Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    oh, forget something can we name a cool name for that spell? like deathwings will or chain of chaos something that make me scream " GET OPED BRO" when i land it

What if it did a strong knockback instead of a 5 sec stun?

Oh... and it's currently got a very cool name...

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

I would be okay with that if it didn't cost an ember.

20 yrds knockback with 3sec root after.
    instant 45 sec cd (30% mana) NO EMBER COST FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

make it like hunter's traps but with a greater radius so we can put that into the ground and BOOM, name it magmatrap (ragnaros feelings)

i actually think a knockback would be better than a stun, cause of DR reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Xelnath's Fury?
    Xelnath's Vengeance?
    Xelnath Coil?
    Seed of Xelnath?
    Rain of Xelnath?
    Unending Xelnath?
    Unstable Xelnath?

or my favorite: Summon Xelnath?

Sorry, just had to

No, no, I would never put my name on an ability. That would mean I'd never get to use it again in another game :|

holy hell thats awesome im expecting big things on that name xD

and about the knocback, i will rather to have a "decent knockback" and my stun, unless we are talking about something like :

cremation wave : unleash a wave of fire that melts enemys who get struck on in knocking them back for 30yrds slowed by 70%(if dispeled the target get rooted for 4 secs) and on a 12 sec CD ( pretty op lol) but this is the only case i could trade that stun for the strong knockback

or we can get in a mid ground having the single target stun for 5 secs or 4(single target) and the chance to spread it and a decent knockback in a 20 sec cd like carrion swarm is

also i dont really thing an AOE stun is needed if you put it in a single target theres MUCH strategy and game play involved with HAVOC and actually it could be start being usable srsly im just using havoc to generate embers nothing else. double CBING ppl isnt any kinda of good

1. you can break CC with it
    2. dmgs is pretty weak if you look at the whole defensive CDS and self healing that classes have now so if the target is not getting CB chained is pointless double CBing

also another point i wanted to discuss is that overrall defensive CDS and selfhealing is out of control, every class has everything and thats not good, i mean its make everyone kinda of inmortal and pretty hard to land kills i got an idea yesterday to fix this issue:

if you desing x class let say ret pally with % dmgs reduction on cd self heal movility and also absortion and inmunity this + healers CD its really painful to kill, but if you get and desing those ret pallys like having one of those defenses but a really strong one like, % dmgs reduction on a CD one or 2 like 60% dmgs reduction no selfheal (outside the casteable ones but the heals should be pretty weak) and a decent mobility + healers CDS will make them more killeable NOTE: IM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT PALLYS

then we have another class lets say dks, you remove their inmunity % reduction but you let them with a strong selfheal so they must stick into a target to stay alive or in some moment they can pop a CD that heals them, this will make them more killeable

then mages, you remove the selfheal, remove the inmunity and you let them with non-dispeleable shields strong ones

and you can have a class like for just saying druids, that can have them all but weak in some degree

all this + healers cd will make the game more enjoyable cuse ATM killing some one is jsut a pain in the ass for real. too much survivality somethig needs to be dome about this reducing healing or reducing defensive cds its pretty frustrating actually
    Last edited by gez; 2012-10-13 at 02:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I still get Summon Xelnath? Could be an enhanced Imp that doesn't use Firebolt but AoE Chaos Bolts instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    Xelnath's Fury?
    Xelnath's Vengeance?
    Xelnath Coil?
    Seed of Xelnath?
    Rain of Xelnath?
    Unending Xelnath?
    Unstable Xelnath?

or my favorite: Summon Xelnath?

Sorry, just had to

actually if you name it " xelnath sense of balance " will make it more scary lol, admit it being balance by him is pretty scary

also xel could you please give me an update about destro state in pve? it will remain like this or you are doing something about it ?
    Last edited by gez; 2012-10-13 at 02:22 AM.

Dont really like the idea of a knock back, melee have way too many gap closers and it just wouldn't do anything most of the time. (also we have it already with the succubus). It never ceases to amaze me how a warrior can actually keep up with me when I'm porting all over the map with gateway + portal atm when I manage to get a gateway down.

I think the stun should be single target, 4-5 seconds, 1 min cd, 1 ember cost. Possibly requires RoF or immolate. AOE stun would be really OP. Maybe some extra flavor, there could be some sort of effect like "fire spells which hit your stunned target explode causing x% additional damage" (this might be op tho)

You guys are exaggerating the ember cost. You will have plenty of embers in an arena game, you shouldn't just be spamming a chaos bolt every time u get 1 ember. 1 ember per minute on an good stun like that is a more then fair tradeoff. I would MUCH rather spend an ember than have this thing on a dumb 3 min CD.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2012-10-13 at 02:41 AM.

Deleted
    I can't believe locks arn't actually nerfed.... They are completely over the top with ferals on single target fights. Its idiotic how you can barely compete with them..

if the stuns goes live being single target it should be 30-45 sec cd 5 sec duration and no cost if it goes being AOE yep its ok that cost an ember and being struck in rain of fire thats ok for me, but as i pointed having the stun and a decent knockback aint gonna make the class broken aff really needs something to selfpeel away melees, but destro more than aff so destro getting both and aff getting one it will put the specs in a decent place

Yea thats true, affliction actually doesn't have anything that destro doesn't have in terms of melee peeling. Destro is actually better at surviving because of ember tap.

Xel, two things. first - demo wand fix plz
    second - your post about the first incarnation of that ability, even without its name (which you now just mentioned is very cool), MAKES IT SOUND SO UNBELIEVABLY COOL.
    if you have to balance it towards the negative, please keep those base concepts in place, cause its just SO cool. aoe stun, ember cost, decent cooldown, unstoppable cast time, sick name. done.

Quote Originally Posted by scmpoe View Post
    Dont really like the idea of a knock back, melee have way too many gap closers and it just wouldn't do anything most of the time. (also we have it already with the succubus).
    Personally I love the idea of a power knockback, particularly if it's a knockback plus root or knockdown. The knockback on the succubus is so small as to be irrelevant. Besides, if you want to talk about doubling up on abilities, we already have an AoE stun option with Shadowfury.

Yes, melee have gap closers to counter our gap openers. That doesn't make gap openers useless. They just feel useless right now because Warlocks have too few of them, so a melee foe always has a way to trump what we do. A powerful gap opener on a modest cooldown, 45s to 1m, seems like just the thing. That would be enough to give a Warlock a chance to get off those big high impact spells.

The defensive cooldowns are enough to survive heavy attacks for a short while, but that's all they do in PvP; buy a short period of survival. It's still very hard to actually cast anything, between interrupts and old fashioned circle staffing. Then the cooldowns expire and you're a soft target. The ability to apply enough control in some form to create a casting window is vital. A knockback is perhaps preferable to a stun, because stuns always feel cheap and honestly there are too many stuns flying around as it is.

As long as it doesn't cost an ember lmao. But a stun is alot better because then we are gonna get our chaos bolts off no matter what unless our opponent trinkets. A knockback does not guarantee that we get that cast off. Especially with all the gap closers currently ingame. My vote goes to a stun without a shadow of a doubt. And btw my observer's name is Xelath
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2012-10-13 at 03:41 AM.

I'd like that Destro spell to be something like a Fiery Jail that encases the target for 8 secs. The jailed target can not be targetted. The jail would deal damage to the target every second and can be destroyed by the prisoner and his/her friendly targets. Somewhat like a destroyable cyclone. The jail's healthpool should scale with gear.

I'd love that :P

After reading the feedback on this new destro spell, I would suggest these small tweaks (assuming you're sticking with the stun effect).

45-60 sec cooldown, 4-5 sec single target stun on a target affected by immolate or RoF, no ember cost.
    Affected by FnB to stun all targets around your target, full duration on immolated/RoF targets, half duration on non-immolated/RoF targets.

- Removes the requirement of embers with the trade-off of making it single target, but retains the aoe effect with at the ember cost.
    - AoE portion is more forgiving with only requiring one target to be under the effect of Immolate/RoF, but more effective if the targets are affected.

the name is cataclysm for those who are wondering. (a lil bird told me)

hahaha nice name