[Patch 5.1] Windwakers update

Does anyone know if the change regarding RSK listed on MMo-C is only a tooltip update or a real buff ?

Rising Sun Kick (Windwalker) Also causes all targets within 8 yards to take an increased 10% 15% damage from your abilities for 15 sec.

It's a real buff, assuming it was datamined correctly and we're not missing anything.

If it looks like a buff, sounds like a buff, and reads like a buff - then it is probably a buff.

Yes, it's a buff.

Remember this is very early in the PTR and data mining is never perfect. We could be missing another huge nerf like energy generation being nerfed to 8/sec or something. God forbid.

Considering where WW dps currently is, I would assume an overall DPS buff would be more likely than a "huge nerf."

Mine says 10% on the tooltip in my action bar. But when i hover over the debuff on the mob, it says 15%.

Might be a tooltip correction?

According to the tweet GC posted, it's a tooltip correction. Too bad

Yeah was just coming here to post that, just a tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    Considering where WW dps currently is, I would assume an overall DPS buff would be more likely than a "huge nerf."
    I guess I'm just not seeing it and I don't do any extremely high end raiding, but I'm topping meters constantly on my WW. The class scales insanely well with better gear. Glad to see buffs though : P

Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    I guess I'm just not seeing it and I don't do any extremely high end raiding, but I'm topping meters constantly on my WW. The class scales insanely well with better gear. Glad to see buffs though : P
    Don't talk out of your ass please. Topping meters in your little tea party means absolutely nothing in bigger scale of things.

The spec is subpar at everything: damage is lacking, utility is nonexistent, worst scaling out of every DPS spec. Also as said, RSK "fix" is just a tooltip correction. Guess we'll have to wait a bit until Blizzard starts balancing, but currently the competitive WW community simply doesn't exist because the spec sucks so much. Without competitive community, we get comments like the one above and nobody is bringing our real issues to light.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is just a tooltip change but I know for one I would like a buff somewhere down the road. I thought i was doing well i have a decent amount of gear and the polearm for raid but i can the flaws in our ability to dps already. I would like if we have a little bit of cleave damage like the other melee for one so when we have a boss like the first boss in vaults rogues that i out gear and i know i can compete with on a skill level don't just dump on me. I also feel that our burst is lacking.

So Blizz is doing updates for Nintendo games now?

*ducks and takes cover*

An increase to Rising Sun Kick debuff would be welcome, but I would rather see changes directed at our bigger flaws.
    - Raid Utility that is useful.
    - Scaling. Would love to see how they are going to fix this one, but I think having a generic "increases agility/ap by 15% passive" would certainly be in the right direction.
    - Extremely high penalty for rotational mistakes. Another difficult problem to tackle. I would personally move a much larger portion of our dps into FoF, while allowing it to be cast while moving at the expense of losing the stun.

Quote Originally Posted by danpaladin View Post
    Extremely high penalty for rotational mistakes
    Are we playing two different Windwalker specs? Rotational mistakes make very little difference for the Windwalker I'm playing. It's part of the reason our DPS is so consistent even during odd fights like Will of the Emperor or The Stone Guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Don't talk out of your ass please. Topping meters in your little tea party means absolutely nothing in bigger scale of things.

The spec is subpar at everything: damage is lacking, utility is nonexistent, worst scaling out of every DPS spec. Also as said, RSK "fix" is just a tooltip correction. Guess we'll have to wait a bit until Blizzard starts balancing, but currently the competitive WW community simply doesn't exist because the spec sucks so much. Without competitive community, we get comments like the one above and nobody is bringing our real issues to light.
    His "tea party" as you call it is his experience and it is as relevant as the next person's. If you're bad, your monk is bad. Sorry bout it!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    His "tea party" as you call it is his experience and it is as relevant as the next person's. If you're bad, your monk is bad. Sorry bout it!
    I agree. My numbers are equally insignificant as his, or anyone elses. We need to look at the bigger picture, and there are two great tools for that. One is Simcraft, other is Raidbots. Simcraft shows WW in pretty bad spot, but as we all know, Simcraft can be buggy and isn't a perfect representation of real world (of warcraft). Raidbots hasn't updated to include monks yet, but as per their blog, this update should hit this weekend, most likely within next 24 hours.

The lack of scaling is derived from in-game testing mainly during beta and Simcraft results. The lack of utility and lack of cleave are facts that are clear when one takes a look at our spellbook, they can't really be disproven.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    The lack of scaling is derived from in-game testing mainly during beta and Simcraft results. The lack of utility and lack of cleave are facts that are clear when one takes a look at our spellbook, they can't really be disproven.
    Absolutely right!