Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    honestly, I was expecting a few more things from patch 5.1 ( like the important stuff we really need pvp wise) :/

Deleted
    Look at Ghostcrawler's tweet, those are mostly tooltip fixes the 5.1 changes are yet to be seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Look at Ghostcrawler's tweet, those are mostly tooltip fixes the 5.1 changes are yet to be seen.
    You might've missed the fact I said I removed the tooltip fixes from the first post.

Deleted
    I was talking to wholol just above my post

but there was like 3 change outside tooplip fixes qu1rex just listed them .. and they are all crap, but w/e lets see what the other notes will bring prob more crap

Soul Consumption:

Getting a 60% heal from Shadowburn was OP. (Killing Blow +20%, +2 embers = 40%)

Deleted
    40% no ? Since you use one Ember for the Shadowburn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Soul Consumption:

Getting a 60% heal from Shadowburn was OP. (Killing Blow +20%, +2 embers = 40%)
    OP for whom? Your target is dead.

Tell me honestly what is the point having that glyph? It's still much better to execute with Shadowburn than it is for Chaosbolt in all ways.

Having that glyph is really good for when farming monsters... Infact that's the only thing it's remotely useful for.
    Glyph of Siphon life is so bad i'm sure nobody needs to point that out to you, why make a selection of horrible glyphs even worse?

Surely you should be trying to make some of the other ones more attractive? I don't understand the purpose of Soul Consumption AT ALL now.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2012-10-11 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    shadowburn costs 1 shard yes, but it gives you that shard back + another if it deals the killing blow. so Xel is correct.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    OP for whom? Your target is dead.

Tell me honestly what is the point having that glyph? It's still much better to execute with Shadowburn than it is for Chaosbolt in all ways.

Having that glyph is really good for when farming monsters... Infact that's the only thing it's remotely useful for.
    Glyph of Siphon life is so bad i'm sure nobody needs to point that out to you, why make a selection of horrible glyphs even worse?

Surely you should be trying to make some of the other ones more attractive? I don't understand the purpose of Soul Consumption AT ALL now.
    its A BIT usable in pve not much but just a bit.. outside that holy hell dude delete it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    shadowburn costs 1 shard yes, but it gives you that shard back + another if it deals the killing blow. so Xel is correct.
    You gained only one ember in the process, not two.

Deleted
    It would be a good qol change to remove/reduce the cd on activating meta can you sneak that one into 5.1 xel?

Alot of the changes are just tooltip corrections. The Grimore of Sac cd reduction was needed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddi2biT View Post
    It would be a good qol change to remove/reduce the cd on activating meta can you sneak that one into 5.1 xel?
    Would prefer to just make Corruption castable in Meta, would especially help during the execute when you're dancing between stances like a crazy thing; failing that, this is a good second best.

You need to think in terms of trades.

Two guys are on you, you are at low health, you kill the first guy. Your Shadowburn kills the other guy, you get +20% health from Soul Consumption and then +40% from the embers you got from Shadowburn.

There is now a decent chance you can beat the 2nd guy. That's pretty OP battleground sustain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    You need to think in terms of trades.

Two guys are on you, you are at low health, you kill the first guy. Your Shadowburn kills the other guy, you get +20% health from Soul Consumption and then +40% from the embers you got from Shadowburn.

There is now a decent chance you can beat the 2nd guy. That's pretty OP battleground sustain.
    So you get a killing blow with Victory rush, you're in the same boat? Except if you trade your 2 embers for ember tap, your damage output is reduced to negligible levels.

That's beside the point, what's the reason for even having the glyph anymore? It's still better to execute using Shadowburn...
    Ember Tap heals for more and if you don't need the healing, you have an Ember to Chaosbolt, there is no reason (ever) to use Chaosbolt to kill a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you even tried to finish someone sub 20% with Chaos Bolt, they'd be dead or healed before you finished the cast... is that not the whole point behind Shadowburn?

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    That's beside the point, what's the reason for even having the glyph anymore? It's still better to execute using Shadowburn...
    Ember Tap heals for more and if you don't need the healing, you have an Ember to Chaosbolt, there is no reason (ever) to use Chaosbolt to kill a target.
    ... unless you have this OPTIONAL glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather have a nerf to the glyph then a nerf to ember tap, and from spending time in BG I could totally see why something was needed....

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Gateway change is confusing, it can be useless 10 minutes longer now?
    My thoughts exactly. (-_-)

I will burn your soul.