Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Screenshot? I'm not seeing this happen at all.

Just jumped on the PTR.. Yes it is dotting the target for 3 seconds for 25% of total CB damage.

HOWEVER, its a GoSac thing, they've obviously removed the GoSac benefit from CB direct damage, but added the 25% bonus as a 3sec dot instead.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    Just jumped on the PTR.. Yes it is dotting the target for 3 seconds for 25% of total CB damage.

HOWEVER, its a GoSac thing, they've obviously removed the GoSac benefit from CB direct damage, but added the 25% bonus as a 3sec dot instead.
    Ah, that would explain it, I use GoSup for questing.

Massive nerf for pvp, and not even a cast time reduction. fml

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Massive nerf for pvp, and not even a cast time reduction. fml
    25% isn't the end of the world but its non DS damage now is going to be absurdly bad - more embers for Cata!

W/e. Was really hoping for a sustained buff or a rework altogether. Meh. Finishing the mage anyway.

Dont have the ptr installed atm, what happens to the dot if say you are chaining chaos bolts with CD's up. Does it stack up or are we going to basicly have to let the dot fall off before the next bolt hits because it overwrites it?

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    25% isn't the end of the world but its non DS damage now is going to be absurdly bad - more embers for Cata!

W/e. Was really hoping for a sustained buff or a rework altogether. Meh. Finishing the mage anyway.
    cata is a piece of crap not sure why the rangd got nerfed, also doting with GocSac wasnt a bad nerf i mean it could be worse, i just hope inci get a 10% dmgs

Quote Originally Posted by Revantis View Post
    Dont have the ptr installed atm, what happens to the dot if say you are chaining chaos bolts with CD's up. Does it stack up or are we going to basicly have to let the dot fall off before the next bolt hits because it overwrites it?
    Was just testing that, and it does extend it so to speak, as I've chained to backdrafted CBes from close range, and it did a total of 6 ticks over the whole duration.

As of the damage, its actually the same, considering the dot being a crit too, the question here is, can the dot be dispelled?
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Quote Originally Posted by Revantis View Post
    Doing some quick testing, it appears to overwrite. Two back-to-back Backdrafted Chaos Bolts and I'm only getting 5 ticks instead of 6, and if a buff falls off before I finish the second bolt the remaining three ticks are weaker.

edit: Tested from mid-range. When testing from point-blank I got all 6 ticks. Tested starting at long range and running up to close with KjC, I only got 5 ticks (though 4 were from the second bolt).

This is funky.

Also, it's a magic debuff, so presumably it can be dispelled.

edit 2: If I had a guess, refreshing the DoT can extend it by one tick. Since the damage is refreshed instead of rolled into the new DoT, it's potentially possible to see some 'Chaos Bolt munching' with back-to-back CBs (especially under haste effects, like Backdraft or Bloodlust).

That's a problem, and it'll impact PvE DPS.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-10-27 at 04:43 AM.

Was just testing that, and it does extend it so to speak, as I've chained to backdrafted CBes from close range, and it did a total of 6 ticks over the whole duration.

As of the damage, its actually the same, considering the dot being a crit too, the question here is, can the dot be dispelled?
    nice, i almost wish they would have put a little more thought into it and made it debuff the target increasing incinerate/conflags dmg by a really good chunk like 15% for 8s or somthing rather then a dot but oh well, i guess its too late for a rework and the dot will have to do. As gez said maybe they will take a second look at destro's dmg and throw it a bone. Thanks for the reply.

Guys... help.. HELP!!!

the Agony formula wasn't a tooltip change... IT FUCKING WASN'T!
    So a nerf or buff? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Heatuss View Post
    So a nerf or buff? XD
    I actually deleted that post, I was to fast with it.. its actually the same, after checking live I noticed that.. it was one of them panic attacks..

I mean... if it does the 25% chaos bolt damage over 3 seconds its not that huge of a nerf... unless your relying on globaling something in 1 second. Burst usually takes place over a few sec so the dot will fully tick when you are try to get a kill.

Seems like its mostly to tone down the initial number people see in their combat log so that people stop qqing.
    Last edited by scmpoe; 2012-10-27 at 04:05 AM.

Did demon soul get changed to a curse?

Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Did demon soul get changed to a curse?
    Yes, it was changed to a buff curse last build.

Chaosbolt sounds like much less fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Yes, it was changed to a buff curse last build.
    So this means it's undispellable to any kind of purge effect, including spell steal? Can anyone confirm 100% this?

Wish Xel was back with us.

The new Cataclysm animation is stunningly amazing. Too bad it got an unnecessary nerf.. range reduced and increased cast time? -> "Hey, that warlocks is casting Cataclysm, lets get out of it and be ready to kill him when he finishes casting" or "hey, we have 4 secs to kill a self-stunned warlock".

Seriously, 3 secs channeling is the way to go, and the radius should definitely go back to 10 yd.

Or at least let it be affected by Backdraft, it makes sense.

Btw, you guys who's testing out on ptr, that change to SB:SS , what was it about? seen any change to the spell? or was it just a tooltip wording change?