Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Link the profile?

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 08:44 PM ----------

The Jade Pandaren Kite model is already in the game. It was in the beta. It just wasn't called "Jade" but "Green".
    Yes, there is a green kite in-game... but it was still possible that they created a new model for jade kite. I highly doubt it, but I didn't want to "jump to conclusions."

I'd rather have a kite than another recoloured serpent whose animations make me nauseated.
    While I personally love the cloud serpent mounts to death, I'd posit that there are many more deserving mount models in game than the kite, at least for such an achievement.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

There should be an achieve that requires you to get x mounts that basically just excludes all the 'chance to drop' mounts. There are also mounts, like the spectral tiger, which you can't expect everyone to get - 250 mounts is a bit steep imo, you need a lot of luck for that; 200 would be fine.

Quite frankly, all I want them to do is add an achieve for every class at 90, then i'm happy. No motivation at all to level them as quick as I was going to seeing the achieves only go up to 5 classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    And I just broke 225 last night...

Need something to strive for, where is 200 and 250? Account wide made a huge difference, some people are close to 300 now.

A title or something would be nice at some point, once you have a lot of rare mounts you tend to have favorites anyways, especially at the "final" level when increasing the count is meaningless.
    How can some people be close to 300 when there are only 270 mounts in WOW?? go sit in your 225 mounts, and stop posting nonsense please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    How can some people be close to 300 when there are only 270 mounts in WOW?? go sit in your 225 mounts, and stop posting nonsense please.
    he's counting both horde and alliance mounts together.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Deleted
    May as well kill myself. Been wanting (having had 150+ mounts since) this achievement to be implemented since like the start of Cata, now they finally decide "it's time" and we get a terribly boring kite as a reward. Sure it's a new model and shit but it's just really boring, it's not cool, it's bland.

I don't even ask for a mount worth using over the mounts you already have anymore (if you have had 150 for a while now you're bound to have mounts you're going to prefer over the ones you'd get) but please, it can't be this hard to make it something, at the very least, worth our while and effort. A kite is not worth my effort, no one I know is happy we're getting a kite. I collect mounts because it's something I enjoy doing in this game but the only reason I'll ever even learn the kite is because it'll count as +1 towards 200 or 250.

I actually like the Kites, and will probably use it. My only quip is that my favorite Kite skin is the Alliance reward from getting all Pandaria reps exalted, so if I ever manage to get that this Kite would be pointless...

But I'll probably never get exalted with them all, I hear it'd take months even if you spend 5hrs a day doing dailies o_0

I collect mounts because I collect mounts. The Jade Kite is another mount to collect, and I like both the kites and the color green, so it's all right in my book. But anyway, if you look back at the other achievement mounts they really aren't anything special. I don't really get why the 150 mount, which is going to be the first of them which I'm going to have to do nothing but log in to get, has to look like a flaming fireworks tent with wings for it to be worth my time.

I don't mind the kite, but I do think it's kind of strange that we don't get a 200 or maybe even a 250 mounts achievement. I'm glad for the 150 achievement, but I do think that it should have been implemented for Cataclysm, were it would have been more fitting.

I'm currently at about 170 mounts according to battle.net and I'm missing out on most of the MoP mounts (only exalted with the pandas, tillers and lorewalkers), I don't have the MoP professionmounts or the Archaeology mounts. I also miss out on a bunch of argent tournament mounts, one TB mount and one Darkmoon mount and ofc a lot of the rare drop mounts. I have bought a few expensive mounts of the AH but I haven't bought any of the shop-mounts.
    Last edited by Ater; 2012-10-17 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys do it? I just hit 100 mounts (although It shows as 97 on my pally) and that took weeks and weeks of farming and 40k plus gold to finally get my last 20 mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum View Post
    And I just broke 225 last night...
    You and 500 other people maybe.. Whilst there are other 10 million people playing this game, I'm sure you would like to feel like a special snowflake, but that's just not gonna cut it.

had 150 in Cata, now after i bought 50 colours of turtles i sit good at 178. fu blizz

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...epsidedj/mount
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    How do you guys do it? I just hit 100 mounts (although It shows as 97 on my pally) and that took weeks and weeks of farming and 40k plus gold to finally get my last 20 mounts
    Lol noob. I had 100 in WotLK :P

Sad thing is, I bought all of my mounts before Blizzard reduced their price by like 10x... So I paid 500g for mounts that are now 1g >_<
    And I bought like over 50 mounts... That's a lot of money back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I obtained 161 mounts over 5 months ago, and just the launch of MoP adds about 50 mounts, this isn't challenging even to casual collectors.

I hit 100 at the beginning of ToC

150 during Firelands.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-10-17 at 03:23 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I stopped collecting at 100.

I now have 143.

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    Well my guess is that most people didn't get all does mounts over a night, they got them by playing this game and collection mounts for years. I think that even pre MoP you could get about 100 mounts just counting the vendor-mounts (a lot of them recruiters reputation or currency from dailys), and that's not counting all the dropmounts, achievemenmounts, trading card mounts and other non vendor mounts.

I'm not super excited about the Kite, but what make it much more exciting, and give mount collectors a little more mount for their effort:
    150 mounts = Kite, 200 mounts = upgrade to Kite to allow a passenger, 250 mounts = another upgrade to allow a 2nd passenger. Stuff for now, stuff to work towards, just a single mount to introduce into the game, and provide a 3 person flying mount for those who have put in the effort to collect (and one that will actually be used).

Deleted
    It's so dissapointing. A kite! I didn't mind the dragonhawk or albino dragon, but a kite??? They should at least give us like a Jade, Azure or Golden Heavenly Cloud Serpent(since the only cool Heavenly serpents are almost unobtainable to some people like the Onyx one :< ), just a better looking mount than a kite would be so much better But well, they might change it since it's not live yet.(Hopefully)

Better be a new model and have flashy tails. If its a re-skin people are gonna rage..

10+ Year Old Account
    I also wish it were an infinite dragon that I could ride. I've been hoping they'd add one since I first saw them in CoT. I will admit that I am a bit disappointed in a kite mount, but there are a lot of people who will be thrilled. Personally I hope they add both the achievement for 150 mounts AND one for 200 or so mounts. That way people who have just started collecting can get an achievement and maybe those who have been collecting for a long time can get their cool dragon.

On a side note, am I the ONLY person who loves the albino drake?
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Susinko;18973665On a side note, am I the ONLY person who loves the albino drake?[/QUOTE]

I liked it for a week after I got it, because it was my new shiny mount. Then I got the Horseman's, a Green Proto-drake, A blue proto-drake, and a violet proto-drake all in the same week. I just REALLY hate the black feet on the albino.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...