Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Rogue 5.1 Patch notes

Here they are :

It's the first build anyways, so we'll keep waiting I guess.

EDIT : Please fellow rogues, ignore the posters that drop by this forum just to say things "Now you have to learn to play lol" and company because it only leads to the thread being closed.
    EDIT#2 :
    @ghostcrawler Nearly all data-mined 5.1 class changes are old hotfixes that everyone already has. We haven't made many new 5.1 class changes yet.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2012-10-11 at 09:45 PM.

Hey, it's just like beta!

I am pretty sure the vast majority of those listed are already on live, that list was just from datamining tooltips which we don't have updated on live. Pretty sure there was a note with that list saying the same thing. Though I do agree, we need some damn attention. I'm not asking to be #1 on damage, but how about being fair about damage and utility... I mean omgwtf feral druid damage in addition to all that other stuff...

Deleted
    Looking good so far. Especially like that they've finally introduced... I've been waiting forever for them to do that. Also looking forward to testing...

Deleted
    Not sure about the vast majority, but Blood DKs got damage nerfs, mages got a new glyph and a new passive, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichu View Post
    Hey, it's just like beta!
    Except beta had a bunch of hidden nerfs because they got rid of so many talents.

I sure hope they fix some issues. Even a bandaid solution would be nice. The blue on the official forums awhile ago was promising, so here's to hoping it will come later in the PTR, but I really don't think it will last that long.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I am pretty sure the vast majority of those listed are already on live, that list was just from datamining tooltips which we don't have updated on live. Pretty sure there was a note with that list saying the same thing. Though I do agree, we need some damn attention. I'm not asking to be #1 on damage, but how about being fair about damage and utility... I mean omgwtf feral druid damage in addition to all that other stuff...
    Yeah. Pretty much every single one of the other class changes are already on live via hotfix. The tooltips are just updated on PTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Except beta had a bunch of hidden nerfs because they got rid of so many talents.

I sure hope they fix some issues. Even a bandaid solution would be nice. The blue on the official forums awhile ago was promising, so here's to hoping it will come later in the PTR, but I really don't think it will last that long.
    A new expansion was "promising". I wouldn't get my hopes up just because of a blue post.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    A new expansion was "promising". I wouldn't get my hopes up just because of a blue post.
    Wait, why was a new expansion "promising"? I saw new expansion and immediately went to "great, time to get ****ed over again" because I figured that what happened with wrath and cata would repeat yet again. Sure they give us new toys, but that doesn't make up for being really underpowered in the dps department and still having basically no utility.

If anything its the patches after that are promising because those have been where we actually got our good changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    Considering it's the first one in many, many months and actually asked for feedback, it was nice. It was probably just a post to do just that though: be nice. However, the majority of the people posting in that thread were derps, so they may have just ignored all the feedback.

A fairly serious overhaul is needed. I'm not expecting that in 5.1, but just something.

These changes are really over the top, rogues are going to be so OP.

Guys, the changes are stealthed JEEEZ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Guys, the changes are stealthed JEEEZ
    I even tried to hilight it.

/tar Rogue
    /cast Flare
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    I actually think the lack of any update notes regarding rogues might allude to a massive overhaul being on the cards... but hay, I am an optimist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wait, why was a new expansion "promising"? I saw new expansion and immediately went to "great, time to get ****ed over again" because I figured that what happened with wrath and cata would repeat yet again. Sure they give us new toys, but that doesn't make up for being really underpowered in the dps department and still having basically no utility.

If anything its the patches after that are promising because those have been where we actually got our good changes.
    Because a new expansion is another chance for them to redeem themselves; especially after having stated something along the lines of "The rogue class needs some changes, but we won't be able to carry them out in a single patch, so we'll wait for the upcoming expansion." I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure we had a blue post telling us something along those lines at some point through Cataclysm.

Needless to say, the things they did do could easily have been patched in, and the only major change was a change to our poison system. The post above made MOP seem exciting to me, and I awaited the changes with Anticipation(LOLHURR), but alas... Disregarded page after disregarded page of beta-threads killed all of my hope as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggasaurus View Post
    I actually think the lack of any update notes regarding rogues might allude to a massive overhaul being on the cards... but hay, I am an optimist.
    I'll write this in a small piece of paper and keep it near my Thor figurine, with a lighted candle. Just next to my Firefly dvd.
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggasaurus View Post
    OR...!
    The changes are in fact simply tool-tip corrections. We have no changes in our tool-tips because our tool-tips are perfect! Perfectly designed tool-tips! I finally understand...!

Deleted
    There is literally no update or tool tip corrections for rogue, yet every other class is represented.. to me that smells fishy.

Perhaps they would not post any updates for spells which may not potentially even be there anymore? *hints at whole class redign* / crosses fingers!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this idea in my mind that Blizz has certain teams or pool of ppl assigned to certain class. Like, it has its "Mage team", and its "Druid team" and so on. I believe that the "rogue team" was booted a year ago and no one is covering that spot...
    My Rogue

Veni, vidi, vici.

I like MoP now c:

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Here they are :

It's the first build anyways, so we'll keep waiting I guess.
    Ehh , are you expecting buffs? I mean have you seen how OP you currently are when well geared and not mention, skilled, something most rogues lack due to the last seasons being -> pop smoke -> pop cd -> stunlock -> gg (40-50k ambushes in wotlk ) haha