS(yea a bit overboard but WTF were they THINKING) i can confirm that INDEED there is only ONE action bar accessible for PTS. now they say that ALL PTS users are considered "F2P" players so if this is indeed the way the are gonna run it then they effectively shot themselves in da head.

    and the cartel coin cost for each additional one is 250 coins per pop.
    at lvl 14 all my abilities take up all but 2 slots


    man i cant believe the sheer stupidity that they are displaying here with this but well SW:ToR it was a very nice time playing you see ya around
    This statement is saying all players are considered f2p is only on the pts to test out the cash shop, players paying subs currently will not be converted to f2p on live when the patch drops.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    This statement is saying all players are considered f2p is only on the pts to test out the cash shop, players paying subs currently will not be converted to f2p on live when the patch drops.
    well duh i get that, BUT the point is that the PTS is in a F2P format and this is what the F2P will look like and DAMN that is stupid, why would you limit a F2Per to just ONE bar. i really do hope that its just to test the shop for buying more bars but damn man thats just stupid

  3. #63
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well duh i get that, BUT the point is that the PTS is in a F2P format and this is what the F2P will look like and DAMN that is stupid, why would you limit a F2Per to just ONE bar. i really do hope that its just to test the shop for buying more bars but damn man thats just stupid
    Sorry some bad reading comprehension on my part I understood something else in your message. As it stands, yes one action bar for FTP players but who knows if community backlash will make them have a change of heart prior to going live. I seriously doubt it though it reeks of corporate greed.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Sorry some bad reading comprehension on my part I understood something else in your message. As it stands, yes one action bar for FTP players but who knows if community backlash will make them have a change of heart prior to going live. I seriously doubt it though it reeks of corporate greed.
    In the past community backlash has been met with condescending remarks and indifference.

    "han and chewie didn't go dicking around in space".

    I don't have a lot of faith that voicing concern will sway them from their course. I will still try.

    But they seem very determined to punish people for trying their video game.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  5. #65
    i was looking at the PTS forums and saw this
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547547
    taken from somebody there

    Stop with the punitive actions in regards to mission rewards. Being told you have to pay to take the item you get for a quest is ridiculous. After not being able to take a small credit case from one of my legacy quests, I was agitated to say the least. Let my mission rewards be my mission rewards.
    (nother quote to it)
    This actually shocked me - I finished a quest and was literally shocked to see that I couldnt accept the quest reward without paying for it in the CC shop? It was only a crappy pair of green lvl bracers!

    WTF EAware you NEED to PAY for accepting MISSION REWARDS. i mean damn how are people supposed to enjoy a game when they have to stop and dig in their wallets every 2hrs and PAY for MORE coins to do the BASIC of this games play.

    i dont know........if all thses stupid things make it to PTS i dotn think my sub will pay for their stupidity anymore

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 03:51 PM ----------

    i was looking at the PTS forums and saw this
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=547547
    taken from somebody there

    Stop with the punitive actions in regards to mission rewards. Being told you have to pay to take the item you get for a quest is ridiculous. After not being able to take a small credit case from one of my legacy quests, I was agitated to say the least. Let my mission rewards be my mission rewards.
    (nother quote to it)
    This actually shocked me - I finished a quest and was literally shocked to see that I couldnt accept the quest reward without paying for it in the CC shop? It was only a crappy pair of green lvl bracers!

    WTF EAware you NEED to PAY for accepting MISSION REWARDS. i mean damn how are people supposed to enjoy a game when they have to stop and dig in their wallets every 2hrs and PAY for MORE coins to do the BASIC of this games play.

    and then there is this, as a F2Per you are gimped xp gains by 20% and will need to buy xp boosts or sub for the boost
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5994320...in/photostream

    It clearly states you are getting XP at a reduced rate. Plus I ran a test on live.... between two lvl 10's killing the same mobs there is clearly a diff in xp... it looks to me to be about 20%.

    i dont know........if all thses stupid things make it to PTS i dotn think my sub will pay for their stupidity anymore

  6. #66
    I didnt expect the game to be 100% free, limited FP, and Wz I considered resonable, not be to equip epic items hard to swallow but ok.

    1 freaking bar and not being able to take quest rewards, wtf are they thinking?
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I didnt expect the game to be 100% free, limited FP, and Wz I considered resonable, not be to equip epic items hard to swallow but ok.

    1 freaking bar and not being able to take quest rewards, wtf are they thinking?
    Yeah, pretty much this. As much as I'm in favor of the F2P thing going ahead, that was just way too much.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  8. #68
    well i was reading more on the thread and apparently its only the credit boxes that you will need to pay coins for not the greens. but they are still killing their game with whats going on on PTS

  9. #69
    Well hopefully they take all of that feedback into account and adjust their scheme a bit. As it is now, it's very heavy handed and certainly won't help to bring people in to play.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well i was reading more on the thread and apparently its only the credit boxes that you will need to pay coins for not the greens. but they are still killing their game with whats going on on PTS
    Multiple F2P accounts, each taking Slicing on the characters, just doing credit boxes. I'm pretty sure that Slicing is credit-positive, so this is basically free money that you can then transfer to your main. Sounds like a recipe for massive credit inflation.

    Putting the credit boxes behind a paywall seems like the best way to avoid this exploit, while still allowing F2P players to take Slicing to make augments.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Multiple F2P accounts, each taking Slicing on the characters, just doing credit boxes. I'm pretty sure that Slicing is credit-positive, so this is basically free money that you can then transfer to your main. Sounds like a recipe for massive credit inflation.

    Putting the credit boxes behind a paywall seems like the best way to avoid this exploit, while still allowing F2P players to take Slicing to make augments.
    You do realize you can already do this, have your alts take slicing, go around whatever planet to want to play on and loot the resources, then send it to your main. But in all honesty its just better to do dailies on your main, you get more credits.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    But in all honesty its just better to do dailies on your main, you get more credits.
    This.

    If you really have a boner for credits you can make several million a week through dailies and AH.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    You do realize you can already do this, have your alts take slicing, go around whatever planet to want to play on and loot the resources, then send it to your main. But in all honesty its just better to do dailies on your main, you get more credits.
    Yes, but 1) you cap out at 8 characters or so, 2) you're currently subscribed and paying Bioware some money.

    Now imagine automating it and doing it with 100+ F2P accounts and not paying Bioware a dime for any of those accounts. Some F2P restrictions have to exist just to make things harder for gold sellers and other scammers.

  14. #74
    Getting credits in SWTOR isnt that difficult, so buying credits not a big priority. Some people will always buy things like that, but it isnt a big problem like in some other games.

  15. #75
    Eh.. they have nerfed slicing a few times. It's still mostly credit positive, but not by that much anymore.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Eh.. they have nerfed slicing a few times. It's still mostly credit positive, but not by that much anymore.
    Unless you spend a lot of time picking them up in the world AND only doing credit missions. It can be huge money, but it takes effort. I would combine this with dailies if you really want a lot of cash fast.
    Formerly known here as Nakaya_Kilrogg.
    I don't play Nak anymore, I'm not on Kilrogg, and
    I haven't played WoW seriously since the end of LK.

  17. #77
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,243
    It does seem that in order to really make any kind of profit for gold sellers, they would need to create thousands of accounts. Since the majority of offenders are overseas, it would be pretty easy to block some IP addresses. I mean just to get beyond one companion they would have to level a significant amount of time and then still have so many accounts it would be easy to notice.

    I can't see that as a valid reason for this restriction. So my verdict is a little money grubbing, like some other features. A lot is getting better, but there's still a long way to go.

  18. #78
    Bloodsail Admiral dannypoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK/Wales
    Posts
    1,076
    I watched the trailers again and really want to play again but I was wondering how the game has changed?
    how is the dungeon finder is the que times fast?
    also are proffs still alchemy/herbing best by far for the none comsumed pots

  19. #79
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    I watched the trailers again and really want to play again but I was wondering how the game has changed?
    how is the dungeon finder is the que times fast?
    also are proffs still alchemy/herbing best by far for the none comsumed pots
    The group finder works wonders imo. The average time I spend queued is under a minute. Usually under 10 seconds but it depends on the time of day I guess. Bloody quick regardless.
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  20. #80
    I'd like to point out that you can always sub for the game if you disslike the f2p option.

    You are able to get to 50, I say again, to 50, without having to pay. If they want to make you pay for the extra fluff/luxury... its in their right. The game is getting its extra fluff slowly but surely, its normal that paying customers can endulge themselves in it while the f2p pays for every extra fluff part.

    I believe this is what was said a few weeks back "I don't mind paying for the extra fluff, even if I have to pay extra, aslong as I know what I'm getting". Whereas now you see the same people flipping their tables out of anger because "EAware", as someone put it, is actually making you pay for the luxury/vanity and its not just pay to win/pay to get inside ops/fps/wz's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •